Sponsored by:

My 2011 G37-S (Tastefully modded)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by jorwick
Looking good. I have always loved black on white. You should get a bbk or paint your calipers some accent color because they would really pop under your wheels.
Really? Because he has the Akebono brake package. So how much bigger should his BBK get?

Name:  hjkj.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  103.2 KB

Originally Posted by blnewt
Paint the headlights black and tint the tails too and it'll be a full-on WIN! (At least IMHO)
What the heck... just paint the whole car black. Then a few years from now, start painting select pieces white, and eventually come back around where you started when taking delivery on the car. (Honestly, newt, I can't tell if you're joking or serious.)

OP, all this attention to trim pieces in stark contrast to the white paint, I have to ask what you're doing under the hood. Let's see a picture where you're going with the engine bay.

Last edited by Rochester; 07-17-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:28 PM
jorwick

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
WOW. There are plenty of people who get aftermarket BBK even when they start with Akebono's to do something different or even better.

If you read what I was refering to in this particular case anyway was to get some color on there and there are very few and far between aftermarket kits in the oem silver color that every sport Infiniti comes with.

Wasn't really expecting someone who didn't even own the thread to point out the obvious that he has Akebonos and hate on my suggestion.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Wow! The G is looken super clean
Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by jorwick
WOW. There are plenty of people who get aftermarket BBK even when they start with Akebono's to do something different or even better.

If you read what I was refering to in this particular case anyway was to get some color on there and there are very few and far between aftermarket kits in the oem silver color that every sport Infiniti comes with.

Wasn't really expecting someone who didn't even own the thread to point out the obvious that he has Akebonos and hate on my suggestion.
No, it's a fair question. The OP already has a fantastic looking big brake kit. The OEM Akebono calipers on the RWD Sport Package are gorgeous. So how much bigger should his BBK get?

You know, I may not choose to do many (or any) of these visual mods, because I have a different opinion about what works with regards to tasteful aesthetics, but I still respect the car. If he wants to do things to his car that I wouldn't do, that's fine. And if I want to articulate why I disagree with those decisions, that's fine too.

Sheesh. Sensitive much? Tone it down, champ. Your tossing that "hate" phrase around a little indiscriminately.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
What the heck... just paint the whole car black. Then a few years from now, start painting select pieces white, and eventually come back around where you started when taking delivery on the car. (Honestly, newt, I can't tell if you're joking or serious.)
I'm totally serious, I know you're liking a few black accents here & there to go w/ your G and it looks nice. With what the OP has done the headlights & tails like I suggested would go well, again IMHO, maybe not to your liking but I think it would look tasty Having the body white is enough white out there
Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I'm totally serious, I know you're liking a few black accents here & there to go w/ your G and it looks nice. With what the OP has done the headlights & tails like I suggested would go well, again IMHO, maybe not to your liking but I think it would look tasty Having the body white is enough white out there
Watching what other people do certainly has influence. For example, I've been planning on re-creating the Midnight Grille by painting the inside area gloss black, leaving the chrome perimeter. But this thread has me thinking maybe I should go with flat black.

So it's all good.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Real nice looking car OP. I had a 2004 G35, it was ivory pearl with black wheels. So of course in liking this. It's like an updated, nicer version.

Plus you can beat a 2008 M3 with this thing. It's true I read it on the Internet somewhere.

Seriously though nice ride.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:04 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice work!

What is your unfiltered opinion about how the eibach spring/19" wheel combo rides on real roads? Are you running oem sport shocks?

Peace
Old 07-18-2012, 08:38 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Watching what other people do certainly has influence. For example, I've been planning on re-creating the Midnight Grille by painting the inside area gloss black, leaving the chrome perimeter. But this thread has me thinking maybe I should go with flat black.

So it's all good.
How 'bout this for the lights~
Name:  gen273.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  120.6 KB

Sorry OP, back to your car now
Old 07-18-2012, 09:12 AM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks very clean man. Nice job.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Wow, now that's a unique look. The murdered grille, not so much and not so good. But the headlights... cool, weird, creative, unusual, interesting. All those words.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
It reminds me of the Vette, how the inserts are color-matched to the body. But, with a white and black car, contrasting is the best. You got the roof, grille, chrome pillar, trunk spoiler, wheels and tints.

I think the headlights would look best black, but a dark chrome black color rather than flat black. Much like the G37 Coupe headlights. If anything, a white accent line within the headlight will compliment the theme, but thats about it.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:58 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
You've turned your car into an Oreo. Personally I think you went beyond tasteful into full-on obviously modded. But hey, its' a hobby, and it's your car.

I am digging what you did with your exhaust. Keeping the stock cans, but going with Berk HFC's and the Megan y-pipe. What's this Grimspeed Converter you referenced?

Is this the y-pipe you bought? -- G37 Down-pipe

What's the fitment like for this Y-pipe up to the Berks and the OEM piping at the back side?
What made you want to go that extra mile with the y-pipe? Any particular thread catch your interest with that info? I'd like to hear your thinking on the ypipe.

And IDK about orange and black. What can I say, man? You didn't lay down thread rules that it only be a love fest, and I'm not feeling the chromeless Oreo thing. It is what it is. Don't sweat it, you got a great car there.
Really? Because he has the Akebono brake package. So how much bigger should his BBK get?

OP, all this attention to trim pieces in stark contrast to the white paint, I have to ask what you're doing under the hood. Let's see a picture where you're going with the engine bay.
No, it's a fair question. The OP already has a fantastic looking big brake kit. The OEM Akebono calipers on the RWD Sport Package are gorgeous. So how much bigger should his BBK get?

You know, I may not choose to do many (or any) of these visual mods, because I have a different opinion about what works with regards to tasteful aesthetics, but I still respect the car. If he wants to do things to his car that I wouldn't do, that's fine. And if I want to articulate why I disagree with those decisions, that's fine too.

Sheesh. Sensitive much? Tone it down, champ. Your tossing that "hate" phrase around a little indiscriminately.

So it's all good.
Wow, now that's a unique look. The murdered grille, not so much and not so good. But the headlights... cool, weird, creative, unusual, interesting. All those words.
Rochester, you need to tone it down. No one is asking you to turn this thread into a love fest but at the same time, there's a way to state your opinion in a constructive non-offensive manner.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Rochester, you need to tone it down. No one is asking you to turn this thread into a love fest but at the same time, there's a way to state your opinion in a constructive non-offensive manner.
When people anoint their efforts as "Tastefully Modded", that kind of audacity should be able to hold its own against criticism. Having a MW 6MT Sedan myself, I'm looking at these things in the context of my own car, and "tasteful" is not a word I'd use here.

I think my comments were pretty tame, particularly after you listed them all like that. But in the end, you're the mod, Sam. And it's not a democracy... I get that. These are the rules of the road.

Carry on, and unsubscribed.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 PM
King_Stee

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke
Agreed.

Nicely modded though. Next best color on the Sedan. If possible can you put up a clip of your exhaust setup?

Thanks much!
Sure! I'll try and do that this weekend at autocon.. It sounds clean though, no rasp and deep tone.
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Wow! The G is looken super clean
Thanks!
Originally Posted by ashmostro
Nice work!

What is your unfiltered opinion about how the eibach spring/19" wheel combo rides on real roads? Are you running oem sport shocks?

Peace
Honestly the ride is great and still smooth...As opposed to my old 2005 STI (which my girlfriend hated because it was so bumpy lol) the drop is perfect for street driving (which I do alot of) .. Even in downtown LA area driving the potholes don't phase the car. It's on oem shocks.

Sorry OP, back to your car now
That looks interesting lol hmmmm

When people anoint their efforts as "Tastefully Modded", that kind of audacity should be able to hold its own against criticism. Having a MW 6MT Sedan myself, I'm looking at these things in the context of my own car, and "tasteful" is not a word I'd use here.

I think my comments were pretty tame, particularly after you listed them all like that. But in the end, you're the mod, Sam. And it's not a democracy... I get that. These are the rules of the road.

Carry on, and unsubscribed.
Tasteful can mean many things to different people, if it isn't your ''taste'' that's fine man and I'm open to opinions and constructive criticism! Save the drama though guys geeze lol

Quick Reply: My 2011 G37-S (Tastefully modded)