Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchased my G37x today

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Link20

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G37CPA
Dream on. No dealer is going to give you a coupe for the price of the sedan. And depending on the length of your loan, how much you put down, or your lease term, $100/mo more for a coupe sounds reasonable. There is a $5k price difference between coupe and sedan, bro.
Should I keep dreaming?

Got the coupe yesterday, hated the sedan... Coupe cost me 10 dollars more per month for a lease, that is because I had to extend the lease from 18 to 36 months
Old 07-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Rocket Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Link20
Should I keep dreaming?

Got the coupe yesterday, hated the sedan... Coupe cost me 10 dollars more per month for a lease, that is because I had to extend the lease from 18 to 36 months
Well, that is hardly an apples-to-apples comparison but as long as you are happy that is all that matters!!

RJ
Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Link20
Should I keep dreaming?

only because you doubled your lease terms. if you kept it at 18 mths, then yes, you would have to keep dreaming.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:46 AM
alanz
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 00Max00
Drive it hard as you stole it for the first 3000 miles, that should take care of the break-in for you.
Exactly! ECU will adapt to your driving behavior and your throttle will response better after.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
bitNine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did more of a "motoman" break-in to my car, as I got it with 7 miles when I took it for a test drive. I spent the first few drives getting the car hot, and pushing the revs below 5k. Then after a few drives, I started pushing closer to redline, and never stopped. The engine runs very rich when it's brand new, and I actually had the car flood itself right after I got it home. I had been sitting at idle for a few, turned it off and on a couple times, then moved it 20 feet to my garage, then when I went to start it again, it was misfiring and going nuts. Immediately called the dealer, and the guy said to start it and step on it. Definitely flooded because of no CEL. coming on. It went away, and NEVER happened again. Car had like 50 miles on it, now it's got almost 20k.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Vini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket Jockey
Ahhh, gotcha. Wheels obviously come in different widths. Depending on the look you are after, that will determine "all the numbers" I refereneced. Most people like to have the wheels flush with the fenders for a clean look..... This is a pic of a fellow board members sedan that is pretty flush, just fills the wheel well nicely. Offset is the number that indicates how the wheel will sit in relation to the hub....extended closer to the fender or sunken further in.... Do some reading and look at all the pics to figure out the look you are after.

The VMR V170's (not the wheels in the pic above), 8.5" wide with a 35 offset were just a suggestion that would get you new rims ($1000) and tires close to your $1500 budget that would be a square set-up (same all around) that would sit fairly flush with no poking out and no need to run negative camber to fit.....conservative but nice fitment. I went with this set-up after a lot of looking.

Lowering is a personal choice, Swift Springs make a set of lowering springs just for the "X" models, mild drop but it make a big difference in appearance and does help the handling a bit. BTW - Install of springs on the X is super simple. Most people here will encourage you to drop it for the proper look and sometimes to allow more negative camber to tuck a more aggressive width/offset wheel. Still greek?? Just read everything you can and you will get it......or ask.

As far as exhaust, I think mine sounds good as is. It is my daily driver so quiet is good but it does growl when i step on it. Yours may get a little more aggressive with a few miles on it. There are always aftermarket options too.

RJ
This is my ride and the wheels are for sale...check the classifieds you can get both my rims and new tires for about $1500
Old 07-18-2012, 12:20 PM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vini
This is my ride and the wheels are for sale...check the classifieds you can get both my rims and new tires for about $1500
My tail bone hurts just looking at those short sidewalls. You best avoid any serious potholes, road debris, or bumps to save your back.