Sponsored by:

Sedan body kit options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 02:20 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Sedan body kit options?

I have a white '13 G37S 6spd. sedan and I am starting to consider different chin spoilers, side skirts, and rear diffusers.

I like the design of the carbon signal chin spoiler and the side skirts. Their rear diffuser takes up too much of the back bumper for me, but is not bad. Then again, it might look wierd with their chin spoiler & side skirts, but a different diffuser. The problem with carbon signal is it has to be shipped from Dubai which costs an arm and a leg.

I am trying to talk myself into the factory chin spoiler, but I am really not a fan of how it goes part way up the bumper and creates a line along the bumper where it meets. Maybe it looks better in person?

I also like the Autokits X carbon fiber rear diffuser. I may go that route for the back.

Another idea I had is to use a carbon wrap on the bottom part of the rear bumper and maybe try it on the lip of the factory front bumper to make it look like a chin spoiler. (Not sure if that would work)

For those of you who already have any of these kits can you comment on quality & fitment?

Are there any other decent kits I should take a look at?

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:17 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat, looking for a sportier appearance, but nothing on the market really appeals to me. CS front and sides do look pretty nice, but don't like them enough to pay the price, and not a fan of that rear diffuser either (it makes the bottom of the rear bumper look clunky). Heard Autokit diffuser has fitment and durability issues (and clearcoat failure on CF).

OEM front lip is aggressive (bit too much for me) and that seam it makes with the bumper is pretty unsightly (there's a guy that molded it to the bumper and to me it looks A LOT better that way).

For the rear, my favorite look so far is vinyl wrap on that lower portion. Nothing really knocks my socks off for the front.

V36 has surprisingly limited options, even the Q50 has plenty more to choose from...
Old 12-03-2015, 04:17 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I think I might just do a carbon wrap under the rear bumper and I think I can get it to work for the lower part of the front bumper to make it look like a chin spoiler. I might even be able to get it to look ok on the lower portion of the side sills. I think I will do some experimenting with this in the spring once I get the new wheels on and see how it looks.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:13 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Bulletproof has the Access Evolution diffuser with spats if you're willing to spend $1400/$1600. I have the Autokits rear diffuser now and while it fits okay I may go with the Access Evolution.

Pickings are somewhat slim for the sedans unfortunately. I'm looking at some custom work done for my hood and possibly fenders. Though I also say I'm done modding every so often...
Old 12-09-2015, 11:09 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Yikes! I thought you meant $1,400-$1,600 for the entire kit, not $1,750 for each part. If I am going to spend $5,000+ on this car, it is not going to be on a body kit.

I think I may just get creative with a carbon fiber vinyl wrap. I know the rear bumper will look nice and I think I can make the front bumper look like it is a diffuser with the way the bottom piece is shaped. Not so sure about the side skirts.

Are there any other kits out there that are more reasonably priced?
Old 12-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
If I am going to spend $5,000+ on this car, it is not going to be on a body kit.
^^ This.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Bocian
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
The diffuser with the spats looks awesome but damn pricey

I did the carbon fiber on the bottom of mine, I like it, my rear bumper is probably going to get redone or replaced eventually, with city living/parking I get bumped a lot :/ and I had a major scratches that the vinyl covered up almost completely so I'm happy with it

But this rear lip is what I really want, it's some Russian site so who knows the validity of it but it looks sick, and the quad tips is icing on the cake, love that rear lip but that rear bumper is made to accommodate the longer license plates so it probably won't even fit us bumpers, but hopefully someone here will make something similar, nice and clean

Old 12-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bocian
Wow. That's beautiful.

You're right about the license plate cut-outs making that a completely different bumper skin. Still... I really like this.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:01 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Bocian
The diffuser with the spats looks awesome but damn pricey

I did the carbon fiber on the bottom of mine, I like it, my rear bumper is probably going to get redone or replaced eventually, with city living/parking I get bumped a lot :/ and I had a major scratches that the vinyl covered up almost completely so I'm happy with it

But this rear lip is what I really want, it's some Russian site so who knows the validity of it but it looks sick, and the quad tips is icing on the cake, love that rear lip but that rear bumper is made to accommodate the longer license plates so it probably won't even fit us bumpers, but hopefully someone here will make something similar, nice and clean

That looks amazing. I bet it's packing so much power with that 2.5L motor.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:51 PM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
The design on the red sedan does look damn good. The quad tips makes it look that much better...
Old 12-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

That's exactly the kind of design that should have been OEM for the Sport Package.

It follows and accents the lines of the car so-o-o-o much better. (sigh)
Old 12-10-2015, 05:38 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

The Russian kit on the Red G does not look to bad, but go figure you have to go to Dubai, Russia, or Japan for a body kit for this car.

I am still trying to warm up to the factory chin spoiler and I think maybe I could make it look better with a black or carbon wrap in the center leading up to the lower grill. Thinking of the same thing in the rear diffuser area like Rochester did.

What do you guys think, matte black, gloss black, or carbon wrap?
Old 12-10-2015, 07:26 PM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by ColumbiaSkinny
The design on the red sedan does look damn good. The quad tips makes it look that much better...
agreed! I love quad tips… installed them on my 07 E350 (picked up an E55 AMG exhaust)

Name:  100_1215.jpg
Views: 6931
Size:  79.7 KB

Name:  siderear.jpg
Views: 7032
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  doublelimorear.jpg
Views: 6976
Size:  81.1 KB
The following users liked this post:
ColumbiaSkinny (12-10-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 10:09 PM
claudiohv

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So there is a post ong35 driver, 1st gen V36, im sure some of that stuff will fit on the v36.2

** Official Body Kit Compilation List ** - G35Driver

Btw here is the front of that pro line kit, found as well on that link

I personally dig the tommy kiara front bumper, that grill-less look... im starting to dig.

and for rear the wald quad, the spoiler on that pic though, not so much.

But a real treat(dream lol) will be to see this on my ride one day: the nismo v36 kit:

I enjoy this detail on the trunk:

how it flows with the bumper.

apparently this kit was a one(maybe twice) time thing.

please dont throw to much rice on me.. i do enjoy different kits on cars lol

Last edited by claudiohv; 12-10-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:33 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Successful automotive has a great body kit, I so want the Bella duck trunk so bad!

Quick Reply: Sedan body kit options?