G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My G Got Rear Ended Again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I was rear ended going through a toll plaza, I called FHP and they responded about 30 minutes later. The damage was minmal and i wasn't hurt but the lady who hit me was acting suspicious so I called FHP. Good thing i did. She had a suspended license, and no insurance. The police did a driver exchange of information and printed it out for both of us. She was ticketed for careless driving, driving with a suspended license knowingly, and no proof of insurance. In most cases the act fault party would rather not get the police involved because they run the risk of getting a traffic sitation and points on their license.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
stanv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
Unless there is a law broken a traffic accident is only a civil issue...that's why the police don't do anything other than provide you the report and they file it for record.
That's actually the way it's always been...in the past Police may have filled it out while you gave them the information, but today they are so busy with too many other issues. For a civil issue they don't have to do anything other than provide you the form.
I RARELY see cops doing anything but raiding the local food spots around the precinct. Ignorant comment but true.

They are required to come to the scene of the accident. Their job is "to regulate safety". They can spend 15 minutes of their busy eating time to write up a report.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:00 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stanv
I RARELY see cops doing anything but raiding the local food spots around the precinct. Ignorant comment but true.

They are required to come to the scene of the accident. Their job is "to regulate safety". They can spend 15 minutes of their busy eating time to write up a report.

Surely you don't seriously think that's all cops do?