Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There is no song

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 06:06 PM
streetnaturals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no song

I have a 2012 G37x without nav and I can’t seem to play music on my phone anymore. Ever since I used the source button on my steering wheel it got worse connecting to it and then one day just stopped.

Weird thing about this, I’ll be in a phone call of any kind and it will BLUETOOTH stream music inside that call, but doesn’t Bluetooth stream music. But the main point is that I’m trying to plug in my phone to play music instead and that way isn’t working either.

if anyone can figure out either one that would be awesome, had this car for less than a year and it’s already having electrical issues.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:34 PM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts
Yeah, without nav you're not supposed to be able to bluetooth stream music - which is a drag, and mean of Infiniti to limit the system like that. Google maps on my phone works around it by talking to the car "as a phone call".

And the USB direct "aux" playing is also dodgy. I find that with the iPhone I need to start music playing before plugging in the USB cable. Then the car recognizes that it's supposed to be playing audio and usually catches up. Display is often incorrect but at least there is sound.

I'd say start by trying another USB cable first.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:06 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 300 Likes on 237 Posts
Get this sporadically as well, using an iPhone 8. Can’t seem to figure out what causes it, because it happens only about once per week or so. But I’ll continue to play around with it and report back if I figure it out.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:20 PM
jensenotwell
Registered Member

For mine I have to start playing the music before I plug it in. Also even though I use spotify I had to download a random song on the "Music" app that comes on the phone
Old 06-09-2021, 09:53 AM
AScobi64
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
So if you do some searching here on the forums you'll find the only real way to get decent Bluetooth audio in our cars (I have a 2013 G37x w/o nav) is to purchase this little guy.
Amazon Amazon
I bought one and installed it in line with my satellite radio. My phone pairs right up to it every time I fire the car up. Make sure to give it permission in your phone for media audio AND contact sharing. Otherwise it doesn't like to pair automatically. It comes with pretty decent installation instructions and I would say requires some minor mechanical skill.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:47 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by AScobi64
So if you do some searching here on the forums you'll find the only real way to get decent Bluetooth audio in our cars (I have a 2013 G37x w/o nav) is to purchase this little guy.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01019UEFK...88EX1K7J6TCYCX
I bought one and installed it in line with my satellite radio. My phone pairs right up to it every time I fire the car up. Make sure to give it permission in your phone for media audio AND contact sharing. Otherwise it doesn't like to pair automatically. It comes with pretty decent installation instructions and I would say requires some minor mechanical skill.
I've actually had this for a couple years now, and find it doesn't auto connect as often as I'd like. I just turned contact sharing on so it will be sweet if that helps. It always lets me connect manually just takes a few tries sometimes. Audio quality is great and it's definitely what you want for Bluetooth streaming on our cars.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:00 PM
AScobi64
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
I've actually had this for a couple years now, and find it doesn't auto connect as often as I'd like. I just turned contact sharing on so it will be sweet if that helps. It always lets me connect manually just takes a few tries sometimes. Audio quality is great and it's definitely what you want for Bluetooth streaming on our cars.
Yeah they work awesome. I will say with contact sharing enabled sometimes my phone calls connect to the BT45 instead of "My Car" and I have to switch it when answering a phone call. But other than that definitely the route to go.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:14 AM
smokey grey 37
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been using a pos bluetooth transmitter for the radio on my 09 w/o Nav

Decided to get rid of it and purchased
​​​​​​
Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon

just received the adaptor and already the sound quality sounds better. It's 3am and going to make a food run to test out how well it reconnects.

But for ~$100 I find this a better alternative to those who don't want to take apart the dash or fiddle with crap
The following users liked this post:
Krzysztof47 (12-19-2023)
Old 06-14-2021, 07:21 AM
AScobi64
Registered Member

Originally Posted by smokey grey 37

​​​​​​
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DH16FQN...ing=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCL1LL8...ing=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EH2O1W0...ing=UTF8&psc=1

just received the adaptor and already the sound quality sounds better. It's 3am and going to make a food run to test out how well it reconnects.

But for ~$100 I find this a better alternative to those who don't want to take apart the dash or fiddle with crap
Haven't seen that before, seems like a pretty solid alternative to what I posted. If it works well then people could save a few $ with that.

How does it work? Where do you hook it up?
Old 06-15-2021, 09:02 AM
smokey grey 37
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AScobi64
Haven't seen that before, seems like a pretty solid alternative to what I posted. If it works well then people could save a few $ with that.

How does it work? Where do you hook it up?
Works darn good only thing is my oneplus 9 pro has issues were it will disconnect randomly
Connection is fast it's connected to bluetooth less than 30s (my guesstimate)

​​​​​​Basically it all sits inside the center armrest
plug the oem or an aftermarket 30 pin cable to the aux/ipod connection

Connect the other end to a 12v-5v converter (the car doesn't provide enough power(some do though)

Then connect the usb "dongle" ontop of the converter and that's it.

It will blink once it's received power and go solid once connected. There's no "connected" type notification though.

You will know it's connected when the screen stop showing "ipod not connected" and it show random info (android)
The following users liked this post:
Krzysztof47 (12-19-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 08:38 AM
whitegsedan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by smokey grey 37

​​​​​​
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DH16FQN...ing=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCL1LL8...ing=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EH2O1W0...ing=UTF8&psc=1

hello, do you need 1 of these or all 3 to work? I see the first and 3rd link says it is not compatible with the g37s. Second link is a dud. Which one do you have? Any info is greatly appreciated.