Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

R2C install

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
akochman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R2C install

Installed the R2C intakes myself this morning (took about 2 hours by myself... difficult to see instructions). Wanted to fix a few things but had to go to class... Just wondering about something though...

I may have dropped a hose clamp into the splash guard and didn't have enough time to go down there and get it... So as of right now, there are no hose clamps on (the little ones... not the big ones holding the intake to the throttle body) on the passenger side of the car.

Just wondering if this is really bad to be driving around without those? I checked the car after I drove it to school and it seems fine... Just wondering how necessary/important it is to have those on there (I know, I'm an idiot)

Side Note: The car is not throwing any CELs so I was very very happy about that. Also, the intakes are really quiet when driving normally but come alive nicely if you stomp on the gas

3/6/11: Pictures Added of the Black Powdercoat R2C Intakes (2nd page of thread)

Last edited by akochman; 03-06-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You will want to get that clamped. It may be fine for a little while but what if you hit a large bump and it comes off? Then you will be pulling unfiltered air straight in to you throttle body which will at the very least throw a code but worst case suck dirt in to your engine and cause real probelsm.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
the little ones are the ones that connect the vaccum hose to the intake? those are less important than the throttle body one, but i would fix it as soon as you can. The big ones are the ones that connect to the throttle body.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
akochman

Originally Posted by Steveo47
the little ones are the ones that connect the vaccum hose to the intake? those are less important than the throttle body one, but i would fix it as soon as you can. The big ones are the ones that connect to the throttle body.
It is the little ones... Throttle body clamps are on and tight
Old 03-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah, those arent as important, but fix them as soon as you can.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
If you end up losing it, just use the OEM ones that you have to use pliers on. Those are just as good, and easier to use IMO.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
post pics!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
akochman

Waiting for my gf to come into town with a good camera... i'll get pics put up in the next couple days... hopefully i have some time to fix it by then

Have been driving the car very hard over the last 24 hours and everything still looks good without the clamps... I have been checking every couple times I park places, and everything looks exactly as it did yesterday when I did the install... we will see how it holds up until I have a chance to get those clamps back on there

Last edited by akochman; 03-03-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:51 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
should hold up fine i dont have a clip on one of my hoses for my intakes and no problems..
Old 03-04-2011, 10:02 AM
akochman

I also realized yesterday that the intake on the driver's side of the car sits slightly lower than the one on the passenger side... I tried adjusting the bracket but it is still a little lower... is it supposed to be like that? and ideas for a fix? I know, i need to get pics up... as soon as i get my hands on a good camera, pics will be coming
Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
OK sorry I misunderstood which clamp you meant. Yeah not as big of a deal for the smaller clamps.

Also mine sit higher on one side but only by a little bit.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

final pics and soundclip please! i will probably pull the trigger next week! ;-D
Old 03-04-2011, 11:20 AM
akochman

Originally Posted by Kidcane
OK sorry I misunderstood which clamp you meant. Yeah not as big of a deal for the smaller clamps.

Also mine sit higher on one side but only by a little bit.
it isn't major, just slightly lower (including the filter)... I don't know if it is sealing against the hood on the driver's side which is the only think that worries me... as for the clamps, i wouldn't have driven it without the big clamps connecting the intake to the throttle body... i have checked on the little hoses and everything seems to be really holding together without the clamps

Originally Posted by Dj farhan
final pics and soundclip please! i will probably pull the trigger next week! ;-D
I probably won't have the pictures/sound clips up until next week... I am happy with them so far... sound good (you have to really hit the gas though), and install wasn't too bad
Old 03-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

^ hmmm, i really dont gun it while i am driving, so do you think it is worth it then?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 AM
akochman

you will when you have something to look forward to

Quick Reply: R2C install