G37 Sedan

its alive!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:56 AM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation its alive!!!

Hey everyone. Been noticing this for a few months and i cant seem to figure out why.
Only happens when im on the highway but the car moves left...like seriously. Doesnt jerk but if i let go of the steering wheel ill be in the left lane within a few seconds. Stealership did a balance rotation yaddy ya on it but hasnt changed a thing besides making my wallet lighter.
Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:01 AM
tomro99

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
when is the last time you had an alignment done?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
it's either an alignment issue or tramlining
Old 03-28-2012, 09:04 AM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
If the car was in an offset collision, the body might have bent, no amount of alignment will correct that.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:02 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Hey everyone. Been noticing this for a few months and i cant seem to figure out why.
Only happens when im on the highway but the car moves left...like seriously. Doesnt jerk but if i let go of the steering wheel ill be in the left lane within a few seconds. Stealership did a balance rotation yaddy ya on it but hasnt changed a thing besides making my wallet lighter.
I had a problem like yours on another brand car. I cross switched the front tires and it pulled in the opposite direction. I then switched the fronts to the backs and the problem went away.
The tire dealership thought that one of the belts had broke inside the tire, causing the car to pull when it was on the front. I ran the bad tire on the rear for another 10,000 miles without a problem until I was ready for a new set.
Tom
Old 03-28-2012, 11:00 PM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Having a similar problem even after 2 4-wheel alignments. Prolly a tire problem for me and sounds like it might be a tire problem for you as well. Maybe a wheel is bent from hitting a curb or perhaps body damage from a previous accident like 00MAX00 suggested.

I would check tires first though and then wheels. Hope this helps!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 AM
pdpMIATA

No body damage on this baby. Ill admit to hitting the curb a few times so i went and got it aligned. Since its the 6mt i cant rotate the tires considering theyre staggered. Stealership did an alignment for me and it hasnt helped.

Maybe a bent rim? I def hit a.pothole or two with her

Trending Topics

Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Bent rim or had tire. Swap the front wheels and see if you pull in the other direction?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:08 PM
pdpMIATA

Originally Posted by efuseakay
Bent rim or had tire. Swap the front wheels and see if you pull in the other direction?
was thinking of doing that. im gonna go to infiniti again and see if theyll fix it this time for sure. if not, ill try swapping the tires myself if they object to do so
Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 AM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Insist that the dealer fix the problem, or go to the regional Infiniti rep and demand action.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:27 PM
ej19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
I have an 09 sedan, does the same pull to the left. Last oil change (three days ago) had an alignment done. Problem is maybe 80% corrected but the wheel still pulls left and it seems the steering is heavier when making a right turn vs a left turn.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM
pdpMIATA

Originally Posted by ej19
I have an 09 sedan, does the same pull to the left. Last oil change (three days ago) had an alignment done. Problem is maybe 80% corrected but the wheel still pulls left and it seems the steering is heavier when making a right turn vs a left turn.

Yeah idk. dealership AGAIN said nothing is wrong with it. I told the service technician to take a ride with me on their nearby test-drive route. I let go of the wheel and it OBVIOUSLY moves left, never right. Guy looks at me, shrugs and says, seems normal to me.
Time to change dealership...such a pita..