Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 10:57 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Finally got my front switchback DRLs wired in, they look pretty good.

Also installed these GTR competition paddles. They are nice and feel better than the OEM ones, but they hit the back of the wheel when you shift. It needs another 1mm of clearance. I'll have to fix that somehow.

Old 06-03-2017, 12:16 AM
G_Luv

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
How much was just parts and shipping?
the prices fluctuate on the aftermarket OEM sites, but I bought everything with parts & shipping for just about 2k even. That being said when I checked a week earlier and it was closer to $2200. You just need to watch the parts and jump on it when the prices are down a bit. I also know a guy who did the install for me for $300. So when it was all said and done it was $2300. A lot, but I'm happy with the results. You'll never find a trim kit or vinyl wrap that comes close to the real thing.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:33 AM
jdog78
Registered Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
I installed a Stillen Grounding Kit yesterday... Gas pedal and transmission are much more responsive.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by G_Luv
the prices fluctuate on the aftermarket OEM sites, but I bought everything with parts & shipping for just about 2k even. That being said when I checked a week earlier and it was closer to $2200. You just need to watch the parts and jump on it when the prices are down a bit. I also know a guy who did the install for me for $300. So when it was all said and done it was $2300. A lot, but I'm happy with the results. You'll never find a trim kit or vinyl wrap that comes close to the real thing.
So you spent $2300 for the interior trim pieces and installation????
Old 06-03-2017, 11:42 AM
G_Luv

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Rash purchase? Yes. Ill-advised? Yes. Do I care? No.

I'm sure folks here have spent far more on various exterior mods. At least I get to enjoy the wood trim while I am driving. Hard to admire a spoiler or new exhaust system while sitting in the drivers seat...
Old 06-03-2017, 11:42 AM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
It would have been cheaper to fly me out from CA, We could have Vinyl wrapped them. Then met up with DFS and had beers.
They do look real nice,Just not $2300 nice.

The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,430 Posts
Hard to admire a spoiler or new exhaust system while sitting in the drivers seat...
Exhaust System? LOL A good exhaust is something to appreciate from the driver's seat every moment the car is running.

Anyway, you go ahead and do whatever you want with your car and your money. And by all means, defend your automotive values against accusations of questionable priorities. It's what we do here. Seriously, we all do it, all the time.

And you know what? I give you props for declaring you dropped over $2000 on OEM wood trim for the dash, because I'd be way too self-conscious to share that.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:05 PM
G_Luv

Originally Posted by Rochester
And you know what? I give you props for declaring you dropped over $2000 on OEM wood trim for the dash, because I'd be way too self-conscious to share that.
Yeah, learned a long time ago to not care what other people think, particularly when it comes to faceless internet handles. Life is too short.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Listen it is your car and as long as you are happy thats all that matters!

I was just trying to wrap my head around it is all. Why did you not buy used or look to see if someone wanted to trade trims pieces? Ive seen a ton of used wood trim on Ebay for a fraction of what you paid.

As Rochester mentioned, I hear/feel my exhaust every time I drive my car
Old 06-03-2017, 01:37 PM
G_Luv

Listen it is your car and as long as you are happy thats all that matters!

I was just trying to wrap my head around it is all. Why did you not buy used or look to see if someone wanted to trade trims pieces? Ive seen a ton of used wood trim on Ebay for a fraction of what you paid.

As Rochester mentioned, I hear/feel my exhaust every time I drive my car
yeah, exhaust was a bad example. Point is people here are dropping 100s or 1000s on new rims, LED interior/exterior lighting, vinyl wraps and plasti dips. But somehow you zeroed in on my decision to upgrade the interior. I drive in the car every day, so I get to enjoy the wood all the time.

i did check eBay and the forum for trading partners for a few weeks, but I eventually grew impatient. I also was skeptical about buying used trim piecemeal. Depending on whether or not pieces came from different sources with different owners who care for heir cars differently, there would likely be problems getting everything to match. For instance what if someone sells a piece of trim from a car that was garaged for the past 5 years, and another guy sells a piece from a car that's been parked outside for 5 years. I'm certain the two won't match and it will be noticeable.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,430 Posts
I hear/feel my exhaust every time I drive my car
Meisterschaft catback... hell yes, you do.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Coltrane1
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
yeah, exhaust was a bad example. Point is people here are dropping 100s or 1000s on new rims, LED interior/exterior lighting, vinyl wraps and plasti dips. But somehow you zeroed in on my decision to upgrade the interior. I drive in the car every day, so I get to enjoy the wood all the time.

i did check eBay and the forum for trading partners for a few weeks, but I eventually grew impatient. I also was skeptical about buying used trim piecemeal. Depending on whether or not pieces came from different sources with different owners who care for heir cars differently, there would likely be problems getting everything to match. For instance what if someone sells a piece of trim from a car that was garaged for the past 5 years, and another guy sells a piece from a car that's been parked outside for 5 years. I'm certain the two won't match and it will be noticeable.
G_Luv you're absolutely right. This place is dangerous, especially to those of us who are retired! If 2 months ago you'd have told me I'd have invested just over $5k on barely used wheels/tires, $3k of which went to suspension and other miscellaneous parts, to install on a high mileage sedan I'd have said you're nuts! But if you hang around here for weeks on end this place can have you reachin' for your wallet. These mods don't come cheap - enjoy yours!
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (06-04-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 11:13 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
This forum is terrible for your wallet. If it weren't for the forums/facebook groups, my car would have been much simpler. When you have members post videos/reviews/pictures of their parts, it makes it so enticing to buy!

Like daddyfatsacs posted a vid of his exhaust system, I literally priced out the catback from a vendor and thought about purchasing it for a week or so. Then, I remembered how much I paid for my full Motordyne system and came to my senses.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Its not hard to see the benefit, for vendors, of being a forum sponsor... without knowing the price it's safe to say they get full value.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 PM
G_Luv

Originally Posted by Coltrane1
G_Luv you're absolutely right. This place is dangerous, especially to those of us who are retired! If 2 months ago you'd have told me I'd have invested just over $5k on barely used wheels/tires, $3k of which went to suspension and other miscellaneous parts, to install on a high mileage sedan I'd have said you're nuts! But if you hang around here for weeks on end this place can have you reachin' for your wallet. These mods don't come cheap - enjoy yours!
how many miles on yours, out of curiosity? I just cracked 20k on mine yesterday, so at least I'll get to enjoy my new trim for a solid stretch (hopefully)...

I agree about this forum being like the rabbit hole for Alice...I never even thought about some of the mods I've seen here but I definitely need to put in significant effort not to scratch the proverbial itch after perusing some of the threads here, lol. Some of the performance mods look amazing, but then I remember I live in a big city and there's next to a zero percent change I can enjoy any of those mods to the fullest driving at 9/10ths anywhere outside of a race track!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?