G37 Sedan

Help G37X 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 10:01 PM
Jaymc311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help G37X 2011

HI everyone.
Ok something weird happend. I drove the car all day it was fine. I went out to eat for an hour came back and the check engine like can one when i started it up. I started drving and it shifted hard into drive. It was then stuck in second gear. I drove it about a mile and pulled into a parking lot and backed in and turned the car off. Now the car will not start. it will turn on and power everything but when you press the brake and the ignition there is nothing. and the key light is on in the dash. Any feed back

thank you,
jay
Old 08-02-2022, 08:49 AM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaymc311
HI everyone.
Ok something weird happend. I drove the car all day it was fine. I went out to eat for an hour came back and the check engine like can one when i started it up. I started driving and it shifted hard into drive. It was then stuck in second gear. I drove it about a mile and pulled into a parking lot and backed in and turned the car off. Now the car will not start. it will turn on and power everything but when you press the brake and the ignition there is nothing. and the key light is on in the dash. Any feed back

thank you,
jay
My 2011 G37X, one day I went to turn it on and the engine would not crank. But all the electronics would turn on. On my dash there was no display for what gear the car was in (should of displayed P) and I had the solid yellow key displayed on the dash.

It was the TCM (transmission control module) for me, very expensive and requires reprogramming, new lower transmission pan gasket and new fluid. I had a place do it that was able to do the job and program it without the dealer. I know most will say steering lock but figured I would let you know as it seems somewhat similar to what happened to mine. Granted I could not drive it so I didn't experience what you describe of it getting stuck in a certain gear.

Hope this is of some use to you, and that you can get this resolved.

Last edited by Krzysztof47; 08-02-2022 at 06:33 PM.