Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

FINALLY! 3months of waiting...FI catback installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For some reason those tips on the FI exhaust look a lot smaller than stock. hmm.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:58 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Pms1212
The guy who installed mine had the same problem with mine only it was one of them not both. But in the end he was able to get it. What are you going to do so you can get the HFCs installed?
i'm gonna see if dealer would warranty it, like shumby said...hopefully the dealer i goto is as cool as the one he went to

if they don't warranty it, then i dont know...hopefully oxygensensor.com get our sensors in stock soon...they're usually alot cheaper than else where

but it seems like alot of ppl who have HFCs had problems with at least one of their sensors

I am really surprised that it wasn't worth the wait for you. Sorry to hear that. I know I waited also, not as long as you did, but I love mine. I couldn't be happier.
I'm happy with my exhaust too...just don't think 3 months was worth it...nor the misinformed 4.5" ti tips that i was told by THM...to wait as long as i did and not get what i was told makes it not worth it, IMO

Last edited by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[; 06-04-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:10 PM
madmikeg37
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
i wish we had to deal thru tony in the first place rather than THM.
+1

Tony is the man.

Eddie (he tries but, e for effort)
Old 06-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Ahujadaddy

since you have your exahsut installed... what do you think about how it looks in the back... are the mufflers really visible and hang low?

I dont like the look where you can see the MUFFLER can, like with Tanabe, but was wondering what you guys thought of this since it wasnt really a can style muffler but more professional looking.

Are most of you in the group buy gettin Aluminzed, Stainless, or Polished stainless? Which type did you get, ]\[ /-\ ]\/[ ?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:43 PM
madmikeg37
Banned

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
since you have your exahsut installed... what do you think about how it looks in the back... are the mufflers really visible and hang low?

I dont like the look where you can see the MUFFLER can, like with Tanabe, but was wondering what you guys thought of this since it wasnt really a can style muffler but more professional looking.

Are most of you in the group buy gettin Aluminzed, Stainless, or Polished stainless? Which type did you get, ]\[ /-\ ]\/[ ?
PSS all the way.

Trust me just got mine worth every penny & then some.

hats of to FI, they make a bitchin exhaust.

(even my dealer where I bought my car was asking me all kinds of questions)

You really cant see from the back.

You have to mad close, I had to bend down a little to see the mufflers.

if you are close up you will not see the muffler just the tip.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Ahujadaddy

ha, thanks mike... just worried about the PSS if i lower on Eibach or Htechs and i scrape those puppies on a speed bump or something

>_<

Is our stock setup the Aluminized equivalent? and no matter which option u get.. the tips will still be shiny like PSS, right? "chrome tip" look. Anyone know

Thanksss
Old 06-04-2008, 10:44 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

i dont think it hangs low at all...u can see the mufflers from the back but i think it looks good...the tip's size is the only thing i dont like about it....i dont really care much about how the mufflers look..i like them either way, FI's or tanabe's or stock style...if i had a choice i think HKS style is nicest.

i got the stainless steel....and it doesn't matter if u get aluminum, stainless or polish the mufflers and tips are all polished
Old 06-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Pms1212

I purchased the PSS.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:48 PM
chucky

02 senors

Guys, TOG posted possible problems with those senors. I haven't taken mine to the dealers yet. As far as the FI exhust fitment mine was great but I did have to fuss a little with some of the flanges. But the instructions where excellent and they suggested tightening from the front to the back. I found that I needed to center up the tips and tighten the first point behind them. Then go from the front to the back. If you don't do that when you get to the tips they will not be centered. Also the bolts that come out from the engine bay are a hand full. I used a 1/2" breaker bar, several 1/2" extensions and a swivel socket.; Plus, I removed my Stillen intakes to get a stright shot to the bolts. They where hard to break loose, especially on the driver's side, but finally let go. I used liberal amounts of blaster on all of the nuts and bolts before I started the disassemble. When I installed the HFC's I put the top bolts in from the bottom with the nuts on top. That way if you need to take them out later the job will be easier. I am extremely happy with the power and especially the sound. Doesn't sound like an old guy's car anymore.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Ahujadaddy

thanks for the comments and info guys! i might as well get Aluminum then.. depending on price since i missed the GB... doh!

i think im bout ready to pull the trigger on FI. I will hafta lookup what u mean by HKS style....
Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

i think im bout ready to pull the trigger on FI. I will hafta lookup what u mean by HKS style....

also look at those tips compared to FI's...that's the kind of tips FI need to get
Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
i wish i could post pictures of my exhaust... :/
Old 06-05-2008, 02:19 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
i wish i could post pictures of my exhaust... :/
Why not?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 AM
TerribleONE453