G37 Sedan

New to the forums 2012 g37x sedan smoky quartz

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 12:16 PM
Furqan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the forums 2012 g37x sedan smoky quartz

Hey so I just bought a new g it's a 2012 7at g37x sedan with 110k on the odo. Bought it from auction so got it dirt cheap but of course it had a couple problems.. so far I've detailed the interior and washed outside as best as possible. So far pleased with the car its pretty nice.

Anyway so far, washed/detailed, new eagle ls2 tires all round, oil/fluids changed, tried burping the coolant system (not too successful yet), had to change a downstream o2 sensor(difficult but I got it done in like 30min so relatively easy), throttle body cleaning, and maf sensors cleaning, new air filters..

I plan on claying and waxing tomorrow since it's gonna rain tonight, and then I need some minor repairs here and there, then I'm gonna wrap my grill but leave the emblem(which is missing btw lol), then wrap the interior trim, and wrap my window trim maybe, and def wrapping my mirrors. I want to get my journey wheels done gunmetal eventually ..

So when i get to my computer gonna post some pics of the somewhat rare color which tbh I was scared it was gonna be old man gold but no it's pretty nice paint 😂

Btw paddle shifters and grounding kit on the way to make that 7at more interesting
Old 11-18-2017, 12:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice intro there^^^
Welcome to the site.
Do you have a no-spill funnel kit? Makes the coolant changing a snap
https://www.ebay.com/i/222328859598?chn=ps&dispctrl=1
Old 11-22-2017, 04:38 AM
Junglejack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!
I too just last Friday purchased a 2012 G37x Sedan with 85,000 miles. I thought about going on the auction route and have a Tennessee dealer's license (never used, just wanted to be able to go to auctions), but the private party listing in Atlanta was priced a smidge below black book, one owner, Georgia owned throughout, and aside from needing to have paintless dent repair preformed on a small dent near the R/R wheel arch, the car is in solid condition and they even had just purchased new tires and brakes.

My biggest gripe is that it is Moonlight White over Wheat. Had it been the Black interior ,I would be much happier. I am going to have Huper Optik nano ceramic tint put on next week as the stuff is amazing.
Hope that your car brings you many years of entertainment and it sounds like you stole it!
Best,
Jack
Old 11-30-2017, 12:13 PM
airanp
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2011 G37 Journey that is the same color. It is amazing because it seems to look different in different light. I wasn't sure about it at first but I don't see many around with the same paint. I have real dark tinted windows so it makes the color pop. It is stock and have had it about 2.5 year and am looking at modding it now. I want to put springs and
sway bars on it, a CAI, and then possibly a good tune and I will probably be satisfied.