Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Q50 Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:39 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
The new bose system is finally something we have that can compete with others such as harmon kardoon, bang olfsen etc. it has 3 10" subwoofers in the system, with 5 twiddlers and proper positioning for optimal sound. The actually built the interior around the system for proper placement.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the Q! Much appreciated.

I thought this was interesting. The V36 was designed the same way, but many still think the system is subpar (i, for one, like it.)
Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
In one of the videos I saw the accelerometer in the lower screen. What other goodies are new on that front?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
How were the driving dynamics and steering feel?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Excited to see it in person as well. Can't wait
Old 04-29-2013, 12:17 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice review.

I don't question the G/Q's ability when pushing it to the limit on track.

It's the DD ability that I'm concerned. Mainly the low rpm power delivery.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:11 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
SO the new steering system felt great, had the right amount of weight to it I felt. Nw I was not able to try different settings, so my settings were on he sportiest settings. However, my take on it is that it will be much better for dd, but not so much for track use as I can see where it might take away from really pushing the limits. Most owners never do that so i don't see it being an issue. On the street it will be great, especially those who live on the east coast with the lovely roads lol, mid turn bumps and grated roads will be no match for the electronic system

As far as the comment from someone saying "if this car is the same price as the BMW I will just get the BMW" Hey if you want to get a 4 cylinder car that has less tech, less quality in the materials, is slower, outdated all because it has a badge on it then hey, feel free he Q50 is still not going to touch the 335i price point, the closest being a loaded hybrid, which again will surpass the 335i tech, power, gas mileage etc. Once the Q50 comes out with our turbo 4, then you'll have your cheaper alternative.

Also to the gentleman who was talking about the S4, in all fairness, these 2 vehicles are vastly different. I do like the S4, nice interior, although not as comfortable, good looks even though a little plastic like in the front. The main difference would be size, the sitting space between the 2 cars are night and day really showing what they are meant for. You want a full on sports car that has leather go with the S4, you want a luxury car that is comfortable, spacious, fast(hybrid is a sub 5 sec 0-60) great interior thats feels rich, then you go with the Q50. I haver had an RS6 and an S5 so I am not against them, I just would't compare them. Also comparable s4 is over 60k
Old 04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
kaoticdemize

Originally Posted by kanariya
nice review.

I don't question the G/Q's ability when pushing it to the limit on track.

It's the DD ability that I'm concerned. Mainly the low rpm power delivery.
As I mentioned with the throttle inputs while driving normally, the lag is no longer there, and the transmission was much smoother at low poet delivery.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
kaoticdemize

Originally Posted by Black Betty
In one of the videos I saw the accelerometer in the lower screen. What other goodies are new on that front?
all the nifty performance information for the GTr is pulled over.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
all the nifty performance information for the GTr is pulled over.
So it can display all of this info???

Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM
kaoticdemize

torque gauges no, I don't think it had water temp, intake temp or catalyst temp. But yes to the rest
Old 04-29-2013, 03:28 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ yeah, those gauges are more critical for forced-induction cars anyhow. neat features on the other gauges though. my first car was an '84 jetta GLi (used, of course) with an oil temp, oil pressure, and voltmeter gauge package that was so cool back in the day.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM
thestumper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also to the gentleman who was talking about the S4, in all fairness, these 2 vehicles are vastly different. I do like the S4, nice interior, although not as comfortable, good looks even though a little plastic like in the front. The main difference would be size, the sitting space between the 2 cars are night and day really showing what they are meant for. You want a full on sports car that has leather go with the S4, you want a luxury car that is comfortable, spacious, fast(hybrid is a sub 5 sec 0-60) great interior thats feels rich, then you go with the Q50. I haver had an RS6 and an S5 so I am not against them, I just would't compare them. Also comparable s4 is over 60k
That would be me

Don't get me wrong - I'm liking the Q more and more, but 50+ really puts it in the thick of things. Edmunds has the street price of a 2013 S4 manual 'Prestige' without "drivers assist" at right around 52K (add $1400 for DSG). I'd have a REALLY hard time choosing between them and the Audi is... well... an Audi (for better and worse...). I guess that, selfishly, I want the Q to be the best car it can be, but at a price I can still afford/makes me feel like I stole it
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM
kaoticdemize

@ thestumper,

At 50k plus though you are looking at a lot of equipment, so if you go without the tech and make it compared to a prestige s4, then you would be at in the mid 50's. Package for package it will still be quite a bit lower. And therein lies the issue with the Infinti brand is people want all the stuff without paying for it lol. I would foresee Infiniti offering some incentives relatively close to release, maybe 6 months or so as this is for now the bread and butter. Btw a loaded a4 is up at 52k, so I would pick the s4 as well

Also keep in mind we will be maintaining our high resale values and reliability
Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Regarding the screens, you know I do honestly believe with the way that the aftermarket industry is, it might just be a simpler tune/flash/unlock before we can customize atleast one of them to our liking.

The touch interface is more likley based off of the Linux platform and those are easy to mod.

Just my .02 cents.

kaoticdemize, props to you for getting the chance to fly out to TX. My manager said he had a blast.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 PM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the review! Can't wait to drive it myself. Hopefully, the high residuals along with decent incentives will continue to keep the leasing attractive. The 3-series is leasing pretty well right now...

Quick Reply: 2014 Q50 Review