G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler: Anyone possibly interested in splitting cost for CF trunk from Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 12:03 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Feeler: Anyone possibly interested in splitting cost for CF trunk from Challenge

Since there is a lack of available parts for the sedans, I was wondering if anyone was interested in possibly helping to getting Challenge USA to commission a trunk for the 07-current sedans? This is what they told me when I asked about it: "It would be roughly $1800 to make and design the master part, $2000-2500 for the mold, and $1800-2500 for the trunk depending on the design and if you want full carbon or not." I'm trying to see if anyone else would be down cause it would be cheaper to get multiple ppl involved in this process than me shell out 6 grand myself and no else have the availability of getting the same part. As far as time range, if I have to pay for it all myself, I'm getting it done in late winter, early spring. If anyone is open to throwing down to get this done, I'll get it whenever. Just thought I would give all the sedan owners a heads up. For those of you that don't really know Challenge, they make a very good product for the M3's ranging from lips to trunks. They also have the ability to do double sided cf trunks. Their parts fit with no problems when they do it.

I also contacted Vorsteiner/Ventross for the same thing, they have a 18 month backup.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 PM
wzupdoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
Since there is a lack of available parts for the sedans, I was wondering if anyone was interested in possibly helping to getting Challenge USA to commission a trunk for the 07-current sedans? This is what they told me when I asked about it: "It would be roughly $1800 to make and design the master part, $2000-2500 for the mold, and $1800-2500 for the trunk depending on the design and if you want full carbon or not." I'm trying to see if anyone else would be down cause it would be cheaper to get multiple ppl involved in this process than me shell out 6 grand myself and no else have the availability of getting the same part. As far as time range, if I have to pay for it all myself, I'm getting it done in late winter, early spring. If anyone is open to throwing down to get this done, I'll get it whenever. Just thought I would give all the sedan owners a heads up. For those of you that don't really know Challenge, they make a very good product for the M3's ranging from lips to trunks. They also have the ability to do double sided cf trunks. Their parts fit with no problems when they do it.

I also contacted Vorsteiner/Ventross for the same thing, they have a 18 month backup.

Who would have the say on the design?
I'm thinking something like this may be pretty cool but it may be at the top of production quote:

Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i know i was looking for something similar to their design for the e90/e92 bmw's

Old 05-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Strafe Automotive is releasing a carbon trunk for 2nd gen sedans. There's a thread on it at G35Driver.com.