Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Takeda Cold Air Intake System

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Age intake question

I just got my car a couple weeks ago,2013 g37s coupe, in gunmetal. In the picture at the bottom of the page. It shows the intake on the engine with the bumper off. Do you need to do that to install it? From listening to what you guys are saying I will probably get the age, or the stillen. But I don't want to take my most off. Does any know if you must take off bumper off to install. Or fid they just to https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177537thgothot
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Hmm intresting, Price is good.. DAMN I may have to get these for the wifes car now., :/

I like the rubber also where the pipes go through the rad support, **** man where was this a week ago before a got the Stillens,. $180 less.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Solidus
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Booneathun
I just got my car a couple weeks ago,2013 g37s coupe, in gunmetal. In the picture at the bottom of the page. It shows the intake on the engine with the bumper off. Do you need to do that to install it? From listening to what you guys are saying I will probably get the age, or the stillen. But I don't want to take my most off. Does any know if you must take off bumper off to install. Or fid they just to G37 performance chip... - MyG37

Yes, you must take the bumper off. When I installed mine I thought I could do it by just removing he grill and I was 98 percent there . Then when it came time to put the filter support in I was back to having to remove the bumper. I also had to rough sand the ends of the tubes at the filter because the rubber was slipping when I put the clamps on.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by huwee06
Cold Air Intake System Takeda Intakes Infiniti* G37 V6-3.7L<BR> TA-3016P - aFe Power

Producing gains of 19 horsepower and 12 lbs. x ft. torque, Takeda is proud to have engineered this true cold air intake system. The placement of the unique single air filter in the area in front of the radiator guarantees a supply of cool, high pressure air. The Takeda philosophy of "no cutting or drilling" is maintained with this intake system, as flexible urethane couplings are used to pass through existing openings in the radiator core support. The polished aluminum tubes are maintenance-free thanks to the clear anodized finish. Whether for street or race, this is the ultimate intake system for the G37.

Anyone here have this on their G37?? Fairly new so I can't find any reviews on them. I have the Gen3 love it but this is a nice option over Gen3 if anyone doesn't want to hack into their G..
This was my first mod....ever. I'm proud to say I self installed and it has (so far) been the best money I've spent on the car. Easy install...I did have to take off the bumper, not sure if anyone would be able to put it on without taking it off. It looks beautiful! I felt an instant mega increase in power & sound. Actually for me personally, it turned my 12 vert from a semi-quick semi-fun car to drive into a white knuckle experience in just over 2 hours of install time. A few months later I'm a bit more adjusted to the HP increase so it doesn't excite me quite as much as it did previously, but I must say everytime I pop the hood (and I do so anytime I get a chance I freakin love the look if those shiny twin pipes! I'll never have another vehicle that doesn't get a LTCAI as soon as I purchase it. Def worth the money. And it puts out just .5 hp less that the gen 3 right? With a price diff of around $135
There's my 2 cents....hope it helps somebody.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (11-17-2017)
Old 09-12-2014, 09:36 AM
lowboy72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just installed the Takeda CAI and I wanted to point out a couple of things from what I seen from previous threads and what i experienced with this kit. The first is that my kit has silicone elbows and couplers. There is no issue with bunching or pipe fitment as there was with the original rubber couplers. The second is with the clamps slipping when tightening down the filter. Even with wiping clean the rubber, this was an issue. I purchased the rain shield and it is designed in such a way that it uses the rigidity of the shield to prevent the clamps from slipping.

The only build quality issue I had with these intakes is that the eyelet brackets for the brace is welded significantly off on one of the air filter pipes. It puts the brace on the bend of the bumper beam and required me to bend the brace to fit to the bumper. Other than that, easy installation and well worth it for the cost.
The following users liked this post:
SrtUltr (08-09-2016)
Old 11-12-2017, 11:49 PM
ZiggZagg

19 horsepower gains? Is a tune required to reach those numbers?
Old 11-12-2017, 11:50 PM
ZiggZagg

Did you tune your car after installation of these takeda intakes?
Old 11-13-2017, 01:29 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Your #1 Infiniti Vendor!

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
No need to tune after an intake.

If you want max hp #, tune is beneficial with other bolt ons.

contact us for pricing!

-Josh
Old 11-17-2017, 01:05 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire32
This was my first mod....ever. I'm proud to say I self installed and it has (so far) been the best money I've spent on the car. Easy install...I did have to take off the bumper, not sure if anyone would be able to put it on without taking it off. It looks beautiful! I felt an instant mega increase in power & sound. Actually for me personally, it turned my 12 vert from a semi-quick semi-fun car to drive into a white knuckle experience in just over 2 hours of install time. A few months later I'm a bit more adjusted to the HP increase so it doesn't excite me quite as much as it did previously, but I must say everytime I pop the hood (and I do so anytime I get a chance I freakin love the look if those shiny twin pipes! I'll never have another vehicle that doesn't get a LTCAI as soon as I purchase it. Def worth the money. And it puts out just .5 hp less that the gen 3 right? With a price diff of around $135
There's my 2 cents....hope it helps somebody.
Props man for doing it yourself

I did mine without removing the bumper
Old 05-07-2018, 12:54 PM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any longterm update on this? thought the build was really cool but seems like a 50/50 on functionality.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Tacoboy
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking at getting the Takeda TR300-BP kit for my 2013 G37 coupe.
(as the K&N kit is not a good working fit)
Or is there a better option?