Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Subwoofer Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 09:36 PM
allen738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subwoofer Help

Hey everyone! I am new to this site, but I need some help. As a fairly new 2012 G37x owner, I need some help with some modding ideas/subs. My idea is to change the headlights to some LED like headlights (nothing color fancy) to kind of get a more white headlight color than the current factory yellowy old colored headlights that I have now. I could use some help with finding some economy headlights like that if possible (trying to keep price down since I do not have a large budget.. You know.. College costs suck) Then on top of that, I want to add some subs. Now this is the more important thing. Id rather have a new subwoofer than the lights or anything. So I am a total newbie with this subject. Now I have tried to do my research on a good enclosure. So far the only one I've found is from this website. But I want to try and get a stealth enclosure. Reason for that is to save room/make it look cleaner. Also, I want it to look like its factory made so then when my parents look at it, they don't flip. (My mom is a hearing doctor and I am not sure how happy she would be if I got one of these). Now I am not sure if they make some stealth ones for my car, but if there is anywhere that does then I would be happy. I was thinking maybe there was a way to put them on the indents on the left and right of the car in the trunk? Or if there is a way to put it next to the spare tire (Its a must to keep my spare tire!!). I know these are a lot of restrictions but Id prefer them. Now if they don't make anything like that then maybe Ill have to settle for that enclosure above. Or I may just say to hell with it and get this . But I need some help to see if that sub is any good, does it come with speakers in it/with an amp already? And also, would it fit in the section in the back of my trunk?

So many questions in this, but overall I want a stealth sub 10' or 12'. And I want it cheap if possible.

Thanks!