General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

What tools do you keep in your arsenal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 03:54 AM
Melophile

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
What tools do you keep in your arsenal?

I wanted to start this thread in order to compile a list of things that have made life a bit easier when performing any sort of work to your car.

Pretty sure we can cover basic things like sockets, wrenches, breaker bars, etc. But, it doesn't have to be limited to just hand tools. It can be anything that you have found useful.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:36 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
24V impact wrench. Was able to perform a tire rotation in 20 minutes in my garage. Also great for brakes. Takes off difficult bolts like it's nobody's business. Highly recommend

If you're doing work in the engine bay, or any job of decent size, plastic Ice cube tray for nuts and bolts. Think I got 3 for $1.50 at dollar store. Helps keeping things organized.

Magnetic stick/rod that's thin. Only have had to use it about 3 times in 6 months but boy am I glad I have it when I need it.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:59 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
X2 on the magnetic telescoping tool, never know when you'll need it, but you will

Magnetic tray, great to keep the fasteners safely out of harms way.

Mix of 50:50 Acetone/ATF, superb rust breaker.

Wobble head socket extensions, like the magnetic tool, there are times when only they will work.

10mm hex drive socket for differential fluid change.

Compressor capable enough to run an impact wrench.

Random orbit buffer.

1/4" and 1/2" drive torque wrenches, enough to cover most all ft./lb and inch/lb values on our cars.

OBD-II code reader