Sponsored by:

Infiniti Enhanced Warranty Letter

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 03:05 PM
atlg37ss
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
wtf? they charge you if there is no problem? that's idiotic. I have the evap CEL on right now, I was going to bring it in to the dealer and have them look at it. I guess i'll call and see if my dealer has those same rules.
May I ask what code is your car throwing?
Old 07-23-2017, 09:03 AM
FCmaniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the letter a few days ago too. I've experienced the pump shutoff issue once. It's ridiculous that they would charge us if the car fails their test.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:16 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by carguy95
Maybe the lady I spoke to was having a bad day or something, but that's what it sounds like. I might swing by tomorrow and speak with someone higher up, but mine is not throwing a CEL like yours.
I checked on this, and it's illegal for the dealer to try to charge since this is supposed to be a warranty service.

Originally Posted by atlg37ss
May I ask what code is your car throwing?
I went to go check, and apparently I forgot to write it down... so i'll scan it again later and let you know. It was EVAP something and it came on when I filled the gas tank.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:05 PM
carguy95

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I checked on this, and it's illegal for the dealer to try to charge since this is supposed to be a warranty service.

I went to go check, and apparently I forgot to write it down... so i'll scan it again later and let you know. It was EVAP something and it came on when I filled the gas tank.
You are correct. The lady on the phone was (no surprise) wrong. I spoke with a service dept manager yesterday while I was there and he said they will do the test for free. It is called a "smoke" test and apparently it determines if any part of the emissions tube is clogged (or something like that). I am going back on Friday to have mine checked, and if need be, replaced. As I said earlier, the manager said the car must have 1/4 tank of fuel in order to even attempt the test. Glad your CEL went away, it is strange though that I have no CEL but I have had symptoms of this issue
Old 08-11-2017, 07:08 PM
riba89

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to 2 dealerships and they both want to charge me $150 if the problem is not this. I told them it's Illegal but they said what law lol since it's not a recal?!?
Old 08-11-2017, 08:48 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
^ call corporate