Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CRASHES MY G37 2013 is it possible to fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 12:51 PM
GthangOrNoThang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CRASHES MY G37 2013 is it possible to fix

Hi I’m new to this I’m in need of some information from the G37 family . I was in a serious accident couple days ago on a rainy day I ended up snapping a tree in half but my car still runs I stopped and it dented all of the front I turned it back on after the smoke cleared in the car coolant was everywhere and it drove a couple feet to pull over and I snapped the tree and my bumper was gone and my fog lights also on my back exhaust one side is poping a little out then the other i don’t know if that’s bad here are some pictures , they want to send me a check instead of fixing the car but they can send me a check or I can have the back and fix it my self what should I do and what Possible can be issues and they where offering me 18k ,I’m financing the car I will ow 6k out of my own pocket , they said the damages or way to high to fix what do you guys think , PS it’s a 2013 g37 sedan with 47,340 miles
Old 03-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
To be clear, the insurance wants to total the car and cut you a check for $18k? You'd be $6k out of pocket is because you need $24k to pay off the loan?
Old 03-16-2018, 01:17 PM
GthangOrNoThang

Yes correct

Last edited by GthangOrNoThang; 03-16-2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-16-2018, 01:39 PM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts
Sorry for your loss, hope you and anybody else in the car were uninjured. My advice is to take the check and buy the exact car with the money. Kelly Blue Book value on a used 2013 g37 Journey Sedan in excellent condition with 45k miles is $16-18k.

Take the check, spend it on a replacement, and continue making your car payments on the original loan if that's possible.
The following users liked this post:
tiguy99 (10-11-2019)
Old 03-16-2018, 01:47 PM
GthangOrNoThang

Originally Posted by 13_SkylineSedan
Sorry for your loss, hope you and anybody else in the car were uninjured. My advice is to take the check and buy the exact car with the money. Kelly Blue Book value on a used 2013 g37 Journey Sedan in excellent condition with 45k miles is $16-18k.

Take the check, spend it on a replacement, and continue making your car payments on the original loan if that's possible.
thank you so much . And it was just me and my brother also do you think it’s possible to fix anything that could look like a problem and how much do you think ? Ps thanks for your reply
Old 03-16-2018, 02:02 PM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Yea just buy the same car with the 18k check they are going to give you and you will still be underwater on the loan without any $ coming from your end...just continue the payments as you have been.

Not worth fixing that car, especially since both air bags exploded
tiguy99 (10-11-2019)
Old 03-16-2018, 02:33 PM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
You may be able to supplement that payout a little by selling some of the good parts on here...

Either way, not only are you way upside down on that loan, but the repairs to the car, while theoretically possible, would almost certainly cost even more than that.

But the good news is that $18k is actually a really good offer for your car. You might even be able to upgrade to a newer one for that much.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:00 PM
GthangOrNoThang

Thank you

thank you so much for your guys reply’s means a lot and true true I could just buy another or upgrade , but to be honest i want to fix it I only had it for A year and 6 months it gets to me all the time that car was the best . How much do you guys think in repairs would it be , or what problems
iy could have
Old 03-16-2018, 03:12 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by GthangOrNoThang
thank you so much for your guys reply’s means a lot and true true I could just buy another or upgrade , but to be honest i want to fix it I only had it for A year and 6 months it gets to me all the time that car was the best . How much do you guys think in repairs would it be , or what problems
iy could have
Insurance should have given you a detailed repair estimate in the paperwork they give you.

Its not worth fixing. The airbags are several thousand, you need a new dash, new seatbelts. The fact that your exhaust is pushed back means the engine may have been pushed back as well.

Its impossible to say how much it will cost just from those pictures but it could be over $10k in damage.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:08 PM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I fail to see how fixing this car would be better than buying basically the exact same thing with the insurance money. If you think you're going to save money and no longer be underwater on the car by fixing it for signficantly less than the amount of the insurance payout, it's unlikely, and the risks are significant.

For starters, you may not be able to get a clean title no matter how much you beg. The fact that the bank owns the car leaves you without much negotiating power. Then, there's a chance that the chassis itself is bent, which will make it impossible to really fix. Then, there's a good chance it will cost a lot more than you think and you'll be in the hole worse than you are now.

Just a super rough glance tells me you need a hood, both front fenders, the entire front bumper assembly and cover, a radiator, the entire radiator support structure, probably fluid reservior, probably both airboxes, probably both headlights, (all those plastic parts can have their mounting tabs broken even if they look basically intact) splash shield, upper and lower grills, fog light assemblies, possibly front wheel well liners, two front airbags, maybe dashboard, MAYBE one or both front doors if they got bent from the pushing of the front fender panels. It's possible the engine is pushed back and the mounts are destroyed or anything connected to it bent. The front portion of the engine could be damaged and need a new timing cover and pulleys, and the list goes on. Then you've got to get all that assembled and stuff painted.

Just as an example of how much all that could cost, I happen to know that just the airbags, bumper cover, hood, and two headlights will cost ~$4k in parts all by themselves. You would likely be at $10-12k in parts alone if you buy them new, and worst case it could add up to more than the $24k you owe. If you search junkyards and buy everything on the cheap AND can do all the work yourself including the paint, then sure, maybe it could work out, but then it still may end up not being fixable. AND you'll be without a car until you finish.

When the insurance company totals a car, it's not worth fixing. The only real exception is when it's an old car with little concern for aesthetics and you're willing to live with a bush fix that isn't really repairing all the damage.

If I were you, I'd try to find a similar g37 for less money and let that be your savings, whether you roll the $6k into a new loan or keep the old loan.

Last edited by woofersus; 03-16-2018 at 04:14 PM.
tiguy99 (10-11-2019)
Old 03-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Agree with it 100% being not worth fixing. Find what similar vehicles in your area are selling for and you might be able to get some more out of the insurance company.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:09 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
I am confused with how his finance payments are taken into consideration. He still needs to pay his monthly payment or just pays the bank the remaining amount due?
Old 03-16-2018, 10:55 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by doublea88
I am confused with how his finance payments are taken into consideration. He still needs to pay his monthly payment or just pays the bank the remaining amount due?
Bank dosen't care if its wrecked.. He still owes them money.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:54 AM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Yeah, that car is totaled. Should have had gap insurance. All kidding aside i would try to get more money from insurance company. Maybe, show them some "CarMax" ads of high priced G37's and tell them those prices don't include tax, doc fees, ect.....So, they need to cut you another $2000 to cover those extra cost.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:07 AM
gord27
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
From the looks of the damage, that thing is beyond repair. It looks like your front wheels are pointing different directions, both airbags deployed, etc. No matter what you do, that car will never drive the same again.

So, based on the wheels/tires (plastidip stock rims, bald tires), money is already tight for you. The smart move here is to buy a cheaper car and use the savings from lower payments to pay off the other $6k you owe. Having a G isn't worth that much debt. Once you pay off the debt, sell your cheaper car and get a G again.
tiguy99 (10-11-2019)

Quick Reply: CRASHES MY G37 2013 is it possible to fix