G37 Sedan

Dashboard creaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Dashboard creaking

Does anyone else get this? It comes from the drivers side windshield/dash area. Im getting annoyed and cant figure out what is making noise!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:52 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
yes. took it to the dealer and they said they put some insulation in the area. it is a little better, but still get it once in a while. I also have a slight rattle somewhere in the passenger side door. and the infamous rear deck rattle. And i thought my Audi was bad with rattles.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:48 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The most problematic area for me was the gauge cluster around the buttons on the top-left side. I know a lot of people had issues with it peeling up. Mine did not do that, but it rattled like crazy. My dealer replaced the entire gauge cluster which would have been great if they wouldn't have completely jacked up my steering wheel alignment.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:24 PM
sniper27

can't they fix the steering wheel alignment? my was out of alignment at delivery and it was an easy fix.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Morrissey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my dash rattles at P side windshield. i jammed a magazine down there and it stopped. will address at next visit. list gets longer.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
zoner

no rattles or defects, flawless
Old 05-26-2011, 04:47 PM
jran76

Originally Posted by sniper27
can't they fix the steering wheel alignment? my was out of alignment at delivery and it was an easy fix.
Yeah, you would think it would be easy, but not for them for whatever reason. They tried a couple of times, and it just ended up being off in the other direction (not as bad, but still off by a couple of degrees). I was headed out of the country and did not want to leave my car there for 2 weeks, so I just gave up. I ended up just taking it to my alignment shop when I got back and had them resolve the issue during my alignment. I needed an alignment anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

The service manager wanted me to come back after I complained on my survey, but I was pretty tired of dealing with them at that point. Overall, I am pretty disappointed in the service department at this dealership, and would rather not deal with them if I don't have to. They pretty much mess something up on my car any time they touch it (dented front bumper, scratched tint, scratched bumper, A/C sensor hose disconnected, dinged kickplate, over-charging, etc.). I really like my sales guy there, but there service and parts are way too expensive for the crappy service they provide.

I see you have an Audi.... I am seriously thinking about getting rid of my car and going with an S4.... I have a Q7 now, and I may be ready to move on from the Infiniti (this is my second G, and fourth Nissan product in a row).
Old 05-26-2011, 05:01 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
havent had any creaks or rattles in mine yet. although ive only had it for a month lol.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:13 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
just turn the radio up then you wont hear it.lol..no problems with mine
Old 05-26-2011, 06:53 PM
sniper27

Originally Posted by jran76
Yeah, you would think it would be easy, but not for them for whatever reason. They tried a couple of times, and it just ended up being off in the other direction (not as bad, but still off by a couple of degrees). I was headed out of the country and did not want to leave my car there for 2 weeks, so I just gave up. I ended up just taking it to my alignment shop when I got back and had them resolve the issue during my alignment. I needed an alignment anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

The service manager wanted me to come back after I complained on my survey, but I was pretty tired of dealing with them at that point. Overall, I am pretty disappointed in the service department at this dealership, and would rather not deal with them if I don't have to. They pretty much mess something up on my car any time they touch it (dented front bumper, scratched tint, scratched bumper, A/C sensor hose disconnected, dinged kickplate, over-charging, etc.). I really like my sales guy there, but there service and parts are way too expensive for the crappy service they provide.

I see you have an Audi.... I am seriously thinking about getting rid of my car and going with an S4.... I have a Q7 now, and I may be ready to move on from the Infiniti (this is my second G, and fourth Nissan product in a row).
S4. that's a whole different beast. I have to say, I love the Infiniti, but it's no where near the driving experience of the Audi. Sure, the G has more power than the A6 3.0T, but I don't have to rev it up pass 4000 rpm in the Audi to get the full power and torque. And the overall handling and solid feeling of the Audi with Quattro (or other Euros such as BMW) is unmatched. Q7 is beautiful, but S4 is fun.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:53 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Hm seems to be a common issue.. And yes i get the rear deck and driver door rattles too but they arent as bad as the dashboard. The bad thing is it happens once in a while so i cant even show it to my useless dealer.. Not that they would even succesfully fix it.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zoner
no rattles or defects, flawless
Either you got the only one, or you need to have your hearing checked.

I have a few noises from time to time, but it's not anywhere NEAR as bad as my IS350 was. I was forever chasing squeaks and rattles in that car from beginning to end of ownership (4 years).
Old 05-29-2011, 07:29 PM
zoner

Like I said flawless. Guess it makes up for the dealer experience I had.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:56 PM
G37NC

I will say mine has more noticeable creaks & rattles in the cold months although nothing that makes me regret my purchase. During the hot summer, I rarely hear any type of rattles or creaks, probably because the material softens with the heat. As an earlier poster said, my biggest rattle was in the passenger door. But now that it's hot, it's gone away.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chuckie311
just turn the radio up then you wont hear it.lol..no problems with mine
Lol that makes my bass rattle even worse!

Quick Reply: Dashboard creaking