G37 Sedan

My biggest complaint about my G after a few months of ownership

Old 06-30-2018, 07:45 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Yeah this car has a lot of nannies imho. My old bmw allowed me to use recirc when not using the a/c, this car automatically goes to outside air. Drives me crazy. I almost bought a IS 350, don't know if this has this issue. I know BMWs don't.

I also miss the passenger mirror going down. Sometimes I just lower the passenger mirror down myself, but when I start driving again, it won't let me return the mirror by the memory seat unless I am stopped. BMW didn't care, you probably could have pressed a memory seat and have it shove you 6 inches closer while driving
Old 06-30-2018, 08:21 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Curtis Roberts
This is an issue for me as well. My son is 7 and autistic. If I forget to lock the button he has his down. Then it becomes a struggle where I unlock it to put his up and he is holding down his button and it goes down even more. This ends with me having to stop the car and hold his hands while I unlock the windows put his up and then relict them. It’s a small issue to me. My wife’s Terrain if the driver locks the windows they can still operate the rest of them.

The other complaint is his convenience light. He turns it on and I forget to check it and he killed my battery. It was an excuse to get a new Exide 24F though and then I just popped that one bulb out.

hey try this, give you son something to hold on or a fidget toy to play with while in the car and see if that works, that's what we do with the kids i work with when they go home in the van.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:59 AM
General Grim
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
That window lock issue you guys mentioned never really bothered because I rarely have the need to use the lock. What bugs me most about the G is the Passenger Airbag being deactivated. I read somewhere that it was a sensor issue but it is very unsettling seeing the Airbag Light Off turned on for a good while when I have a passenger. You can never be too careful and need all the safety equipment in an event of an accident.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:06 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Every car I’ve owned behaves like the G in terms of Window Lock...
*Voice of movie trailer guy* - "Plot twist...He's only ever owned G cars" lol

Search this Thread