G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ark grip cat back + kinetix HFC = quiet??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 11:05 PM
G37stan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ark grip cat back + kinetix HFC = quiet??

hey guys I’m really wondering after all my exhaust set ups I’ve had that with my full cat back and hfc it isn’t loud at all! Like I’m so surprised I thought ark was suppose to be one of the louder ones, plus I have hfc so I really am shocked with how quiet this new exhaust setup is, anyone know what I could do to go alittle louder ? I know I could probably switch to test pipes but is there anything else? Really disappointed in spending almost 2 grand on exhaust and is not very loud at all. Should of went with the shockwave....
Old 12-10-2018, 11:14 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by G37stan
hey guys I’m really wondering after all my exhaust set ups I’ve had that with my full cat back and hfc it isn’t loud at all! Like I’m so surprised I thought ark was suppose to be one of the louder ones, plus I have hfc so I really am shocked with how quiet this new exhaust setup is, anyone know what I could do to go alittle louder ? I know I could probably switch to test pipes but is there anything else? Really disappointed in spending almost 2 grand on exhaust and is not very loud at all. Should of went with the shockwave....
remove the resonators and add a resonated X pipe and youll have basically shockwave.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:54 AM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
I used to have an ARK Grip paired with Z1 HFC. It was decently loud but now I'm running the Motordyne E370 with the same Z1 HFC and it is way louder than the ARK. I mean, I'm not sure if that's a good thing (to my neighbors), but the motordyne sounds way better to me in all ways. The reason I upgraded from the ARK was because just like you, I wanted it louder. Couldn't find a method to make it louder without test pipes ( more rasp ) / making it sound bad so I sold it and bought the motordyne. I don't regret the purchase at all, but my wallet does.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:23 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I think its ark's quality that it focuses more on tone than loudness. I like my ark grip because there is no drone and it only get loud (not overly loud) when I want.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:31 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by main_shoby
I think its ark's quality that it focuses more on tone than loudness. I like my ark grip because there is no drone and it only get loud (not overly loud) when I want.
Yeah Ark is basically perfect for my daily driver. but for my 6mt car I wan't more bite too.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:32 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
? I think my ARK with my Z1's is more than loud enough :/
Old 12-22-2018, 01:26 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
ARK is one of the quieter ones. I would say it goes (loudest at top):

-Meisterschaft
-Motordyne
-Fast Intentions
-ARK

I know there are more but those are the most popular I feel like. My setup is plenty loud, cold starts are brutal lol. Test pipes will help for sure as long as you're not concerned about emissions or anything. Test pipes will create more rasp though. Wrapping my ART pipes with header wrap and DEI high temp spray helped reduce some of my rasp.

Last edited by jpowersjr2; 12-22-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:24 PM
G37stan

I’d maybe think about getting a resonated x pipe but which brand is a good one and that’s loud? Or I could maybe just remove the axle back part of my ark grip and do a louder axle back?
Old 01-04-2019, 04:07 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

IMO I do not like to mix and match exhaust parts. I think they should be the same brand parts throughout. When people start mix and matching that's when I see people complain about unexpected results, rasp, not loud enough, not quiet enough, etc.

I would suggest Motordyne catback and if you can get away with not using HFC's then their ART pipes as well . You could even go with their headers too which are beautiful. I'm biased but many others will agree that it's one of the best sounding and in no way quiet.

Just my .02 cents, cheers!
Old 01-24-2019, 10:27 PM
G37stan

Coming back to an old thread, I know what most of you will say on this but I’ll ask anyways , so the ark cat back with the kinetix hfc isn’t loud enough for me so I said maybe I’d do a different axle back but I didn’t wanna mix match brands so I think I’m just gonna get rid of the mufflers and have pipes welded and keep the tips and keep the mid pipe and the x pipe. I realize I’m cutting into a very nice exhaust but it’s the cheapest way and it will sound good I know someone with the same set up. So my question is how crazy am I to do this?
Old 01-24-2019, 11:31 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Personally, I would never hack up a nice exhaust system. I would leave it as is. What if you don't like the way it sounds after you get rid of the mufflers? IMO save for the one you really want then sell your current exhaust. Or trade your current setup with someone who wants something quieter. If you can get away with no cats get resonated test pipes instead, few options for that as well.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:55 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Coming back to an old thread, I know what most of you will say on this but I’ll ask anyways , so the ark cat back with the kinetix hfc isn’t loud enough for me so I said maybe I’d do a different axle back but I didn’t wanna mix match brands so I think I’m just gonna get rid of the mufflers and have pipes welded and keep the tips and keep the mid pipe and the x pipe. I realize I’m cutting into a very nice exhaust but it’s the cheapest way and it will sound good I know someone with the same set up. So my question is how crazy am I to do this?
I was going to go the same route, but I'm pretty sure that hacking into the ARK exhaust system will either make it more raspier or worsen the exhaust tone. I had the ARK before as stated and I even called ARK up to ask if there were any options to make it louder. They said 2 options, (1) Cut out the resonator or (2) Cut out the mufflers. They stated that doing either will make the exhaust sound worse, but will increase the volume. I do not want a worse sound exhaust just to make it louder, that sounds ricey.

If you want a louder exhaust, I would either (1) get test pipes or (2) sell the ARK for $800-1000 used and buy either the Motordyne, GTHAUS, or even Fast Intentions Non-Resonated. You will most likely regret hacking into your $1400 exhaust system.
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (01-26-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 01:41 AM
G37stan

Well I did it and sounds awesome!! Pretty damn loud probably as loud as a Motordyne exhaust or maybe a hair louder
Old 01-26-2019, 08:22 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Well I did it and sounds awesome!! Pretty damn loud probably as loud as a Motordyne exhaust or maybe a hair louder
Well now you need pictures and video.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:49 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

So you cut into it....?

Quick Reply: Ark grip cat back + kinetix HFC = quiet??