Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CRASHES MY G37 2013 is it possible to fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 09:10 AM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Unfortunately you paid way too much for the car if you still owe 24k. You should have gotten gap insurance because you never know when things like this can happen.

Is the car fixable? Sure. But will it be easy? Not at all.

As was already suggested your best bet is to take what you get from insurance and put it toward your loan then figure out how to take the balance and put it on top of a loan for a new car. The only problem is you will still b3 upside down and owe wa.y more on a loan than a car is worth.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:17 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Yeah, it isn't worth fixing the car. Once the airbags deploy in any car, it pretty much means totaled to the insurance company. I'd take the check and go find a replacement.

Also, you can try negotiating from your insurance for a higher amount if you can find other '13 G37's that are similar in mileage that cost more than $18k. Otherwise, next time, get gap insurance.

If you bought the car for $24k a year and a half ago, you've paid way too much. Negotiate better with the dealer next time.
I got my '13 CPO G37x with Premium and Nav in August 2016 for $21k with 20k miles from an Infiniti dealer. I didn't negotiate that hard and couldn't shop around, since I needed a car for school when some jerk rear ended my 07' G35x and had two weeks to find a replacement.

Also, next time, when your tires are almost bald (which they are judging by the picture- and you're still running OEM tires at 47k miles), replace them. Don't skimp on replacing tires. That probably contributed a lot to your accident in the rain. Those Goodyear RSA tires are trash, and you still being on them when they're almost bald and past their wear indicator bars is begging for an accident to happen. Your tires are worn down so much that there's almost no siping on the edges! You hydroplaned yourself into a tree. I change out my tires before they reach their indicator bars, for safety reasons.

So TLDR:

In the future,
1. Try to find similar cars to yours with a higher asking price and negotiate with your insurance for a higher amount.
2. Get gap insurance.
3. Negotiate better with the dealer so you don't owe that much on a loan on a different car.
4. (This is the most important) REPLACE YOUR TIRES to prevent things like this from happening. You could've easily gotten yourself or someone else injured or killed. I can't stress this enough. Safety is important.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 03-17-2018 at 03:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tiguy99 (10-11-2019)
Old 03-26-2018, 04:14 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
That car is totaled! Frmae damage just by looking at the pic...that was a really hard hit. No sense in fixing that! plus airbags blew///dash and bags are 4-6K alone!! I seen less damage at my workplace, and the car gets totaled. I work at a body shop. Parts for our car cars are crazy expensive! That's why it totales out so easy. and this is major damage, and garuntee you will find more damage once you tear it down. Better to use the money pick up another G! Good Luck!
Old 03-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Michael_in_DE
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
You would have to be an experienced mechanic with easy cheap access to replacement parts. BUT if you WERE an experienced mechanic, you would know that you would never fix this car. This car is a dime-a-dozen car. There are a lot of them out there. Find another one, and buy it with the 18k. And for gods sake shop around, and take someone with you this time. You got HOSED on this car, don't get hosed again.
tiguy99 (10-11-2019)
Old 04-02-2018, 07:28 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Yeah, it isn't worth fixing the car. Once the airbags deploy in any car, it pretty much means totaled to the insurance company. I'd take the check and go find a replacement.

Also, you can try negotiating from your insurance for a higher amount if you can find other '13 G37's that are similar in mileage that cost more than $18k. Otherwise, next time, get gap insurance.

If you bought the car for $24k a year and a half ago, you've paid way too much. Negotiate better with the dealer next time.
I got my '13 CPO G37x with Premium and Nav in August 2016 for $21k with 20k miles from an Infiniti dealer. I didn't negotiate that hard and couldn't shop around, since I needed a car for school when some jerk rear ended my 07' G35x and had two weeks to find a replacement.

Also, next time, when your tires are almost bald (which they are judging by the picture- and you're still running OEM tires at 47k miles), replace them. Don't skimp on replacing tires. That probably contributed a lot to your accident in the rain. Those Goodyear RSA tires are trash, and you still being on them when they're almost bald and past their wear indicator bars is begging for an accident to happen. Your tires are worn down so much that there's almost no siping on the edges! You hydroplaned yourself into a tree. I change out my tires before they reach their indicator bars, for safety reasons.

So TLDR:

In the future,
1. Try to find similar cars to yours with a higher asking price and negotiate with your insurance for a higher amount.
2. Get gap insurance.
3. Negotiate better with the dealer so you don't owe that much on a loan on a different car.
4. (This is the most important) REPLACE YOUR TIRES to prevent things like this from happening. You could've easily gotten yourself or someone else injured or killed. I can't stress this enough. Safety is important.
Very good advice
Old 04-02-2018, 08:05 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Bald worn tires. heavy rain, excessive speed =hydroplaning into an accident totaling the vehicle.
No gap insurance, over your head in payments, over paying for the vehicle and too cheap to pay for new tires.
You and your brother are lucky to still be alive.

Find a cheaper Honda until you are in better financial shape and pay off the vehicle.

Telcoman
Blk076MT (04-04-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Curtis Roberts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I missing something here??

OP said he still owes 24k on his car and he’s has been paying for a year and a half. Low estimate he has paid 4K in payments. My question is does he mean with the full finance charges that he still owes 24k?? That makes more sense. Payoff can’t be more than 12-14k. Maybe he still owes 24k stretching it out over the full loan term. If he doesn’t mean that then he way overpaid for that G! 😨
Old 06-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Curtis Roberts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KBB in EXCELLENT condition

Only lists it at 15k trade in and 18k private party! He HAS to mean with finance charges. Yeah take that 18k check like the guys suggested and buy another one and continue making payments because owing 24k on a G has got to be the nastiest negative equity I have ever witnessed 😰
Old 06-14-2018, 08:44 AM
Rich11G37xS
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
your G will never be the same again, when you go to sell or trade, that accident will kill your resale, take the loss, take the check find another G..glad your ok
tiguy99 (10-11-2019)