G37 Sedan

A slightly different 09 -> 10 front end conversion

Old 09-16-2016, 07:39 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
A slightly different 09 -> 10 front end conversion

Hey guys and gals,

I went into lurker status a year or so ago since work got really busy and I got married, but finally had a little free time to start working on the G again so I did a thing. I'll post pictures of it as it happens over the next few weeks but here's what's going on. I'm swapping out the front of my 09 sedan to the 10 since I drove my car into my garage (not even gonna try to blame it on anyone else cause it was definitely my own fault). Damage was minimal but it gave me enough of an excuse to start things off.

Here's the slightly different part though. I'm having a local shop custom make a new front bumper for the 10 for me which will entail splicing 2 different bumpers together so that the bottom half will be from another car which in my opinion has a slightly more aggressive front end (sorry not telling till the build pictures come out and y'all will be able to figure it out)

On top of this I'm having the new 10 headlights I bought painted and whatnot and figured why not the tails too right?!

Then that should hold me over for a short while before diffuser and exhaust bug comes-a-itchin.

Now I had a question for all you G gurus in the meantime. I bought my headlights and bumper cover and grill. Since the bottom half is going to be a completely different bumper I'm not going to need the lower grills, but what else will I need for just the top half to fit? A grill nut? (keep seeing it on the parts sites and don't know what it does) probably a new foam absorber right?...maybe? Any of those other smaller things that I'm definitely looking over?

Thanks in advance!

Good to be back.
-SunnyD
Old 09-16-2016, 08:57 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Glad to see you touching base, sorry to hear of your garage debacle, but hopefully your G will be back better than ever., Might contact Purist, he's been doing some custom body stuff & may have some ideas. Look forward to seeing how this turns out. BTW what wheels are you going with?
Old 09-16-2016, 09:04 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I still have my 20x9.5 square set up of ace alloys convex series in gunmetal. Given they have a little more road rash so I'll either get them repainted or just go with something different. Want the next step to be diffuser and exhaust though before that.

And thanks I'll reach out soon and see!