G37 Sedan

2010 G37 Fail Safe Mode, Reverse Camera, TCM

Old 08-11-2016, 04:47 PM
tkhan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 G37 Fail Safe Mode, Reverse Camera, TCM

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, but I have read a lot of posts previously, and I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction to help resolve the many issues I have with my car. I will try not to make it too wordy..

Fail Safe Mode issue:

After driving for about 2 to 2.5 hours, the RPM drops and the car will only accelerate slowly. Even if I floor the pedal, the car barely accelerates. I am thinking its a temperature issue, because it happened last summer and this summer. It was fine during the winter. I took it to the dealership, and they said no codes had shown up during their diagnosis, and basically did nothing for me.

Reverse Camera / TCM

Another issue that started a few months back was my backup camera and light stopped working. I took it to the dealership, and paid another $140 for them to do a diagnosis. They told me I needed to replace the TCM (transmission control module), which is more than a $2,000 job.

I drive my car a lot. It’s a 2010 G37X with 139k miles.
Has anyone encountered any of these issues before? I am tired of going to the dealership and coming up short, it seems like they just like taking my money for these stupid diagnostic tests.

If anyone has any insight into this issue, PLEASE help me!!

Thank you in advance,
-TK
Old 08-11-2016, 11:24 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by tkhan
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, but I have read a lot of posts previously, and I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction to help resolve the many issues I have with my car. I will try not to make it too wordy..

Fail Safe Mode issue:

After driving for about 2 to 2.5 hours, the RPM drops and the car will only accelerate slowly. Even if I floor the pedal, the car barely accelerates. I am thinking its a temperature issue, because it happened last summer and this summer. It was fine during the winter. I took it to the dealership, and they said no codes had shown up during their diagnosis, and basically did nothing for me.

Reverse Camera / TCM

Another issue that started a few months back was my backup camera and light stopped working. I took it to the dealership, and paid another $140 for them to do a diagnosis. They told me I needed to replace the TCM (transmission control module), which is more than a $2,000 job.

I drive my car a lot. It’s a 2010 G37X with 139k miles.
Has anyone encountered any of these issues before? I am tired of going to the dealership and coming up short, it seems like they just like taking my money for these stupid diagnostic tests.

If anyone has any insight into this issue, PLEASE help me!!

Thank you in advance,
-TK
I work at a dealership.

I recommend you to go to autozone to get your codes read. They will even print out the code and give you the paper with the code, description, and possible trouble areas and parts that "may" fix the issue.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:12 AM
tkhan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took it to the Infiniti dealership, and they they said there were not codes to be read. They checked, and basically told me they couldn't recreate the issue, and there was nothing showing when they checked for codes.