Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

K&N Cold Air Induction Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
shawnberry45
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Last edited by shawnberry45; 10-15-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 PM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by shawnberry45
I see they make one now for the 2008 G37 S,

anyone have one? do you like it?
Yes, I ordered it through E-Bay last fall and love it. I paid $329 including shipping. However, I think you can get them cheaper now. It was very easy to install. The difference is definitely noticeable when accelerating hard and the sound from under the hood is awesome. I recommend it, it's definitely worth the money.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
I would recommend for the money getting yourself an injen or a stillen Gen3.

W/ the k&n its running straight warm air off the engine really defeating the purpose of a CAI, more running a WAI. The filters themselves are obviously a little better quality, but that's about it.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
^^ if it has heat shields it should be okay. R2C stays very cool when driving, somewhere on here there is a r2c temp graph while driving. And it stays nice and cool
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by | 1cleanG |
I would recommend for the money getting yourself an injen or a stillen Gen3.

W/ the k&n its running straight warm air off the engine really defeating the purpose of a CAI, more running a WAI. The filters themselves are obviously a little better quality, but that's about it.
That seems to be a popular assumption unfortunately made without anyone having actually measured the temps. Having done so, I think you'll find that once underway, the airflow coming into the intake vents is ambient. To my knowledge none of the current CAI include a refrigeration unit to make then anything less then ambient. Granted they'll help at stop, but that's about it and it quickly drops once underway.

It reminds me of the slotted vs non-slotted rotor myth. Do you realize non-slotted rotors produce greater stopping power. The reason performance vendors make them is because there's a myth out there that they help cool and improve braking so... they make them cause they know people want them and will buy them not because they actually improve braking performance.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:49 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
That seems to be a popular assumption unfortunately made without anyone having actually measured the temps. Having done so, I think you'll find that once underway, the airflow coming into the intake vents is ambient. To my knowledge none of the current CAI include a refrigeration unit to make then anything less then ambient. Granted they'll help at stop, but that's about it and it quickly drops once underway.

It reminds me of the slotted vs non-slotted rotor myth. Do you realize non-slotted rotors produce greater stopping power. The reason performance vendors make them is because there's a myth out there that they help cool and improve braking so... they make them cause they know people want them and will buy them not because they actually improve braking performance.
Clapping hands! You couldn't have said it any better RedG37SNC. I've been looking into the K&N intakes for quite some time now, and I think I'm gonna jump on it. I don't see a benefit of the G3's over many other SRIs (R2C and K&N) that produce similar results without the cutting, AND have more midrange power for daily driving.

I'll be buying the K&N intakes and getting a tune shortly thereafter. I'll ensure to post results as well.