Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 01:18 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Window not working

This morning I started the car and when I tried to roll down the windows none of them responded properly, driver side would sometime roll down but had problem going back up, the passenger side with the rear driver side window would not even roll down.

When I finished work I went into the car and saw the rear passenger side window roll down all the way. I tried everything but only the driver side window was able to roll down and roll back up. i was enable to reset any of the windows too.

I brought the car to infiniti and they said it may be electrical or it may be the switch on the driver side,because the water or ice got inside the door, they asked me if I took the car to car wash and I immediately told them no never.

Has anyone ever had the same issue where none of the windows were working but only the driver's side?? or would it be due to the cold weather snap we just had on the weekend?. where can I get a switch ?

tks for any advice.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:43 AM
ciscoizi

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my back window but I knew it was the switch because I let a lot of water in 2 days prior smoking a cigarette in heavy rain with my window down. Shame on me. I bought a used master switch from ebay for 90 bucks. Easy swap that you can do yourself. Everything worked perfect after the swap.
The following 2 users liked this post by ciscoizi:
cressxpress (09-28-2021), flipmode007 (02-18-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 12:18 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

It's weird cuz I barely open the window this winter, my friend thinks its due to the extreme cold weather we had over this past weekend, I will be searching for a used one cuz it seems they are close to $400 new??
Old 02-19-2016, 01:18 AM
TVD
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This is a common problem when retained power is lost. You will need to perform the following procedure, it’s real simple and resolves this issue. That can occur if the battery is drained and is easily reset.

1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.

2. Close the door.

3. Open the window completely by operating the power window switch.

4. Pull the power window switch and hold it to close the window, and then hold the switch more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely.

5. Release the power window switch. Operate the window by the automatic function to confirm the initialization is complete.

6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for other
windows.

You may also want to check the moonroof for automatic operation. Here is the procedure for resetting that.

1. If the moonroof is open, close it fully by repeatedly pushing the CLOSE side of the moonroof switch.

2. Push and hold the CLOSE side of the moonroof switch to tilt the moonroof up.

3. Release the moonroof switch after the moonroof moves slightly up and down.

4. Push and hold the OPEN side of the moonroof switch to fully tilt the moonroof down.

5. Check if the moonroof switch operates normally.
The following users liked this post:
MrTLFsr (05-28-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 02:59 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ciscoizi
I had the same thing happen to my back window but I knew it was the switch because I let a lot of water in 2 days prior smoking a cigarette in heavy rain with my window down. Shame on me. I bought a used master switch from ebay for 90 bucks. Easy swap that you can do yourself. Everything worked perfect after the swap.
Originally Posted by TVD
This is a common problem when retained power is lost. You will need to perform the following procedure, it’s real simple and resolves this issue. That can occur if the battery is drained and is easily reset... 5. Check if the moonroof switch operates normally.
I Went to the collision center to see if the repairs were done and I told the tech about it, he tried to reset but nothing was rolling up, he then said it was the switch.

Last edited by flipmode007; 02-22-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:00 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

I found a used one on Kijiji for $150, seller is willing to sell it for $140 shipping included save me some dollars, dealer was asking $260 installed and it came from a 2013.