Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Looking for some experienced Injen users

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:20 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Looking for some experienced Injen users

Have a really quick question for you guys. I recently purchased a USED set of Injen Cold Airs. In all honesty, I've never purchased anything used for my cars, especially when its come to modifications. I figured going IN was more important than going OUT. I originally planned to purchase new and if anything, purchase USED for "out" modifications, like exhaust, hfcs, etc.. Anyways, a local (this is no means a reflection on the seller! you were AWESOME) offered me mint condition Injens for $250 . They're on the car now, and seem to be running just fine. I noticed however during the initial install a bit of "grime" on the interior of the intake. I took a clean microfiber cloth and took a swipe of the general tubing area, and it came back clean. Any ideas what that is? It LOOKS dirty, and FEELS dirty, but wipes clean? Material the pipings made of maybe? I can't imagine that purchasing used lets more particles readily into my intake manifolds, right? Bah...regretting the purchase a small bit. Plus, I recently discovered that Injen switched over to dry filters! These came with the K&N wet filters (+ Injen hydroshields). I'm assuming no real benefit between the two? Can someone offer me some soothing advise? MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, DAMN IT! haha would be GREATLY appreciated!

Eric

Last edited by eksigned; 02-01-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 PM
jmlenz

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
My Injens (SP1997BLK) are in the mail so Ill let you know when they get here. Mine are not used but Ill check it out for you. Mine are the blue Amsoil dry filters version FYI
Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
just whipe them, its grim from welding, no big deal. 250 is a steal!. Dry/wet filters dont really have a performance difference, just easier/harder to clean. You could also buy the dry filters when the wet ones have had it. Dont worry about it, enjoy the intake
Old 02-01-2011, 12:57 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think you have anything to worry about but good for you for paying attention to details.

As for the filters, I had the red ones too originally but later switched to the Amsoil blue filters. I'd suggest you do the same. They're much better. Recently, I tried to clean them and they were surprisingly clean too.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 PM
eksigned

Originally Posted by eksigned
Have a really quick question for you guys. I recently purchased a USED set of Injen Cold Airs. In all honesty, I've never purchased anything used for my cars, especially when its come to modifications. I figured going IN was more important than going OUT. I originally planned to purchase new and if anything, purchase USED for "out" modifications, like exhaust, hfcs, etc.. Anyways, a local (this is no means a reflection on the seller! you were AWESOME) offered me mint condition Injens for $250 . They're on the car now, and seem to be running just fine. I noticed however during the initial install a bit of "grime" on the interior of the intake. I took a clean microfiber cloth and took a swipe of the general tubing area, and it came back clean. Any ideas what that is? It LOOKS dirty, and FEELS dirty, but wipes clean? Material the pipings made of maybe? I can't imagine that purchasing used lets more particles readily into my intake manifolds, right? Bah...regretting the purchase a small bit. Plus, I recently discovered that Injen switched over to dry filters! These came with the K&N wet filters (+ Injen hydroshields). I'm assuming no real benefit between the two? Can someone offer me some soothing advise? MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, DAMN IT! haha would be GREATLY appreciated!

Eric
Originally Posted by jmlenz
My Injens (SP1997BLK) are in the mail so Ill let you know when they get here. Mine are not used but Ill check it out for you. Mine are the blue Amsoil dry filters version FYI
sounds good. don't forget jmlenz! LOL

Originally Posted by Steveo47
just whipe them, its grim from welding, no big deal. 250 is a steal!. Dry/wet filters dont really have a performance difference, just easier/harder to clean. You could also buy the dry filters when the wet ones have had it. Dont worry about it, enjoy the intake
I KNOW, right?! 250! Good to know that it's just easier to clean thanks man!

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I don't think you have anything to worry about but good for you for paying attention to details.

As for the filters, I had the red ones too originally but later switched to the Amsoil blue filters. I'd suggest you do the same. They're much better. Recently, I tried to clean them and they were surprisingly clean too.
Yeah, for sure...I'll have to pick 'em up after I toss these. Have you used the hypershield items? I wonder if they're any good...?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:40 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My filters came with the dry one too i guess, since they are blue. Thats a great deal you've got man! i got mine for double your price! haha
Old 02-02-2011, 03:44 AM
eksigned

^ . But really dude...I'm such an **** mother trucker. It's starting to uh...**** me off. Obsessive, compulsive...disorder. It's a disease . Oh well. I'm over it. For now...LOL
Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 AM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, you're in good shape with the Injens. Switch over to the reds when the blues get clogged up and use the shield. It will help keep additional moisture from getting in.

You got a sweet deal on them. GLW install and post pics!