G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 04:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I'm sure, I wouldn't have loved the hit to my wallet though
Yes-s-s-s, but... did Volkswagon gift you that new car? That was very generous of them.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Yes-s-s-s, but... did Volkswagon gift you that new car? That was very generous of them.
Good point, but I didn’t necessarily want to invest more into a diminishing asset. You’ve got far more invested into modding your car than me, and you drive like 3k a year. I’d have made a different decision if I was in a similar position.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:11 AM
obsidiansamurai
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
all in all, there will be compromises with most vehicle decisions. it's early days yet but the G70 is certainly impressing me. the car gets looks everywhere it goes, which is likely due in part to it being a new model so it stands out from the vanilla BMW/MB/Audi offerings that are a dime a dozen and almost always in black/silver/white. 5 years free maintenance and a bunch of other perks doesn't hurt.
Thanks for the write-up. Sounds like you're pretty pleased with your purchase. The couple of G70's I've seen around have caught my eye immediately - they look fantastic, especially in that color.

I'm assuming the 2.0T and 3.3T will gain a lot of aftermarket support. Got any mods planned? You gunna slap a phat BOV on that bad boi?
Old 08-30-2018, 03:15 PM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
write up was great @lego_manic. My friend's gti problems after $50K made me seriously reconsider getting a gti or R after my G but you write up gave me a little more comfort. I realize his situation could be an anomaly, but still something to think about.

I was looking at used cars for shyts and giggles, and noticed the maserati's price seriously depreciates. Sad, that car used to make my head turn before they mass produced the ghibli.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:09 PM
monstur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just ended up getting a 2015 q50 after the sedan got totaled
Old 09-09-2018, 10:39 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Picked up Jigawatt yesterday morning. Only put 30 miles on it, and had one supercharger session. Dropping it off at the detailer today so they can start first thing tomorrow with tint/XPEL Stealth/wheel powdercoat satin black. Should have it back in a few days.

I can't even begin to tell you how stupid fast this car is. I have been losing sleep for weeks worrying about build/paint quality, but in my case, the car is great. I put up some pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/MzoZgVA

Pikachu makes it charge even faster.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Sure is a beauty.
The following users liked this post:
RMB5190 (09-10-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 05:29 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
The Genesis G70 should be coming to dealerships soon it looks like. Specs and features look good to me, and its a pretty good looking car as well. Will go check one out, i think it could be a good replacement for my car.
(and yes i know, no manual! that's why I have the s2000 )
Old 09-09-2018, 11:04 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
I guess my "replacement" was just another newer G with a six speed .
Old 09-10-2018, 08:24 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Sure is a beauty.
THANKS Rochester! I was so happy that I didn’t notice any issues with the paint or body work. Dropped it off yesterday for full XPEL Stealth, tint and satin black powdercoat for the wheels. Hoping to get it back Thursday. I’ll post updated pics of course.

Already took a few friends on test rides and the reactions from the acceleration are pretty amusing. If you ever get a chance to drive/ride in a performance model, don’t hesitate.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by TheLocNar
Already took a few friends on test rides and the reactions from the acceleration are pretty amusing. If you ever get a chance to drive/ride in a performance model, don’t hesitate.
I'm sure it's lots of fun. While I've not been in the new Model 3, my buddy actually has a Model S P100d that I've driven a few times. The straight-line performance of that full-sized sedan is insane. It's the kind of thing that can make you dizzy if you're not used to it.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:13 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I think I have finally decided that my next car will probably be the latest M3. A 6spd. with cloth seats, adaptive suspension, Harmon Kardon stereo, Carbon fiber roof, and a fold down rear seat would be perfect. I have found a number of them in white, but would prefer black or this special order dark blue (below) which is very similar to my last M3. Unfortunately, they are easier to find with leather, so I may have to get one of those and put suede inserts in them so they are not so hot in summer and cold in winter. Now the only problem is when to do it. I still really like the G37S. The only problem is that 400 hp is not so fast anymore. Especially since you can do a tune and a couple of bolt on's on the M3 and be close to 600 hp!?!

I still think the ATS-V is a close runner up, but the interior is just not as nice and the styling outside is definitely not as good looking. Maybe that is why there are not many of them out there on the used car market compared to M3's.

chuckie2000 (09-29-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 08:36 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

I'm sure it's lots of fun. While I've not been in the new Model 3, my buddy actually has a Model S P100d that I've driven a few times. The straight-line performance of that full-sized sedan is insane. It's the kind of thing that can make you dizzy if you're not used to it.
ive has plenty of time behind the wheel of a P100D as well. Honestly, the Model 3 Performance is way more fun. It’s smaller and much more nimble. Really looking forward to the new track mode software that should be coming soon.

Paid the car a visit yesterday at the shop. They were finishing up the XPEL Stealth wrap and tint. The wheels should be done today and I’ll pick up tomorrow. So psyched.

Last edited by TheLocNar; 09-12-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:48 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I think I have finally decided that my next car will probably be the latest M3. A 6spd. with cloth seats, adaptive suspension, Harmon Kardon stereo, Carbon fiber roof, and a fold down rear seat would be perfect. I have found a number of them in white, but would prefer black or this special order dark blue (below) which is very similar to my last M3. Unfortunately, they are easier to find with leather, so I may have to get one of those and put suede inserts in them so they are not so hot in summer and cold in winter. Now the only problem is when to do it. I still really like the G37S. The only problem is that 400 hp is not so fast anymore. Especially since you can do a tune and a couple of bolt on's on the M3 and be close to 600 hp!?!

I still think the ATS-V is a close runner up, but the interior is just not as nice and the styling outside is definitely not as good looking. Maybe that is why there are not many of them out there on the used car market compared to M3's.
Very sharp. Congrats!!!
Old 09-12-2018, 08:50 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

SupraOfDoom (09-12-2018)

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?