G37 Sedan

New G37S owner looking for maintenance advise

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 02:23 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I had project Mu ns400 brake pads and worked great for daily driving and stopping capability. Also replaced my rotors with stoptech slotted
Old 06-16-2017, 08:51 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Luky
Thanks for this. I will try to contact them and see but I am not sure if that is a real store or they just place orders to drop ship parts from other places (they don't list an address, only a phone). I did find this: Infinitipartszone.com Rated 1/5 stars by 1 Consumers - infinitipartszone.com Consumer Reviews at ResellerRatings

I also found the same part number listed on parts.com for $113 each, which is a similar type site, but the reviews make that website seem pretty sketchy too.
Like I mentioned earlier, that discountinfinitiparts.com is legit, they are a brick&mortar dealership in Atlanta, maybe they can confirm if they are the wheel that you currently have. And yeah, that parts.com is one that seems hit or miss
Old 06-16-2017, 08:14 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Here's some Gorilla OEM lug nuts in black chrome , it's part # 73128TBC on this page~
Gorilla Automotive Products
And looks like you can get it here, although no quantity is listed~
Amazon Amazon

Individual nuts~
https://autoplicity.com/8766295-gori...oyota-nut-blck

Last edited by blnewt; 06-16-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:36 PM
jpkelly
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Here's another link, they look to be the "duckfeet" like you have. Might see if they could send you a pic just to be sure.
https://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/pa...300-1nh9k.html
These are $120 each!?!?!? Mine are starting to show some wear but geez, I could just replace them for this price instead of getting them fixed/rechromed!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:42 PM
jpkelly
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just to chime in quickly on the wheels clearing the brakes thing - I have a G37S Sedan (6MT) with the Enkei duckfeet wheels like listed above and when I went to get snow tires put on I actually had them order a stock set of wheels with snows but the stock G37 wheels would not clear my brakes so I had to fit the snows on the duckfeet wheels due to the calipers, so it is definitely worth checking.

That said, for tires, Hankooks are a beast on these things. Had them on my Crossfire, have them on now. Love Love Love them for the grip, longevity, and price point. Welcome! I think you'll find that the BMW and Infiniti worlds aren't so different.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:27 PM
Luky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was looking for another pair of the rear duckfeet rims, but cheapest I am seeing is about $420 shipped for two "refurbished/repainted" wheels. This made me start looking at inexpensive options for new wheels... I am now thinking about a set of Motegi MR131 traklite wheels 18x9 35ET in silver or satin black. Looks like they would be under 20lbs per wheel and should be fine with 255/45-18 Hankooks. $612 for a set of four wheel shipped on ebay or wheelsforless.com

Just not sure how to tell if these will clear the calipers...

Motegi Racing MR131 MR13189012435 18X9 35mm Offset 5x114.30 Silver Set of 4 Rims | eBay

They are forged centers with flow formed outer and welded together. Looks like a good combination for weight and strength and these are much lower cost than full forged wheels. Good article on their fabrication. 350Z Motegi Trak Lite Wheels Review with Nitto NT01 Tires

I would imagine selling my current wheels would cover a good chunk of the cost for the traklites and be about the same out of pocket as buying two more duckfeet.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:05 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I like the Motegi as a replacement, I am looking at wheels rn. I wouldn't mind getting something that it lighter, perhaps getting 18x8 or 18x8,5, under 20lbs. Sadly I still have my 16x7 BBS from my Bmw, I should put them on letgo, so I can get them gone.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

The Konigs are under 20 lbs, again, will they clear the brakes??? Discount Tire is a vendor for these. Have some good assortment of offsets & widths in 18s
Milligram - Konig Wheels
They have other lightweight options in the flowformed section here~
Flow Formed Wheels - Konig Wheels

As far as caliper clearance, these templates can be sent to vendors if they can't verify~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...templates.html
Old 06-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Luky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Konig milligrams look OK, kind of like an OZ superleggerra (sp?), but are about $240 vs $155 for the traklites. Also I prefer a 5 spoke design as they are much easier to clean brake dust off of (which is a regular problem for me). Stock BMWs pads are notorious for black brake dust so I look for simple to clean wheels so they will look good for a long time. (Easier to clean means they are cleaned more often and don't get eaten up from built up brake dust). Everyone has their own likes...

I should note that expensive wheels and suspension work mean nothing to the insurance company. I had $2600 in suspension upgrades to my 535i and they gave me squat for it. So inexpensive wheels with better tires and maybe a sway bar swap I can do myself will be it for this one...

Thanks for the templates.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:34 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
The Nissan Altima SE-R has 18x8 forged wheels. I have seen them around 600 for a set, but I am told that they can't clear the calipers. You can always get a set of rays 19" from a G35, I think they are around 21 lbs. If you are patient, you might find some good set for 150-200 a wheel. I like the Nissan/Infiniti wheels since they fit like a glove. Mitsubishi and Subaru have the same patterns, but the hubs aren't exact. I believe the Mitsubishi has a 1mm larger hub, which wouldn't be bad. They have some very light wheels on the Evo's but they are hard to get for less than 1k a set. Not sure if they would fit, possibly ones with a 35mm offset would.