Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

HELP. installed stillen intake but hood won't OPEN!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 03:04 AM
basik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP. installed stillen intake but hood won't OPEN!

hello, I just installed the gen 3 stillen intake and I honestly I have no idea why the hood won't open. Its like jammed and won't open. When I pull the lever it wont go all the way..

This whole installation was pretty sketch cause installing this bs was a pain in the ***.. Had to enlarge the holes larger.. everything was like forced in... on top of that my friend put the sensor backwards so when the car is in idle it rumbles n stops... any tips?!?! idk what to do.. If I take it to the dealership I know for a fact they gonna try to charge as much as they can..

all I need is the hood to open to check out whats wrong.. but the hood wont open!!!!!

thanks in advanced..
Old 09-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow..... The sensor should be flipped and it'll run good. But not sure why your hood doesn't open, does it pop at all? Or just not pop when you pull the release
Old 09-02-2011, 04:55 AM
basik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggy
Wow..... The sensor should be flipped and it'll run good. But not sure why your hood doesn't open, does it pop at all? Or just not pop when you pull the release
yeah also the check engine light came on which is hopefully the reason right?

honestly I have no idea why the hood doesnt open. yes it doesn't pop at all..
tried getting a wire to pull the latch through the grill but its basically impossible.. the intake is in the way.. also seems like im not the only one having problems with the hood opening due to a stillen gen 3 installation..
this is by far the worst fitment intake I've ever seen.

I'm reading this thread"https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/221607-help-hood-wont-open.html"

and it seems like he fixed it by "Yes i fixed it last night ...went through the wheel well and pushed the spirng on each side and it poped. it seemed that the wire was pinched and the hood got jamed when closing it."

sorry i'm a noob.. how exactly can you achieve this?
seems like ima be driving to ceritos infinti tmw..
thanks in advanced..
Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Its probabably the latch cables underneath the radiator shroud. They are probably either snagged on something or in a bind.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Never had a problem with the hood popping on the G.
When this happens on other vehicles, sometimes it helps to have someone pull the lever inside the car while you push down on the hood at the same time.
Tom