Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

New Motordyne Shockwave E370

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:41 AM
dopetime

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
does everyone have left motordyne canister stamp facing down and the right facing up?
shop installed mine with the left facing up and the right, down.
Does it matter or are the pipes the same/interchangeable?
also mine is hanging a good amount lower than the stock but the center resonator is with the motordyne stamp facing down like others have it.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:44 AM
datboiroy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WARAT
Pcasey, have you installed your art pipes yet? I'm loving mine the more I drive it. The tone has gotten better (not that it was bad at first).
Hopefully I get mine on before the Kemah meet next week! I don't have time to get them on this weekend.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:53 AM
MaDMaXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dopetime
does everyone have left motordyne canister stamp facing down and the right facing up?
shop installed mine with the left facing up and the right, down.
Does it matter or are the pipes the same/interchangeable?
also mine is hanging a good amount lower than the stock but the center resonator is with the motordyne stamp facing down like others have it.
OK, lets see.

1) Yes, this is normal, however, i believe there is a slight change on the very very latest that puts the logo on both sides of the canister and gives you the same orientation logo on both canisters, i will confirm this tomorrow.

2) It doesn't matter, each pipe will only mount on the correct side.

3) The height is set by the rotation of the mid pipes, if a shop installed this, they didn't pay too much attention to it, should be very easy to correct by just twisting the pipes after loosening the v-band clamps.

If you want to confirm the mid resonator is the right way up, look at the single entrance point on it, that's the part with the angle in it, it should be angled up at the front (relative to the resonator box)
Old 06-23-2012, 01:56 AM
MaDMaXX

Originally Posted by datboiroy
Hopefully I get mine on before the Kemah meet next week! I don't have time to get them on this weekend.
Make sure you attach them from the front first.

I'm assuming you have the E370 already installed?
If so, i really recommend loosening all the v-bands and start aligning/setting up from the ART pipes back. The position of the 'back end' of the ART pipes changes right as you torque up the bolts to the manifolds.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 AM
datboiroy

Originally Posted by MaDMaXX
Make sure you attach them from the front first.

I'm assuming you have the E370 already installed?
If so, i really recommend loosening all the v-bands and start aligning/setting up from the ART pipes back. The position of the 'back end' of the ART pipes changes right as you torque up the bolts to the manifolds.
I have both the exhaust and art pipes but not installed yet.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:35 AM
MaDMaXX

Ahh, then just remove the whole system per the instructions, and work your way from the ART pipes to the back. Get the ART pipes bolted up first, then the XYZ pipe, they're the only bolted parts, the rest are awesome v-bands, the best invention ever!!

Top tip, make sure the flanges between the ART and the XYZ are perfectly aligned, the bolt holes have enough adjustment in them to allow you to misalign the connections without causing a leak.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:53 AM
datboiroy

Thanks for the tips.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:46 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
The motordyne logo is the same on the system for the 370z, one up and one down.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:06 AM
MaDMaXX

Originally Posted by P Casey
The motordyne logo is the same on the system for the 370z, one up and one down.
Not sure if you're referring to my post or not, but what i'm saying is, i think the axle backs i have, will end up with the logo being the right way up on both sides.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:40 PM
dopetime

MadMaxx:
when you say the center muffler should be angled up relative to the resonator box meaning that it sits lower than the XYZ section then correct? if so then I have it the right way.

Attached pics for reference.
Attached Thumbnails New Motordyne Shockwave E370-photo-1-1-.jpg   New Motordyne Shockwave E370-photo-2-1-.jpg   New Motordyne Shockwave E370-photo-3.jpg   New Motordyne Shockwave E370-photo-4.jpg  

Last edited by dopetime; 07-19-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:55 PM
MaDMaXX

I *think* from your pics, that it's the right way, let me try and explain it a little better.

If you look at the resonator from the side, the single pipe side of it should be angled upwards.

Looking at your pics, i can't quite tell where your rear section is, but i would imagine that if your rear diffuser is lower, you're going to struggle aligning the tips, you mentioned the spacers, i assume they're all mounted ok on the rear exhaust hangars? you should be able to see them even when the brackets are fitted.

The lowest point is the vband joining the mid pipes to the axle backs, how much room have you got above that?
Also remember that this is at the point of the 'axle', so it's not going to have anything get closer to it from the ground unless your start traversing weird ground.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:31 PM
dk85

Got the exhaust and art pipes installed. Damn these exhaust are loud. You can hear me from far away. It might be a bit too loud for my taste. It definitely would scare a lot of people once I gas it. How much quieter would it get after some time? Loving the exhaust.

Going to do a dyno tune this coming Friday. Can't wait to see what the numbers are.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 PM
dopetime

^^ hahah same. at first I thought it was a bit too loud. Although now I'm more used to it so not so much now. I do hope it quiets down a bit tho.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Weiboy718

haha! exhausts only will get louder over time.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:24 PM
MaDMaXX

Actually, exhausts settle in, only if you've got crappy wadding do they get louder.

However, unless i'm standing on the throttle, mine is very quiet, and even then, only after 4k

If people want them a bit quieter, you can get the mid pipe resonators. I have the mid pipe HFC's, but i'm not sure they're quieting it down *that* much, would need to confirm with Tony on that one.

I'll also not, for those people having height issues or knocking on any center bars: V-bands are great, they really are, but people don't always realise that it's very possible to get a sealed and connected v-band connection, that isn't straight, i had to re-do a couple of joints, namely the mid resonator to y-pipe and passenger to axle back connections. I just brute forced them up for the y-pipe, and loosened right off for the axleback, brute forced it straight and 'panic-tightened' the clamp, did the trick Everything high and dry

Quick Reply: New Motordyne Shockwave E370