Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Stillen Gen 3 VS Takeda front Mount CAI

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 10:37 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Imdatguy, No problem man, Just trying to help , Since I have experience with both. I do feel however the dual filters matter, but we'll see. save the $$ and get the takedas. They are legit the same design. Just where the Takedas go through the rad support its a rubber boot. At some point I'd think they would need to be replaced but even at that it wouldn't be a hard change over.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:10 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm ordering my takeda today actually!
Old 08-29-2015, 01:44 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Any of you noticed an mpg increase with takeda or stillen's (when you drive the same way you do without them of course). Since Cai's seem to bring this much to this engine maybe with a light foot it may also bring an additional 2mpg's
Old 10-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
LOL...gtfo.

The stillen intake has 10x better quality then the Takeda. The Takeda's piping is cheap, the piping has larger and smaller diameters throughout the piping to fit the engine bay and "make it easier to install". Think about it, THIS IS THE SAME concept as an exhaust. Your exhaust can only flow as easy and quickly as the smallest diameter of the entire exhaust. Hense why it makes no sense to have half of an exhaust 3" piping, and the rest 2.5" piping.

Same concept applies here, the Takeda narrows down in diameter to fit through to "avoid cutting", so you might as well just have a smaller pipe through the entire intake. Also, all of the couplers are CHEAP that come with it. I've seen then first hand, and they don't line up.

Last but not least, the Takeda comes w/ one filter, with two pipes pulling out of the same one? What's to say that one isn't over compensating for the other, not to mention the Gen3 comes with 2 quality K&N filters. Doesn't get any better then that.

CHEERS
I just want to say, that from a physics stand point...with a smaller diameter pipe, the air flows with a higher velocity which is a GOOD thing with regards to an intake. Try blowing air through a 2.5 inch pipe as fast as you can through a straw for soda pop and you'll get my idea. The fact that it even changes in size could be beneficial. Industrial and even residential air ducts change in size to accommodate for lost velocity. Just sayin..the physics are there if you wanted to argue.

Also, exhaust is different than intake. For NA vehicles you want back pressure for torque and responsiveness..so different sized piping does not matter as long as the end result is the same. For FI you want straight pipe or as high flow as possible otherwise you'll cook the turbo very quickly. Turbos HATE back pressure.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Streetking310

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen that Takeda **** is cheap
Old 08-31-2018, 04:53 PM
PearlyG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
LOL...gtfo. Its because of power. I have Gen3's, and the people that complain about the install simply don't know what they're doing and shouldn't be around cars, let alone modding them.

The stillen intake has 10x better quality then the Takeda. The Takeda's piping is cheap, the piping has larger and smaller diameters throughout the piping to fit the engine bay and "make it easier to install". Think about it, THIS IS THE SAME concept as an exhaust. Your exhaust can only flow as easy and quickly as the smallest diameter of the entire exhaust. Hense why it makes no sense to have half of an exhaust 3" piping, and the rest 2.5" piping.

Same concept applies here, the Takeda narrows down in diameter to fit through to "avoid cutting", so you might as well just have a smaller pipe through the entire intake. Also, all of the couplers are CHEAP that come with it. I've seen then first hand, and they don't line up.

Last but not least, the Takeda comes w/ one filter, with two pipes pulling out of the same one? What's to say that one isn't over compensating for the other, not to mention the Gen3 comes with 2 quality K&N filters. Doesn't get any better then that.

CHEERS
i think you just sold everyone on here to go with Stillen
Old 08-31-2018, 05:05 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by PearlyG

i think you just sold everyone on here to go with Stillen
I don't know about "just"...that post was over 6 years ago...