Sponsored by:

How rare is the g37s 6 speed manual?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 03:41 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by lobuzz311
Lol, this ^

My wife can drive the doors off of a manual, but hates driving my cars. I'm so meticulous and **** about everything that she doesn't want to scratch or ruin anything. She does take it out now and again, though.
When she does drive it, she'll text me a pic like this of where she parked; all the way at the back of the lot, backed into one of the side spots...
^ that's awesome. my wife only ever owned manuals in her 15 years of driving...until January this year when we took delivery of the new Highlander, 6AT. she hung on to her '06 CRV 5MT as long as she could until we needed a larger vehicle. we searched through all the competition to find an SUV/CUV that offered manual and met our needs. Subaru was the only possibility but we didn't care for the available trims.

since there were no suitable candidates we went with what she liked best and i promised to 'let' her drive my G37 from time to time, even though she doesn't really enjoy driving it. she says the clutch/shifter are hard to work with - as do many other folks too. actually, i do feel a bit guilty saddling her with the mom-mobile which is part of the reason i'm installing the RJM pedal over the holidays.

and she has made it clear she wants to be apart of the test drives for my next car so she can try out the gearbox in whatever that ends up to be - because it will be manual. i'm several car iterations away from a slushbox/automated manual. at least i hope manuals will still be available then...
Old 01-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Haskellington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my red 2013 6MT G37S Coupe from the dealer with only 1000 miles on it!
The previous owner was a general manager who was being transferred out to another Nissan dealer stateside.
The wife couldn't drive standard transmission and the car was locally financed so he couldn't ship it out. Very happy with it.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:03 PM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts
Score! That's basically showroom new
Old 01-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Haskellington

Originally Posted by lobuzz311
Score! That's basically showroom new
I know! And it was a general manager so he babied this thing. I got it on new years eve.

Crazy thing was that I was going in to get a 370Z and saw it just sitting there right when I parked at the dealer and looked in to see the stick shifter. Instantly locked it for the day after.

Super thankful for the wife not knowing how to drive MT.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Well I have a 09 black/black 6MT sedan with 123K miles that I'm getting rid of. I haven't posted it for sale yet, but since this thread is about manual sedans I thought I'd mention it here as a heads up. It's very well maintained, and has already had the dreaded rear timing cover gasket failure repaired so you don't have to worry about that potentially happening. Because of the mileage I'm not asking a lot. PM me if interested, I don't want to hijack this thread but felt is might be a good place to mention it.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:23 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 271 Posts
Just for kicks I went to autotrader.com and did a few searches:
-There are 3,931 G37 sedans for sale
-61 had the manual transmission
= 1.5%

On auto trader.ca
-127 G37 sedans
-6 manual
=4.7%
Old 01-15-2016, 08:45 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
My G37 sedan sold in less than 3 days. They manual equipped ones are definitely hot commodities amongst enthusiasts who need 4 doors.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:26 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
My G37 sedan sold in less than 3 days. They manual equipped ones are definitely hot commodities amongst enthusiasts who need 4 doors.
that sounds familiar. when i bought my G37 6MT sedan i had to sell my '04 G35 6MT sedan. threw it up on craigslist, one day later the first guy to see it bought it...for over $16k when the dealer was offering $10k. private sale was a no brainer as i had suspected.

often dealers say that cars like ours with a manual are "hard to sell", but then after they lowball some sucker into taking a trade they jack up the price and advertise as "rare". old trick. they know they is a keen, albeit not huge, enthusiast following and that guys are just waiting for a unit to pop up for sale.

just like when i bought the '04 in '06. dealer had it in on trade for less than 3 days when i snapped it up. they hadn't even cleaned it yet - which of course i made sure they didn't do before i drove away. i always avoid the steel-wool 'wash broom' treatment by the juniors on the car lots...
Old 01-15-2016, 09:16 PM
sicKzofivE
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
6mt is hard to find, and when I was searching there were alot of tiptronics being advertised as manuals which drove me nuts. I would push salesmen to take pictures of the shifter to prove it was a manual. Difficult thing for me was finding what I wanted. That was '10+ in Moonlight White w/ Black Leather. I was not going to settle for anything other than black interior due to having a toddler. I got real lucky and found mine out in San Francisco. It was worth the 9hr drive from Vegas over there.

My service advisor calls my car a unicorn and knows the car will hold some good value in the private market later on if I decide to part with it since its rarer than seeing Donald Trump with a good hair day.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:29 PM
DonkeyPunch

I just picked up a 2013 G37S 6MT 4-door in Austin, TX. The dealer said they were hard to sell. This is my first G37 and I jumped on it......glad I did after reading this thread. Black on black! Im so excited I already fishtailed through a turn 2 hours after buying it. It took me that long to figure out how to turn the tracking control off. lol
Old 01-16-2016, 07:32 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
I just picked up a 2013 G37S 6MT 4-door in Austin, TX. The dealer said they were hard to sell. This is my first G37 and I jumped on it......glad I did after reading this thread. Black on black! Im so excited I already fishtailed through a turn 2 hours after buying it. It took me that long to figure out how to turn the tracking control off. lol
Welcome to the 3 pedal club
Old 04-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I had no clue how rare these were. I was shopping for cars around October last year. I was strolling the CarMax lot and I happened to see a g37S sedan. I opened the door and noticed it was stick. Took it for a test drive, bought it the next day. Glad I did. So far she's got test pipes and those silicon intake tubes.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:48 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Just took a peek on autotrader.ca
09 and up G37S sedans = 2 nation wide.
Pretty hard to find for sale up here.
I'm glad I got mine new in 2011 and still enjoy driving it very much. Recently hit 110,000km. Still runs like new.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:53 PM
FSTG37

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be selling or trading my 2012 G37S 6MT soon. It has 49K miles and clean. It has a JWT light weight flywheel with the stage 2 clutch and RJM clutch pedal. Suspension is back to stock with the stock S wheels as well. Here she is on Coilovers and IPL wheels.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Rennies5

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FSTG37
I will be selling or trading my 2012 G37S 6MT soon. It has 49K miles and clean. It has a JWT light weight flywheel with the stage 2 clutch and RJM clutch pedal. Suspension is back to stock with the stock S wheels as well. Here she is on Coilovers and IPL wheels.
I have a feeling that it won't be on the market long. Beautiful car!

Quick Reply: How rare is the g37s 6 speed manual?