G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 02:10 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Well it started today after being shipped to me with no additional charge and it was about 40 degrees out. I won't be using it much when cold.
cool man. How much was this and where would you reccomend purchase??
Old 03-08-2020, 04:37 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 234 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
cool man. How much was this and where would you reccomend purchase??
I haven't had it a long time but I've heard good things. Odyssey did an episode on Jay Leno's Garage (YT), they seem to know their stuff and be a leader for this type of battery. My initial impressions are great, and I bought their battery tender too.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:13 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Swift spring upgrade

The following users liked this post:
SupraOfDoom (03-09-2020)
Old 03-09-2020, 09:14 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Swifts <3.
PNW_IPL (03-10-2020)
Old 03-09-2020, 10:13 PM
steveng37
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Hopping on the swifts chat. Received some lightly used feal 441 coilovers with swift spring upgrade in the mail today.
PNW_IPL (03-10-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 12:45 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

I don't know too much about FEAL outside a few members rocking them. Generally considered good stuff?
The following 2 users liked this post by SupraOfDoom:
PNW_IPL (03-10-2020), steveng37 (03-10-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 12:46 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

I don't know too much about FEAL outside a few members rocking them. Generally considered good stuff?
yes, definitely good stuff
steveng37 (03-10-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 02:55 PM
jfridge92
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Tackled this today....if you know, you know.

Honestly, the demon bolts were the easiest of the three to get off! One of them broke off, and the other came right out. Granted, I've been soaking the bolts in PB Blaster consistently for the past 5 days or so. The bolt that you have to access somewhat through the wheel well (the one that's threaded to the stud on the cats) gave me the most trouble. Not a lot of room to work in there at all, but I finally got them out! Only took me about 30 minutes to get both cats off and the y-pipe.

My driver's side cat was rattling, so I took the opportunity to upgrade to some Z1 HFC's and a megan racing y pipe. I was going to go with a motordyne XYZ y pipe, but I got a killer deal on the megan pipe ($89 on Ebay) so I snagged it. I know it won't really give the best tone, but I'm still stock from the y-pipe back, so if I do choose to upgrade down the road, a better catback may solve any issues.

For those of you that are running z1 cats, did you get rasp upon install? I know they'll probably need a bit to break in, but is the rasp just due to the fact that they are a 100 cell vs. tighter cell of the OEM cats, combined with the different diameters between the Y-pipe and the midpipe/mufflers now?

Also, any recommendations for a decent midpipe that can be purchased on it's own for the sedan? I'm eying the Tanabe medallion axle back as I don't really want a ton more volume, just more sound, or a top speed Y-back if they're ever back in stock. I'm making the choice not to spend the extra money on a fast intentions or motordyne catback just for budget's sake. My little one takes more priority, so any upgrades to the G do get done on a strict budget.

Also, any suggestions on where you all have sold off your OEM cats? I know scrap prices on converters is pretty good, so any suggestions to reputable sites you've used? I'd put them for sale on here, but with the driver's side cat rattling, I don't really want someone to think they're buying a good cat to solve the same issue on their car.

Thanks guys!
SupraOfDoom (03-10-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 03:12 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 725 Likes on 563 Posts
Originally Posted by jfridge92
I've been soaking the bolts in PB Blaster consistently for the past 5 days or so.

Thanks guys!
I'm so proud of people who listen. If you wouldnt have done that you'd have been there longer.

Great job!
Old 03-10-2020, 03:16 PM
jfridge92
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by BULL
I'm so proud of people who listen. If you wouldnt have done that you'd have been there longer.

Great job!
I'm definitely the type to research the heck out of a job before I attempt it lol. The fact that they're called "demon bolts" in the first place told me all I needed to know haha! This was much easier than my "weekend project" which was replacing the timing chain and guides on my wife's car. Points to me because it didn't grenade itself when I started it back up lol!
Old 03-10-2020, 03:19 PM
BULL
Moderador

I'm definitely the type to research the heck out of a job before I attempt it lol. The fact that they're called "demon bolts" in the first place told me all I needed to know haha! This was much easier than my "weekend project" which was replacing the timing chain and guides on my wife's car. Points to me because it didn't grenade itself when I started it back up lol!
Rule one of dealing with Nissan/Infiniti is expect it to be tight or to break off.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:40 PM
OldG2NewG
Registered Member

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Primed and ready for paint.
115 invested so far, probably gonna top out at 170ish after paint and 2k clear. I paint myself so that cut costs dramatically
Old 03-10-2020, 06:44 PM
steveng37
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
While there arent many reviews here on the forum, I heard many great things about them from others, including@Mattlorentzoe . Since I'm AWD, my options are limited. I was told these dont have any rattles or clunks like BC for example, and with the swifts upgrade it maintains a nice ride quality.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:36 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Tackled this today....if you know, you know.

Honestly, the demon bolts were the easiest of the three to get off! One of them broke off, and the other came right out. Granted, I've been soaking the bolts in PB Blaster consistently for the past 5 days or so. The bolt that you have to access somewhat through the wheel well (the one that's threaded to the stud on the cats) gave me the most trouble. Not a lot of room to work in there at all, but I finally got them out! Only took me about 30 minutes to get both cats off and the y-pipe.

My driver's side cat was rattling, so I took the opportunity to upgrade to some Z1 HFC's and a megan racing y pipe. I was going to go with a motordyne XYZ y pipe, but I got a killer deal on the megan pipe ($89 on Ebay) so I snagged it. I know it won't really give the best tone, but I'm still stock from the y-pipe back, so if I do choose to upgrade down the road, a better catback may solve any issues.

For those of you that are running z1 cats, did you get rasp upon install? I know they'll probably need a bit to break in, but is the rasp just due to the fact that they are a 100 cell vs. tighter cell of the OEM cats, combined with the different diameters between the Y-pipe and the midpipe/mufflers now?

Also, any recommendations for a decent midpipe that can be purchased on it's own for the sedan? I'm eying the Tanabe medallion axle back as I don't really want a ton more volume, just more sound, or a top speed Y-back if they're ever back in stock. I'm making the choice not to spend the extra money on a fast intentions or motordyne catback just for budget's sake. My little one takes more priority, so any upgrades to the G do get done on a strict budget.

Also, any suggestions on where you all have sold off your OEM cats? I know scrap prices on converters is pretty good, so any suggestions to reputable sites you've used? I'd put them for sale on here, but with the driver's side cat rattling, I don't really want someone to think they're buying a good cat to solve the same issue on their car.

Thanks guys!
Congrats on conquering the demon bolts!

I had the same issue with the Berk HFC's... too much unwanted rasp... even when I only had them paired with my Tanabe axle back. After trying many different exhaust set-ups I ended up removing the Berk HFC's and reinstalling the the OEM cats. Now I'm just running a Tanabe Y-Pipe and Tanabe axle back and am pretty happy with it. Could use a little more volume, but there is virtually no rasp or drone. If you don't want to induce anymore rasp or drone then I would suggest keeping the OEM mid-pipe and resonators and just adding a Tanabe Y-pipe along with the Tanabe Axle back.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:30 AM
BULL
Moderador

Originally Posted by OldG2NewG
Starting prepping my sport bumper for paint
But this is a Journey bumper.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?