G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,610 Likes on 3,452 Posts
Diego@vossen is sending me two replacement valve stems. He says it's possible a washer was mounted upside-down on the inside, and that it's supposed to be a particular orientation. Whatever the case, VOSSEN is standing behind their shorty valve stem solution, and that's pretty cool.

for VOSSEN customer service.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
Hotchkis are the stiffest sway bars for our cars. I have them and haven't looked back. Somewhere on the forum, there is a listing of how much stiffer than stock the sways are. I've seen it, but don't have time to dig into the search at the moment, otherwise I'd serve up a link.
I see, thanks man... so while they're $100 more expensive than Eibachs, is there really a noticeable difference between those two worth spending extra $100 ? or Eibachs would do? Is there ride still somewhat comfortable or like a racekar? I know I know... quite some questions but I learned to do the research and eliminate one of the 2 items I narrowed it down to whatever it may be.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:03 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Diego@vossen is sending me two replacement valve stems. He says it's possible a washer was mounted upside-down on the inside, and that it's supposed to be a particular orientation. Whatever the case, VOSSEN is standing behind their shorty valve stem solution, and that's pretty cool.

for VOSSEN customer service.
That's great that they're getting you taken care of in short order. Diego's a standup guy from all I've seen.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:12 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I see, thanks man... so while they're $100 more expensive than Eibachs, is there really a noticeable difference between those two worth spending extra $100 ? or Eibachs would do? Is there ride still somewhat comfortable or like a racekar? I know I know... quite some questions but I learned to do the research and eliminate one of the 2 items I narrowed it down to whatever it may be.
I have no complaints whatsoever with my Hotchkis sways. I have them on the stiffest setting and the handling is flat and the ride is comfortable. I don't know much about the Eibachs but I do know that I like very sporty and precise steering and handling. So for me, Hotchkis was worth the extra benjamin.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Mik3G37S

I have no complaints whatsoever with my Hotchkis sways. I have them on the stiffest setting and the handling is flat and the ride is comfortable. I don't know much about the Eibachs but I do know that I like very sporty and precise steering and handling. So for me, Hotchkis was worth the extra benjamin.
Ok! Awesome thanks a lot man, really helped me out there! How's that video of the nonresonated FI coming along? can't wait to hear it !

On the side note just updated my Build thread, any comments, questions, compliments are welcome It can be found in the link below.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...ld-thread.html

and while I was looking through my pictures I found those

20140426_173245 by Mik3G37S, on Flickr
Old 08-01-2014, 04:09 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

^^ No problem Mike! I can understand doing the research...like you, I do a lot of research and read endless threads and reviews in the shadows before committing to a decision. The exhaust was 4 years of research. I could have saved a lot of time. For the longest time, I wanted this Berk catback because it sounded so deep but I think Fast Intentions got me an even deeper tone so I am a happy driver! The Berk was not mentioned much and I believe was only made for the Coupe. Getting one done on the Sedan just wasn't going to happen because I can't ship my car off to California to get it fabbed and fitted.

Man, that's a beautiful site seeing all those sedans lined up like that!

I have not had a chance to make that video yet. Going to see if I can borrow my Dad's GoPro. I have a slight hiss in the exhaust that I want to get fixed as well before I make the video. I was going to do that Tuesday but by the time I got over to Jotech after work to pick up my stock mid-pipe, they didn't have a lift free and it was close to closing time. It's not readily apparent except under WOT conditions. So I may wait until we do the Uprev tune. It'll all depend on my work schedule, which has gotten a bit hectic with a lot of time required outside the office working remotely.

Last edited by twin_snails; 08-01-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Mik3G37S

^^ Man, that's a beautiful site seeing all those sedans lined up like that!

I have not had a chance to make that video yet. Going to see if I can borrow my Dad's GoPro. I have a slight hiss in the exhaust that I want to get fixed as well before I make the video. I was going to do that Tuesday but by the time I got over to Jotech after work to pick up my stock mid-pipe, they didn't have a lift free and it was close to closing time. It's not readily apparent except under WOT conditions. So I may wait until we do the Uprev tune. It'll all depend on my work schedule, which has gotten a bit hectic with a lot of time required outside the office working remotely.
Yeah it certainly is... It was the April Chat Thread Meet-up in PA. Unfortunately for me... my car went under the hammer and was at the dealer getting new 6MT trans and I had to bring the famous Circle Infiniti loaner car #11... alright whenever you get a chance then... but you do know that the hiss on these cars is normal? I don't know to what extent but that's what happens after slapping High flow cats on there , whether RHFCs or my Berk HFCs.

^^ No problem Mike! I can understand doing the research...like you, I do a lot of research and read endless threads and reviews in the shadows before committing to a decision. The exhaust was 4 years of research. I could have saved a lot of time. For the longest time, I wanted this Berk catback because it sounded so deep but I think Fast Intentions got me an even deeper tone so I am a happy driver!

http://youtu.be/-psZOLUCDbY
because of your ninja edit I had to do an edit as well ...

well I'm not always like that to take the longest to research something because when mod bug kicks in, it is really hard and then impatience doesn't help either but at this point I really wanted to narrow it down to one between the two (hotchkis and eibachs) but I will see what I end up getting regardless, I'm sure both make a damn huge improvement.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:21 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

LOL @ the famous Circle Infiniti #11 loan car!

Yes, I know some hiss is normal but I think the flanges on my cats to mid-pipe may not be lined up all the way. It's only slight but I saw that on the installation but was too excited to inquire about it but I do want to get that fixed because I'm a stickler.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Good old #11. She really stepped up and delivered.

I put my winter rim (duckfeet) on the front-drivers side while dealing with this valve stem issue. Won't be driving the car for a while until it's fixed. Can't imagine having 18x7.5" snows on the front would work well with 19x10" summers on the rear.

But boy does it look funny. And with the drop, the offset from the fender is absolutely ridiculous in comparison. I will definitely be buying spacers before winter comes and all 4 duckfeet go back on the car.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Mik3G37S

LOL @ the famous Circle Infiniti #11 loan car!

Yes, I know some hiss is normal but I think the flanges on my cats to mid-pipe may not be lined up all the way. It's only slight but I saw that on the installation but was too excited to inquire about it but I do want to get that fixed because I'm a stickler.
HAHA, ahh man all the fun people have made of me, fun times though.

I put my winter rim (duckfeet) on the front-drivers side while dealing with this valve stem issue. Won't be driving the car for a while until it's fixed. Can't imagine having 18x7.5" snows on the front would work well with 19x10" summers on the rear.

But boy does it look funny. And with the drop, the offset from the fender is absolutely ridiculous in comparison. I will definitely be buying spacers before winter comes and all 4 duckfeet go back on the car.
uhh I think you might be right with your original post that you just edited, It might have been #10... seems like you remember better than I do given you're twice my age and I was the one driving it for a week LOL
Old 08-01-2014, 04:27 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Yeah it certainly is... It was the April Chat Thread Meet-up in PA. Unfortunately for me... my car went under the hammer and was at the dealer getting new 6MT trans and I had to bring the famous Circle Infiniti loaner car #11... alright whenever you get a chance then... but you do know that the hiss on these cars is normal? I don't know to what extent but that's what happens after slapping High flow cats on there , whether RHFCs or my Berk HFCs.

because of your ninja edit I had to do an edit as well ...

well I'm not always like that to take the longest to research something because when mod bug kicks in, it is really hard and then impatience doesn't help either but at this point I really wanted to narrow it down to one between the two (hotchkis and eibachs) but I will see what I end up getting regardless, I'm sure both make a damn huge improvement.
LOL!!! Ninja edit! Yeah, I wasn't planning on doing an exhaust unless I found one that I REALLY liked and that's part of the reason it took so long. I liked the ARK Grip but didn't like the tips and how visible the Helmholtz resonator was in the back.

I definitely want spacers for my duckfeet as well. What size spacer do you think you'll go with John?
Old 08-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

uhh I think you might be right with your original post that you just edited, It might have been #10... seems like you remember better than I do given you're twice my age and I was the one driving it for a week LOL
I knew it was #10!! LOL

And don't knock age, Mike. Embrace it. Might as well... nothing you can do about it anyway.

I definitely want spacers for my duckfeet as well. What size spacer do you think you'll go with John?
I don't recall. Neglected to make note of the specifics last time I researched this. I believe there's a 5mm difference front-2-back when getting spacers for duckfeet. 10mm and 15mm, IIRC. Or maybe it's 15mm and 20mm?

If you do the research, please clue me in. Or post your findings here. Four months from now and counting... tick tock.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Rochester
Administrator

My Titanium Shift **** will be showing up next Monday. Of course, car isn't drive-able because of today's valve stem SNAFU, and I have to enlist the help of a buddy to get the OEM **** off. But still...

DOMO

Happy dance!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:01 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Mike I'll have to find the link but I don't think I paid anywhere near $400 for my Hotchkis sways. I got them from a place just outside of Philly. I would check with Adam as well, see what pricing he has and, if he'll price match you should be good to go. I just greased mine and changed the setting, do like.

I'll try to get into the storage area and check the company name.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Mik3G37S

I knew it was #10!! LOL

And don't knock age, Mike. Embrace it. Might as well... nothing you can do about it anyway.
Oh no dont get it the wrong way, me saying you're twice my age John, wasn't meant to be offensive at all... Good memory though

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread