Sponsored by:

My Recent Mods on my G37 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:20 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
That's what I heard too. It's too bad...i was looking for an alternative to drilling into my trunk with the OEM one.
Sniper, just installed the OEM w/out drilling the outer trunk holes and w/ the double sided tape and 4 inner bolts it's very solidly mounted. I had the push clips ready but wanted to see if I could avoid drilling outside the original chrome lip area and PRESTO, It's not going anywhere. Here's the link to that thread w/ fresh pics.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...on-ebay-3.html

Sorry OP for the thread derail~realy like what you've done w/ your red G, those wheels are perfect on there~sporty & classy, nice job!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:49 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bo2point0
Finally someone who thinks it looks dumb to have a rim wider than the tires.

I'm not alone
Add me to the list.

Mobe, cars looks really good. I'm digging the rims and the drop.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Sniper, just installed the OEM w/out drilling the outer trunk holes and w/ the double sided tape and 4 inner bolts it's very solidly mounted. I had the push clips ready but wanted to see if I could avoid drilling outside the original chrome lip area and PRESTO, It's not going anywhere. Here's the link to that thread w/ fresh pics.

Sorry OP for the thread derail~realy like what you've done w/ your red G, those wheels are perfect on there~sporty & classy, nice job!
hmmm...interesting. i might consider that. wish that seller had the camera option though. that's a great deal.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 AM
mobe
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
can you get better pics of the spoiler? different angles and closeup of the fitment? thx.
I'll do so when I get my ride out of service next week, cause its gonna take few days to finish 100k service.... Btw that's (100,000 km) service and not miles... Lol
Old 12-22-2011, 12:11 AM
mobe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by J2S2M
Keep in mind that w/ this spoiler, you do lose some visibility in the rearview camera b/c the spoiler sticks out quite a bit. You can see through the camera still but you lose some visibility in the edges. Also, the button will be sucken in a little bit too.

Just giving you the heads up.

-------------------------------

OP your car looks very clean. Love what you did so far. Keep up the good work!
Yes u do lose some visibility, but it's not bad as you think. I can still everything I need to see without hitting anything. The button for the rear trunk is sucked in, but again it's no big deal...spoiler looks nice and and everything works properly...
Old 12-22-2011, 12:12 AM
mobe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt

All good bro... We are all here to help each other...
Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 AM
mobe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
I'm another non-fan of red, but that aside I'm diggin the look of your G!
Where I live, most cars here are either black,white or grey. And when you get a car wash, by the time you drive 10ft out it gets dusty... So it was either white and that hides all the dust, but never been a fan of it or get something else... I've always loved red on cars (depending on model) so I went with it cause it's rare hear and it really sticks out in the crowd... I must say there are only a hands full of red G in this country... So it's all good... RED FTW...
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
how were the sideskirts fitting wise? the ones they sent me were horrible, i had to send em back
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 AM
mobe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dj farhan
how were the sideskirts fitting wise? the ones they sent me were horrible, i had to send em back

What i heard that the new skirts are better than the ones they made before. They were are perfect fit, but on the one side I had to do minor adjustments... Otherwise it's all good
Old 01-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

so should i get the new set then?
Old 01-14-2012, 04:56 AM
mobe
Registered Member

so should i get the new set then?
Yeah go for it... There were 4 of us here in Dubai that ordered them and they all seem good fit...
Old 01-14-2012, 05:20 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

hmmmm, ok, fingers crossed...here we go again
Old 01-17-2012, 02:21 AM
mobe
Registered Member

hmmmm, ok, fingers crossed...here we go again
Good luck bro... Show some pix when you get them installed
Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

^ the email i got:

Hello farhan,
My name is jaime and I'm in charge of the customer service. I see that you ordered one set of these side skirts in the pass but you returned them because they didn't fit well.. we also offert to you to fix or exchange those sets for free but you wanted a refund.

When we recieved these set, we test them and yes, they had a small issue but we fixed them and sell to another customer.
Don't take me wrong but if the body shop could't fix a small issue like this.. I dont why they call body shops (small or big shop)

We are trying the best to have all parts fitting well, but sometimes can be need some minor modification, or the customer can just send back to us for an exchange.

you were the only person who complained about the side skirts, the other customers are happy.

I can sell you one set, the price is $320 + $100 shipping any where within the US.

Please review the disclaimer before any purcharse, since the parts are made to order we don't make refunds, only exchanges (if the part has some issue)

AUTO KITS X

Let me know, if you are interested.

Thanks,
Jaime
needless to say, i am all set.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:46 PM
mobe
Registered Member

Good luck bro... Show some pix when you get them...
The following users liked this post:
buffalog37x (02-22-2014)

Quick Reply: My Recent Mods on my G37 Sedan