Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheat or Stone Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 PM
inskribed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheat or Stone Interior?

What's up everyone. I just bought a used 2012 G37 with Blue Slate exterior. The car didn't come with the OEM floor mats, so I'm planning on buying new all-weather ones. Either wheat/stone or black mats, depending on which match better.

The only problem is I don't know if my interior is wheat or stone. It looks like stone, but I'm not sure? Can anyone help?
Attached Thumbnails Wheat or Stone Interior?-10563319-21-5-3096618d.jpg   Wheat or Stone Interior?-10563319-28-5-7c7b4aa7.jpg   Wheat or Stone Interior?-10563319-30-5-9a7cd0ae.jpg   Wheat or Stone Interior?-img_2013.jpg  
Old 06-15-2014, 08:13 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Man...that is hard to tell with those pics. My wife's QX is wheat and there is noticeable difference from my stone. The stone is clearly a grey type color. Wheat is a light khaki.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,429 Posts
That looks like Stone. Wheat has more of a tan/yellow thing going on. Mine is stone, and IIRC wheat wasn't an option on the 6MT.

Isn't that information coded on the door sticker somewhere? Or stamped under the hood? I bet if you called your local dealership with the VIN, they could look it up.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:37 PM
SwedishPimple

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inskribed
What's up everyone. I just bought a used 2012 G37 with Blue Slate exterior. The car didn't come with the OEM floor mats, so I'm planning on buying new all-weather ones. Either wheat/stone or black mats, depending on which match better.

The only problem is I don't know if my interior is wheat or stone. It looks like stone, but I'm not sure? Can anyone help?
Wow, crazy timing as I'm going through exact same issue right now with same interior (which I believe is stone). Dealer just sent me GREY all weather mats to replace some old carpet mats. They don't really match either the carpet or the dash, but my only other option is beige (other than black). I'm going to ride around with them tomorrow to decide if they're serviceable.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:50 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
I recommend black all weather mats, looks fine in an otherwise stone interior & will be less prone to showing marks & dirt

SIDENOTE: took me a while to come to grips with the grey/taupe steering wheel & dash, but I've grown to like it. Sure it's a softer look & not very sporty, but it still offers some good contrast. Been noticing a trend with newer MB, Audis, etc (non-sport models) with the same setup. Just like the light grey seats on a black car, killer combo IMO (although if they made the red seats for the 6MT, I would've went that route for sure)
Old 06-15-2014, 11:51 PM
inskribed

Originally Posted by Rochester
That looks like Stone. Wheat has more of a tan/yellow thing going on. Mine is stone, and IIRC wheat wasn't an option on the 6MT.

Isn't that information coded on the door sticker somewhere? Or stamped under the hood? I bet if you called your local dealership with the VIN, they could look it up.
I checked the door panel and didn't see anything, just info about my tires. I'll check under the hood in a minute. Good idea about the dealership. If it's not under the hood I'll give them a call, thanks.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:55 PM
inskribed

Originally Posted by STownSaint
I recommend black all weather mats, looks fine in an otherwise stone interior & will be less prone to showing marks & dirt
That's what I've read so far, that the black mats look the best. Is the rear all-weather mat one piece that goes over the hump in the middle?
Old 06-16-2014, 12:33 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Like I chose with my blue slate exterior, I selected the stone interior that I believe you have too. IMO the floor mats should also be stone. With the center console in the front we’re only talking about the floor area on each side, with the OEM carpeting already in stone. So black would look like a non-matching afterthought that you bought at a bargain at Pep Boys. For the rear, the same is true.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:43 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
That's what I've read so far, that the black mats look the best. Is the rear all-weather mat one piece that goes over the hump in the middle?
They are two separate paces, they don't go over the drive shaft tunnel like the carpet ones do.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:09 AM
inskribed

Originally Posted by SwedishPimple
Wow, crazy timing as I'm going through exact same issue right now with same interior (which I believe is stone). Dealer just sent me GREY all weather mats to replace some old carpet mats. They don't really match either the carpet or the dash, but my only other option is beige (other than black). I'm going to ride around with them tomorrow to decide if they're serviceable.
Hmm that's what I was concerned about (the grey mats not matching). Do you happen to have any pics of them in the car?
Old 06-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,429 Posts
I run with the OEM black all season rubber mats all year long in my stone interior. I think it's a really good look. Try that first, you won't regret it.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:37 AM
Scg

That's stone interior (same interior as mine). I have beige mats and they match perfectly but show dirt easily. If you are ok with the dirt marks then go for beige or else try black.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:11 AM
DBall

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I bought black OEM mats for my stone interior. Still have the stone ones, but black does look good in there...
Old 06-16-2014, 08:41 AM
SwedishPimple

Originally Posted by Chekov
Like I chose with my blue slate exterior, I selected the stone interior that I believe you have too. IMO the floor mats should also be stone. With the center console in the front we’re only talking about the floor area on each side, with the OEM carpeting already in stone. So black would look like a non-matching afterthought that you bought at a bargain at Pep Boys. For the rear, the same is true.
The problem is they don't make stone mats, unless beige matches stone. I have grey mats and it does not match.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:42 AM
SwedishPimple

Hmm that's what I was concerned about (the grey mats not matching). Do you happen to have any pics of them in the car?
No, but I'll try to snap a couple of pics tonight.

Quick Reply: Wheat or Stone Interior?