G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by nishfish871
Got the FI catback installed yesterday, it sounded perfect with the 18" resonators. Not nearly as loud as I expected which is good because I plan on going with test pipes or lth down the road. Fitment was beyond perfect, the shop got the sways and cbe done in less than 2hrs. FI did the small things like proper exhaust gaskets and spacers for the middle crossbar. Zero drone, very deep sounding. Hopefully no leaks arise in the next few weeks.
Jealous of the exhaust !!! Indeed I'm sure it does sound great as pretty much any setup of the FI, whether 18 or 12" resonators or even non resonated too just a difference in loudness I guess. How do you like them Hotchkis sways? I'm planning on getting them in the near future !
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 AM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Jealous of the exhaust !!! Indeed I'm sure it does sound great as pretty much any setup of the FI, whether 18 or 12" resonators or even non resonated too just a difference in loudness I guess. How do you like them Hotchkis sways? I'm planning on getting them in the near future !
Haven't really driven it hard yet, in regular driving I swear it doesn't make a difference yet. I haven't whipped it or hit any nice off ramps. I think it is good that it doesn't change daily driving much because that could be a negative as the ride is already firm enough for a sedan. It is set to the middle hole in the rear. In a week or so I'll give a proper update on the sways.

The exhaust is nice...I keep wanting to cold start it!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,448 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
How do you like them Hotchkis sways? I'm planning on getting them in the near future !
Old 08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Haven't really driven it hard yet, in regular driving I swear it doesn't make a difference yet. I haven't whipped it or hit any nice off ramps. I think it is good that it doesn't change daily driving much because that could be a negative as the ride is already firm enough for a sedan. It is set to the middle hole in the rear. In a week or so I'll give a proper update on the sways.

The exhaust is nice...I keep wanting to cold start it!
okay that makes sense, I'll be waiting for the update whenever you're ready, I know it's a huge improvement and all but I just wanna hear one's opinion after installing the sways...

Originally Posted by Rochester
just stop.. lol
Old 08-05-2014, 12:49 PM
nishfish871

The joys of working from home, took the car out for a spirited drive. YES the sways are worth it, going slightly overspeed through turn the car feels more nimble/flat and not like a BBW trying to salsa dance.

Do it NOW or wait for a used set (what I did). But don't forget with used you need to regrease.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (08-06-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,448 Posts
But don't forget with used you need to regrease.
I strongly suspect you will need to re-grease at least once a year, if not twice, regardless of new or used bushings.

ES sells a very reasonably priced swaybar bracket with a zerk fitting. I've been giving that serious consideration. Thing is, then I'd need a small grease gun for that little fitting, and pre-lube grease for the gun. I haven't researched any of that yet, other than to know the little tub of ES pre-lube all by itself was kind of expensive. And something about the design makes me suspicious of the grease coverage through the fitting, as opposed to doing it by hand. IDK... need to research this more.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:17 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
My sways came with the grease zerks in the fittings, just regreased them when I got an alignment. Awesome, awesome mod.

On another note, I hot a bump so hard today my windshield wipers came on. I'm thinking it's safe to say I hit the bumpstop. Starting to wonder if I got the wrong springs in a box marked correctly.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
My sways came with the grease zerks in the fittings, just regreased them when I got an alignment. Awesome, awesome mod.

On another note, I hot a bump so hard today my windshield wipers came on. I'm thinking it's safe to say I hit the bumpstop. Starting to wonder if I got the wrong springs in a box marked correctly.
Did you compare the part # printed on the springs to the proper #?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:44 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts

Are you springs height also uneven? Damn swift springs, LOL.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Did you compare the part # printed on the springs to the proper #?
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Are you springs height also uneven? Damn swift springs, LOL.
I think so, it's been over a month and I've been traveling but I'll try and double check if I can.

Spring heights are good, ride is overall good except for the damn mountains in the road.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts

How many miles on your car?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:24 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Got the FI catback installed yesterday, it sounded perfect with the 18" resonators. Not nearly as loud as I expected which is good because I plan on going with test pipes or lth down the road. Fitment was beyond perfect, the shop got the sways and cbe done in less than 2hrs. FI did the small things like proper exhaust gaskets and spacers for the middle crossbar. Zero drone, very deep sounding. Hopefully no leaks arise in the next few weeks.
When you say not as loud as you expected what car did you come from so I have a basis of what you think is loud?
Old 08-05-2014, 11:46 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
How many miles on your car?
34k but the front struts are brand new KYBs.

To be fair, I guess that "bump" is more like a speed bump in the middle of the highway. I'll have to really look at it tomorrow, I hardly ever use that lane.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:53 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I strongly suspect you will need to re-grease at least once a year, if not twice, regardless of new or used bushings.

ES sells a very reasonably priced swaybar bracket with a zerk fitting. I've been giving that serious consideration. Thing is, then I'd need a small grease gun for that little fitting, and pre-lube grease for the gun. I haven't researched any of that yet, other than to know the little tub of ES pre-lube all by itself was kind of expensive. And something about the design makes me suspicious of the grease coverage through the fitting, as opposed to doing it by hand. IDK... need to research this more.

John I just greased mine until it looked like it was vomiting red goop. Seems to have worked okay?

I picked up a new set of bleeder caps today, thinking about popping a set on the sway bar also. Haven't decided yet.

I also, don't laugh cause it's such a minuscule item I can't believe I did it, swapped out my valve stem caps.

Name:  806DAE81-8AE1-4C04-B70B-9428574ED05B_zpstw4itrne.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  3.17 MB

But I kinda dig them
Name:  A7320D52-5F1F-47D9-9F81-EE90F793DAD9_zpsfiudkat3.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  2.29 MB
Old 08-06-2014, 12:57 AM
nishfish871

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
When you say not as loud as you expected what car did you come from so I have a basis of what you think is loud?
Coming from my 3" BRM exhaust on my Maxima before and after headers and test pipe.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread