Sponsored by:

Sold the G

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Sexier, eh? Did you know that some dudes are sexually attracted to pregnant women?

Same thing. LOL

G'luck with the new station wagon, Jethro. I bought a new Volvo once 15 years ago, and although it was a total lemon, always in the shop, there was a certain quality about it that I liked.
Thanks Rochester. It seems they have improved in quality from the old days. But I will find out soon enough. I will say my G never gave me a single problem. If only the rear seats folded or a roof rack looked better...
Old 05-18-2015, 06:57 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Jethro
Hahahaha yes that is really embarrassing.

The T6 with the Polestar tune is a mid thirteen second car in the quarter mile. Honestly very similar to a G. V60 has a ton of torque, versus the high rpm power of the VQ.
Hahahaha very funny. But when the G loses a race to the wagon...
G Sedan has run as low as 13.1 so I'm not to sure about that but in either case, close race.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,589 Likes on 3,434 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
G Sedan has run as low as 13.1 so I'm not to sure about that but in either case, close race.
Perhaps. But he won't be street racing G's. If the occasional match-up occurs, he'll be lined up with various minivans and the Toyota Venza.

And he's going to positively annihilate them.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:44 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Sexier, eh? Did you know that some dudes are sexually attracted to pregnant women?

But...my wife is pregnant...and lemme tell you... hootershootershooters

Sooo....just saying. Lol...wait, what were we talking about again?
Old 05-18-2015, 10:00 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hahahaha yes that is really embarrassing.

The T6 with the Polestar tune is a mid thirteen second car in the quarter mile. Honestly very similar to a G. V60 has a ton of torque, versus the high rpm power of the VQ.
I always feel NA is organic while turbo is like a shot of adrenaline. May be I am old school, but still. In that sense the G has the clear win, and it's RWD...to each of his own I guess.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Am I mistaken but is the new ride a Station Wagon??? God I hope not...
Old 05-29-2015, 12:04 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
You're not mistaken...that is what he said. And believe it or not, a lot of people dig wagons and hatches...I am not really a fan of either.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,589 Likes on 3,434 Posts
Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
You're not mistaken...that is what he said. And believe it or not, a lot of people dig wagons and hatches...I am not really a fan of either.
That's true. Some of my earliest memories are of getting tossed around like a bag of meat in the back of 1969 AMC Ambassador Station Wagon. And I'd be lying if I said the Dodge Magnum R/T doesn't appeal to me.

Wagons are cool when they're something more than just a Wagon. In a lesser sense, so are Sedans.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:14 PM
darin1274

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pick up!! I love Volvos!!! I had a 242 and an 850 BITD...both were equipt with bits from IPD. Be sure to check them out for Performance parts!!
Old 05-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
Hahaha it sure is a wagon.

Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
Yes, many love hatches and wagons. They are vastly superior to a crossover suv in terms of handling and fuel economy while maintaining space for all my toys. Wagon for the win!

That's true. Some of my earliest memories are of getting tossed around like a bag of meat in the back of 1969 AMC Ambassador Station Wagon. And I'd be lying if I said the Dodge Magnum R/T doesn't appeal to me.

Wagons are cool when they're something more than just a Wagon. In a lesser sense, so are Sedans.
I totally agree. CTS-V wagon, E63 AMG wagon, RS4 or RS6 Avant...all sexy wagons. No different than M3 and similar sedans. All cool cars.

Originally Posted by darin1274
Nice pick up!! I love Volvos!!! I had a 242 and an 850 BITD...both were equipt with bits from IPD. Be sure to check them out for Performance parts!!
Thanks! Nice cars. Appreciate the heads up there. I know that IPD is currently working on stuff for this chassis, right now all they have is the rear sway bar and endlinks which I will be getting soon. More is in the pipeline so they tell me.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:35 PM
qgoat
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by darin1274
I had an 850t5 high pressure turbo with some upgraded bushings from ipd. That car handled great for a frontdriver. I also had great seats. I'm a Volvo fan also.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:39 PM
qgoat
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hahaha it sure is a wagon.

Yes, many love hatches and wagons. They are vastly superior to a crossover suv in terms of handling and fuel economy while maintaining space for all my toys. Wagon for the win!

I totally agree. CTS-V wagon, E63 AMG wagon, RS4 or RS6 Avant...all sexy wagons. No different than M3 and similar sedans. All cool cars.

Thanks! Nice cars. Appreciate the heads up there. I know that IPD is currently working on stuff for this chassis, right now all they have is the rear sway bar and endlinks which I will be getting soon. More is in the pipeline so they tell me.
Ipd is a great company. Their parts are tried and true. They do everything from performance exhaust to ecu upgrades. Your new ride is definitely sweet. Keep us posted with the mods. Congrats!
Old 06-01-2015, 02:48 PM
General Grim
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Congratulations! That is a fine wagon. I love wagons also and wished that the G37 came in a wagon version lol. Are you planning on keeping the car for a long time? I am just wondering because I always heard European brands are much more expensive to own than its Japanese counter parts!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Originally Posted by qgoat
Ipd is a great company. Their parts are tried and true. They do everything from performance exhaust to ecu upgrades. Your new ride is definitely sweet. Keep us posted with the mods. Congrats!
Thanks! Will do.

Originally Posted by General Grim
Congratulations! That is a fine wagon. I love wagons also and wished that the G37 came in a wagon version lol. Are you planning on keeping the car for a long time? I am just wondering because I always heard European brands are much more expensive to own than its Japanese counter parts!
Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to like the EX and FX (or whatever they are now called) but the SUV handling and high ride didn't work for me. Too bad the Nissan Stagea never came over stateside. I was also hoping Subaru was going to bring the Levorg (basically a WRX wagon) over, but got tired of waiting.

As for keeping the car awhile, I really hope to. With maintenance, I have heard similar things with the Germans for sure. Volvo seems to be hit or miss in that department. I expect it to be more money than the Japanese, but I will soon find out!

Last edited by Jethro; 06-01-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Update:
Volvo crossbars installed (made by Thule so they are basically aeroblades) with a Thule 528 bike attachment.

Name:  IMAG0622_zpsmukkd0hv.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  248.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0623_zps7el5dsjx.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  274.6 KB

Quick Reply: Sold the G