G37 Sedan

Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 09:58 PM
itznxtee
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Issues

So, I recently had my sunroof shattered. Not sure how i just walked out to it. But i wrapped it up and planned to go pull one on friday and yesterday and today we got a hell of alot of rain and i guess it wasnt wrapped enough but i walked out this a.m and my headliner is soaking wet and i run to the gas station and back and try to turn the car off, and the engine turned off but it stayed in accessory mode until i disconnected the battery. I let it sit all day then i tried to start it and ended up having to jump it and it started right up but had the Key light on the dash when i put it in gear then did the same thing with the accessory mode. So im just wondering what you guys think. Is it the ECU? Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-26-2023, 12:35 AM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts
Since you mention your sunroof the usual answer is to check your passenger-side footwell for water and see if the BCM has gotten wet. Lots of threads in here about the sunroof drain problem. A wet BCM can make all kinds of crazy weird things happen. Hope that's not the case - but if this is the first time it's gotten wet you may be able to pull it and dry it before corrosion sets in. Check the connectors and wiring harness too...
Fingers crossed.
The following users liked this post:
itznxtee (10-27-2023)