G37 Sedan

OEM Package and option compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:00 AM
NewbernD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Package and option compatibility

I searched but did not find anything conclusive. I have driven a G37 and have gotten as far as stacking up options on the website. I am contemplating a G37xS with all packages (tech, premium, sport, NAV, Performance wheel, accents package)

With the exception of the IPL the wheel choices are a little bleak. I dislike the look of the 7 spoke wheels the least out of what is available. They are available in the Performance Tire and Wheel package however it seems that it is not available with the sport or tech package. Really? They are just wheels, right? Same dimensions. Is there a good reason or something that the dealer can overcome?

Also, I would like the Aerodynamic kit with the chin spoiler and the side skirts. Not available with the Tech package. Again, is there a good reason or do I need to just order parts and install it after purchase?

thanks for your thoughts. Hoping to be a G37 driver soon.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:08 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
if you get the regular S, it comes with the sport wheels in 18x7.5 front and 18x8.5 rear. If you get the xS, it comes with performance wheels in 18x7.5 all around. X does not run staggered setup.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:15 AM
jorwick

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
^ Correct on the wheels because you are comparing all wheel drive to not.

For the aero kit and wheels just go aftermarket if you want. You can definitely still get the oem aero kit after the fact and if you are going to be paying for Infiniti wheels as a stand alone option you definitely have a bigger world open if you are willing to get rims aftermarket.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:02 PM
NewbernD

Understood. Thanks guys. That makes sense. I'll worry about it later.

Just got an email back from the sales puke. He says the chin spoiler can create a reflection with the front laser from the intelligent cruise control in the tech package. Guess this sounds reasonable. We'll see.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:36 PM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have performance wheels (non-sport, non-x unit) and get compliments on them. I feel no need to spend money for another set of wheels.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:50 PM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by NewbernD
He says the chin spoiler can create a reflection with the front laser from the intelligent cruise control in the tech package. Guess this sounds reasonable. We'll see.
Why do you need the intelligent cruise control?? If a car ahead of you slows down, you just floor it and pass it. This car is not meant to safely trail another vehicle. It belongs in the front.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:28 PM
hollywhip

Originally Posted by G37CPA
I have performance wheels (non-sport, non-x unit) and get compliments on them. I feel no need to spend money for another set of wheels.
I agree I don't know the problem is with the OEM wheels I think the 7 spokers look good on the Sedan. But I do have to admit I like the coupe rims better. Some of the aftermarket rims I've seen on this forum are Fugly IMO as apposed to the stock rims especially anything in black or powder coated Fugly But I guess like anything else to each his own.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 PM
NewbernD

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Why do you need the intelligent cruise control?? If a car ahead of you slows down, you just floor it and pass it. This car is not meant to safely trail another vehicle. It belongs in the front.
Yaaaawn.. Every car is something different to everyone. This is no M3 or AMG. I need this car to be a responsive sedan that is comfortable on long family drives as well as peppy around town.. I have an RX-7 for when I want to be a bad-*** or for track days.

Originally Posted by hollywhip
I agree I don't know the problem is with the OEM wheels I think the 7 spokers look good on the Sedan. But I do have to admit I like the coupe rims better. Some of the aftermarket rims I've seen on this forum are Fugly IMO as apposed to the stock rims especially anything in black or powder coated Fugly But I guess like anything else to each his own.
I agree with your assessment on much of the aftermarket wheel trend. I am just not so keen on what is available OEM for the X. It's not going to stop me from buying one and I won't be rushing out to replace them, just not my cup of tea.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:31 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I dig the sport wheels on the XS...
Old 06-25-2011, 10:08 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^those are pretty dope.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:42 AM
sawatkins

Originally Posted by NewbernD
Yaaaawn.. Every car is something different to everyone. This is no M3 or AMG. I need this car to be a responsive sedan that is comfortable on long family drives as well as peppy around town.. I have an RX-7 for when I want to be a bad-*** or for track days.

I agree with your assessment on much of the aftermarket wheel trend. I am just not so keen on what is available OEM for the X. It's not going to stop me from buying one and I won't be rushing out to replace them, just not my cup of tea.
I have the adaptive cruise control and think it is well worth the extra money. It is one of my favorite features. It definitely makes traveling a lot more safe and enjoyable. It has spoiled me and now I despise driving cars with standard cruise control.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:42 AM
zoner

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Ditto, those "intelligent" cruise controls drive me crazy. Waste of money. You have to stay in front just to get clean air so the crappy paint doesn't get nicked.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:01 AM
4drScreamer

The point of aftermarket wheels is to create a unique look that sets your car apart from others. If all your looking for is stock options, then why bother. There are many after market wheels that look way better than any of the stock options. IMHO of course.

I would have no idea why Infiniti packages the various options together the way they do. I especially don't understand why you can't mix and match at least exterior, easily exchangable body components together. I get why you wouldn't mix and match technology, nav, premium, etc packages. That would be a PITA to manage.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:05 PM
jorwick

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
Totally agree you can take aftermarket wheels in any direction you want and it is just gives you more options if that is what you are looking for. You can pick something that fits the clean look you are going for and if you really want something from Infiniti I'll sell you my 9 spokes from my LE way cheaper than Infiniti will
Old 06-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Some wheels may not have clearence for the sport break calipers.

Quick Reply: OEM Package and option compatibility