Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Zele Powered

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 PM
oro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zele Powered

I want to start by giving a giant shout out to Vivid Racing, Jeff and his fabricator did an awesome job on a project that literally 6 local shops turned away, as well to Kris at 370ZTune he got this exhaust to me in record time even during the Tsunami crisis. I know this is a G37 but this is exhaust is exclusively 370z, and I figured I would post it up here so you guys could see more than the stock photos from Japan.

So without further ado, the worlds only G37S Coupe with a Zele Titanium Type 2 exhaust (At least to my knowledge...lolz).

The fit and finish of the Zele Titanium exhaust is literally breathtaking, the system truly is a work of art, I honestly wish I was superballin' so I could buy another just to sit in my living room like a set of trophy antlers.

Aside from its looks the original draw for me to the system was the sound it made after seeing the video on Viddler, and what an amazing sound it is. The sound is deep and heavy almost muscle car sound and even mated up with my Motordyne ART pipes which brings it's tone even deeper the system is almost silent on idle and has absolutely no drone at highway speed, as I've never owned anything Titanium other than my Zele shift ****, I assume this is a feature of the titaniums different vibration frequency. Under load its growl had me wasting gas half the day. :tup:

There is a downside for me though, as the system obviously wasn't made for my car due to the large length difference it is attached by slip fittings to the chassis at some points on the car, sometimes the car makes no noise, and sometimes the NVH reverberates the chassis enough to sound like someone is tapping a pipe against the roof of the car loudly and often. So if anyone has any suggestions on insulating the piping I'm open to hear it
Aside from that enjoy. :tiphat:

Zele Titanium + ART Pipe Combo

Unfortunately I have no recording device other than my Android phone...but you get the idea.
G37S Zele Titanium Exhaust + Motordyne ART Pipes - YouTube

Last edited by Gamedog; 11-08-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:19 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I love it, way to be unique and the sound is amazing.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:25 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
mad props for being one of a kind.... atleast in the US! enjoy it!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:30 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
whoah ballin!!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:35 PM
oro

Thanks guys, if only Zele wasn't so damn expensive...and if only they made an exhaust for us in the first place. I wish I could get an accurate sound but I would probably need *real* audio equipment. If I had to quit modding today, this would definitely be my point of choice to stop at.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:45 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Wish you had a better recording device... Props for going the unique route!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Hmmm looks cool, not sure if I would put something on my car that doesn't fit near perfect. Good stuff though.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:51 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow very nice sir
Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 PM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Beautiful exhaust! But I personally would prefer the tips sitting more in with the bumper. Not a big fan of how the tips stick out past the rear bumper. Other than that, sounds very mean and looks very exclusive. Congrats!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:07 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by oro
Thanks guys, if only Zele wasn't so damn expensive...and if only they made an exhaust for us in the first place. I wish I could get an accurate sound but I would probably need *real* audio equipment. If I had to quit modding today, this would definitely be my point of choice to stop at.
i contacted Zele a couple months back to see if they planned on or would take a custom order for their strut tower bar for the g37's, they said they have no plans to do it.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:14 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn that's beautiful and sounds great!!

Last edited by ipitythefoo; 11-09-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
oro

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
i contacted Zele a couple months back to see if they planned on or would take a custom order for their strut tower bar for the g37's, they said they have no plans to do it.
It really depends on if it mounts at the same points, if there are G/Z strut towers that are interchangeable it may very well work with little fabrication.

I talked to them a while ago about this exhaust and they said it wouldn't fit. The exhaust actually can bolt right up to the car practically in standard "Z trim", but due to its length and if you want proper fitment you have to space it out more. The system is solid and perfectly fit...if you make it.

If there are strut bars that are interchangeable between the Z and G, it could be worth the chance if you want it bad enough. You would just need a Z engine cover at that point if you still wanted one. I wanted to go full Zele on this car, but it really isn't cost effective for me, I picked my favorite parts and now am turning attention to forced induction.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
So at some points your car makes no noise at all?? Hmmmm.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 PM
oro

Originally Posted by J2S2M
Beautiful exhaust! But I personally would prefer the tips sitting more in with the bumper. Not a big fan of how the tips stick out past the rear bumper. Other than that, sounds very mean and looks very exclusive. Congrats!
Definitely understand, I was on the fence on it to, I like the extended look on the M5 for example, on other cars it just doesn't work. For me though I figured for the time effort and pain in the *** it was, I wanted the titanium burnt tips out to be seen, because unfortunately the rest of this exhaust is hidden under the car.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM
oro

Originally Posted by P Casey
So at some points your car makes no noise at all?? Hmmmm.
Yeah, start it sometimes and you have that metallic clang. Other times you start it and it runs completely silent. I'm guessing there is either a heatshield making contact or a little excessive movement between the slip joints and the piping. I'm gonna get under it on my weekend and see what I can see. Were that sound not there, the exhaust would be practically perfect fit.

Quick Reply: Zele Powered