General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Steering Wheel Tilt

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
CoolBreeze
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steering Wheel Tilt

This just recently started to occur – with the car parked getting ready to exit the car, I raise the steering wheel and then move the seat back, the steering wheel lowers on its own, which I do not want to happen. If I move the seat back first and then raise the steering wheel, everything stays in their place. There is a slight hesitation raising the steering wheel if the seat is moved back first.

I do not have the move seat back on exit option from the comfort settings menu and both of my seat memory buttons are being used.

I did a PDF search on the owner’s manual, and I did not come across anything that covers this.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:02 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Under the convenience settings, I believe it's called easy exit. The idea is it lifts the wheel/shifts seat back for easy entry/exit.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:54 PM
CoolBreeze
Registered Member

I do not have the auto seat back & steering wheel tilt up under my comfort/convenience settings. The owner’s manual states that option is available “if equipped”.

I read in another thread that the coupes do not have the easy exit option, which I do not know if that is a fact or not.

Either way, my steering wheel goes down when the seat is moved back, which does not make for an easier exit.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
My bad... I thought you had a sedan (like I do ). I recall reading that too in a diff thread that the coupes don't offer this feature. In that case, either wait for someone more knowledgeable with the coupes, or contact your dealer and ask them.

Something else that comes to mind, which is probably present in the coupe - seat/wheel position linked to key fob.

Store what you consider is a proper seat/mirror/wheel position into one or both of the memories, see if your wheel still moves?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:04 PM
CoolBreeze
Registered Member

Jsolo, thank you for your replies.

My fobs have been programmed since day 1, as with the memory buttons.

The steering wheel moving on its own has been a recent occurrence. I have had other electrical glitches occur with my ride, most have not been repeatable to show the dealer.