General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Maintenance plan i n bay area, CA - premium or schedule 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:40 PM
kspoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Maintenance plan i n bay area, CA - premium or schedule 2

I just purchased a G37 yesterday with Premium, Nav and Sport package. I'll say upfront that I am not at all mechanically inclined and don't feel comfortable doing any sort of service on my cars. My question is which maintenance plan I should follow in the bay area - Schedule 2 or Premium. I drive about 30 miles to work each way, mostly highway, but lots of traffic. The service dept at the dealer obviously said that they recommend the premium plan to all customers in the bay area, and I'm wondering if this is really required. I mean, they even change the drive belts at 30k and 60k, which seems way too frequent to me.

I'm trying to determine whether or not it is worthwhile signing up for the elite maintenance plan - it seems like it would be if I plan on following the premium plan, so just trying to determine whether or not this is the way to go.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:27 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont need to buy the elite maintenance plan, it's a waste of money imo

All I do is change my oil and oil filter at the dealer every 3750 miles and it's going to be my third time soon. A lot of people would say doing it every 5000 miles with Full synthetic is perfectly fine and doing more often than that is just a waste of money which I totally agree though.

Schedule 1, 2 or Premium.. all they do is check your car and charge you a premium for it. It's a new car.. that's just bullsh!t cuz I am pretty sure everything will be in mint condition. Save hundreds of dollars and just do oil changes.. I might need to change my air filter soon, and thats about it for me.

The forum is a great place to learn new stuffs. I am sure someone else will chime in.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
kspoker

Thanks xlack. I had pretty much come to this conclusion as well, and I just talked to a friend of mine who also said the same thing. I never had any problems with my Nissans that I've been driving for over 15 years now and all I did was the oil changes and the major services as needed. I would hope that Infinitis are similar in quality (if not better). Thanks again for your feedback.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question for those who do their own oil changes at home......do you EVER take your car to the dealership? I've made the decision to do my own oil changes, but want to know when exactly I should take the car to the dealer for bigger service items? I assume I need to get my brakes checked/replaced around 1.5-2 years, tires around 20-25,000 mi. I'm not comfortable flushing the coolant system or transmission......so is my best bet to follow the service recommendations and take it to the dealer when major items are supposed to be replaced, not just "inspected"?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Stems

I would say if you're going to do your own oil changes, just follow the service recommendations in the manual.