My nightmare became reality

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 04:30 PM
dailovo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My nightmare became reality

Hey i never got to introduce myself yet
im a new G37x owner, i use to drive a honda accord coupe 2007
going from honda to infiniti is a big jump for me and im glad i made it!
But something happened to me yesterday, i was at the South Shore Plaza Mall and i came out to see my car has been Scratched and dented. this made me so mad! i only had my car for a month! i couldn't sleep last night and was up all night thinking about who hurt my baby!!!! i really need help if anyone could give me pointers on how to remove/cure these damages i'd be really thankful!

PS. the first picture the at the bottom thats not a scratch just a reflection of some wax that dripped on the ground
Attached Thumbnails My nightmare became reality-20140505_154830.jpg   My nightmare became reality-20140505_154818.jpg  
Old 05-05-2014, 04:34 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Call a body shop or your insurance agent?
Old 05-05-2014, 04:34 PM
MalbecG37S

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Some of that may buff out - can't tell from the pics...

Also of concern - is that tire dry-rotted? (or something similar)

What year/miles is the car?
Old 05-05-2014, 04:37 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
PDR (paintless dent repair) might be able to get that dent out as long as that's not a big crease in the middle of it. If your fingernail catches on the scratches they're too deep to repair without getting it repainted unfortunately. That crack along the tread of your tire is also concerning.

Sorry to hear about the damage and hope it gets fixed quickly and properly.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:55 PM
dailovo

its a 2010/26k miles on it, yeah i ordered new tires im waiting for them to come in
sorry about the pictures ill try to get some better ones in
Old 05-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
That'll buff right out. No, seriously. I can't see the dent but the scratches will buff out. since you're asking I'm going to presume that you don't have the tools and skill to do it, but almost any paint and body shop should. Or a good professional detailer (not some dudes with soap and a bucket at most of your local car washes).
Old 05-05-2014, 05:25 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
First sorry man ! But to living where I live MA you have to understand
people don't respect sh6t especial someone else stuff. Going from a Honda to
an ifiniti you also have to park differnt ( not saying you old car wasn't nice) but I'm sure you have a different appreciation for your G. You have to do what me and wife do PARK ON THE MOON. Park so far in the back that no one will park next to you and ALWAYS try to find a corner spot and back in and hug on your side the median or island.
People are lazy you'll be the only one parked out there.
Exp I always park in the back of the lot even at the gym , you'd be amazed how many look for front parking to go excersise LAZY LOL
Again sorry man and try ding dent done I've used then before very good guys and price is right .
Old 05-05-2014, 05:28 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm going to be honest with you. I also live near South Shore Plaza Mall. (I'm from Boston) and I go there on a regular basis because it is the closest mall to my girlfriend. She lives in Quincy.

If you fix that and spend a couple hundred, you will likely to get that again in a matter of months. I've had my 2007 G35x V36 sedan for only a couple years here, and I can't tell you how many times people have hit my vehicle. I park on the highest floor of my parking garage where nobody parks to prevent that.

I've had a van dent my bumper in South Bay Mall Target Parking lot, and drove away. Luckily, a witness (I believe a fellow G owner according to the video) got a license plate number and I was able to fight for cost of repairs back.

My recommendation is to leave it alone if it isn't rusting, because you'll get something like that again in a matter of months. The scratches don't look that bad. You can read it all on the thread I started here and my search for the culprit (finally found him.)

http://g35driver.com/forums/g35-seda...ible-luck.html

The funny thing is, after I got everything fixed up finally, a car backed into my car in December 2013 and I had scratches on my bumper again. I've given up in trying to keep my car in perfect condition. Getting scratches and dings is a fact of life around the Boston greater area. Park as far as you can away from everyone so you run into less risk of this happening.

DO NOT USE YOUR INSURANCE. You will risk increasing your rates and this type of damage is so minor for insurance purposes.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 05-05-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Noddy11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My brand new G was dented by some fool in a parking lot a week after I got it. Hardly a week goes by when I don't notice a new scratch, some of them not insignificant. I just accept it as part of urban living. I let them accumulate and then I get them repaired, then start over. No point getting too upset over it.
The following users liked this post:
sprix (05-06-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 06:31 PM
dailovo

Thanks for the input guys it makes me feel a lot better actually haha and I usually do park far away I def don't park like I did before with my accord I try to baby this ride so much
And for the insurance part that was the main reason I didn't bother reporting it
Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Sorry to hear about your "baby" getting nicked. When your thread title said "Nightmare" I figured your car was broadsided (like mine about a year ago) or worse
Glad to see it was something much easier to repair, but it still sucks to have anything happen to something you try and care dearly for
Hopefully you can get it cleaned up to the point where it doesn't shout at you every time you walk up to your car, and like others mentioned, it's probably something you can almost expect in this day & age.
BTW, welcome to the site, sure hope you don't have any more Nightmares to post
Old 05-05-2014, 06:40 PM
dailovo

Oh I forgot but this was the most concerning damage I had worried about Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting the long line is deeper in but it's not chipped or anything weird
Old 05-05-2014, 07:10 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by dailovo
Oh I forgot but this was the most concerning damage I had worried about Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting the long line is deeper in but it's not chipped or anything weird
That looks like a light brush against the clear coat, that should buff out unless I'm looking at the wrong section. Must have had a family of disrespectful idiots just brushing up against your car w/ a shopping cart, boxes, etc. They were probably driving an 80s beater so why should they worry
Old 05-05-2014, 08:57 PM
dailovo

You think a heat gun will pop out the line dent? It's at the middle it's such an eye sore ;(
Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM
eatwiththeking

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
coming from an 06 camry, I share your same fear. Once I parked my camry at a parking lot next to a car that his/her wheel turned all the way to the right. I thought nothing of it, but when I went back to my car I see a huge dent in my passenger side. The color of the scratched paint was the same as the car that had its wheel turned all the way. I'm assuming that he/she just backed up without noticing the wheel. Anyways after that incident I never park next to cars with their wheels turned all the way, on flat surfaces.

Quick Reply: My nightmare became reality