Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

R2C Performance MaxxFlow Cold Air Intake System

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
R2C Performance MaxxFlow Cold Air Intake System

Im lookin to get one of these this summer. Im looking for an experience anyone has with this type of intake. I have searched a read a review on it, but more than one opinion would be good.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:51 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Steveo47
Im lookin to get one of these this summer. Im looking for an experience anyone has with this type of intake. I have searched a read a review on it, but more than one opinion would be good.
I had these about a year ago... It was a great intake, but I was personally looking for something a little bit more aggressive and made more power. These intakes are great if you're looking to swap them ever so often when you have your scheduled dealership visits. Power made from these guys range from car to car, but with a custom tune positive gains should be expected.

I do love the fact these have a 3 way heatshield that enclosed when you shut the hood to give it a stock air-box approach to lessen heatsoak to the filter.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:13 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I had an R2c on my Maxima. I'm local to them and they used my car to develop the intake for the 2004-2008 Maximas. Great group of guys that really know what they are doing.

I'll be getting an R2c system for my G sedan very soon.

While their intake system doesn't offer the best gains out there, they do offer the best filtration/protection, bar none.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:11 PM
chris9012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There alright ive had them for a month guess i just expected too much from intakes. im considering selling them going back to stock if you want pm me a fair offer, they are black chrome and pretty much new
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Steveo47

Alright fair enough, any better SRI anyone knows of? Im a bit too nervous installing one like the stillen gen 3
Old 05-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Alright fair enough, any better SRI anyone knows of? Im a bit too nervous installing one like the stillen gen 3
Even though R2Cs are "considered" cold air intakes, they take the size of a traditional short ram. If you're not looking to install the Injen or Stillen G3s then my suggestion would be to stick with your first choice (R2C).
Old 05-31-2010, 01:53 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

There are none. R2c's filter media is the best out there.

Trending Topics

Old 05-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Steveo47

I know the performance boost from SRI is very minimal, so im lookin for a easy to maintain + a good sounds. So the consensus is that R2C is the best?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

I know the performance boost from SRI is very minimal, so im lookin for a easy to maintain + a good sounds. So the consensus is that R2C is the best?
For what you want, yup!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 AM
ryanmross

Ed used my car to prototype these intakes. Great crew over there, they had me return a few times for test fitting.. and then I got a prototype installed. They had me return one more time to swap out the rubber seals for the new design. I have no complaints. The sound was the first thing I noticed. Being there, I read a lot about the filter media, and it is impressive.

Good luck.
-Ryan
Old 06-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Steveo47

awesome, thanks for the input. This summer im getting a black betty grounding kit, a strut bar and now a R2C intake!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 PM
inapirekim
Registered Member

I have had mine a year now and I love them. They are easy to install and maintain. Blowing the filter out is a sinch. They also look good in the engine bay with the white filters and flat black tube.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Jayson

hey Stevo

I just bought mine last night from Stunerzstore.com and it was $420 Black Nickel, I'll let u know how I feel abt this intake, I was thinking between R2c and Stillen gen 3 as well, but for installation problem I go R2C, and I heard R2C has a little more aggressive on sounds too.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Gee37S

I saw a dyno somewhere on here comparing the R2C to the stillen. The stillen did make more PEAK horsepower but the R2C made more power throughout the RPM band, IIRC about 75%+ of the RPM band the R2C was on top. A user on here had the R2C, got the stillens then switched back to the R2C because they were more fun to drive and developed more power in the usable RPM band.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee37S
I saw a dyno somewhere on here comparing the R2C to the stillen. The stillen did make more PEAK horsepower but the R2C made more power throughout the RPM band, IIRC about 75%+ of the RPM band the R2C was on top. A user on here had the R2C, got the stillens then switched back to the R2C because they were more fun to drive and developed more power in the usable RPM band.
Sorry for bringing this thread from the dead...but is this true? The R2C SRI delivers more improvements throughout the RPM range while the Stillen is more noticeable at WOT and higher RPM ranges?

Quick Reply: R2C Performance MaxxFlow Cold Air Intake System