G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its official....I will NEVER purchase another Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 11:31 AM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yup, another Houston G37 owner here. Try Southwest Infiniti or Clear Lake Infiniti (same owner). West Houston Infiniti is BAD, from sales to service. This is from my personal experience.

However, I am surprised that Sewell Inifniti was not willing to help you out. I've always heard good things about them.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:32 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CougarRed
As another Houston G owner, I've purchased two Infinitis (2004 G35, 2010 G37) and would not hesitate to purchase a 3rd. I love my G37 - it's the best car I've ever owned (others include a 1994 540i and a 2001 Lexus GS430).

Sorry you've had a bad experience.
I've had my G for a year and put almost 10,000 miles on it. So far it has ran perfect.
My only minor complaints are the sensitivity of the smart key, which tends to open the trunk when I don't want it open. The headrest being too close to my head, which is how all the newer cars seem to be and the auto air conditioning is the worse I can recall. I'm constantly adjusting the temperature, something I just set and forget on my other cars.
I also have owned a 540i and traded it for a GS 430. The 540i was the most trouble some car I have owned and I have owned quite a few cars.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:41 AM
jarena2104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bro i got the 5at 2007 sedan and i had the same problem, went to the dealership 3 times for total bs exscuses but then on the last visit i got the new transmission installed. safe to say no more problems. def need a new trans but again you have the 7at
Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Read a similar thread on a Toyota forum. Whenever someone gets pissed at the treatment they get (or with a problem that isn't fixed), they tend to alienate the brand altogether. Ironically, with that kind of attitude, there's a good chance you'll be riding a bicycle after a while because there are complaints about all car companies.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:00 PM
bitNine

I had a similar issue with my old car, and I ended up having to get an attorney after the corporate people told me basically the same thing. There is a document that you are to fill out and send to Infinity before attempting legal action, to give them one last chance to fix the issue. After I got an attorney, people were flying out from Japan to look at my car within a few days. Needless to say, there we settled and I'm not allowed to disclose the details. My car was also fixed.

Read up on lemon laws, and PM me if you'd like the name of the attorneys I used. They work on contingency if they feel they can win your case.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:30 PM
tyduong
Registered Member

Before I purchased a g37 is saw this CPO g35 at Sewell. The sales manager there was very rude to my father and talked down to us the entire time. Eventually I found a good deal at Clear Lake in a brand new g37. I cannot, however, comment about the service staff. I have not had any problems with my g37 thus far. GL with your future services.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by bitNine
I had a similar issue with my old car, and I ended up having to get an attorney after the corporate people told me basically the same thing. There is a document that you are to fill out and send to Infinity before attempting legal action, to give them one last chance to fix the issue. After I got an attorney, people were flying out from Japan to look at my car within a few days. Needless to say, there we settled and I'm not allowed to disclose the details. My car was also fixed.

Read up on lemon laws, and PM me if you'd like the name of the attorneys I used. They work on contingency if they feel they can win your case.
Wow, you really have to lawyer up. I'd get docunebtation from the dealerships that they cn repro the issue in the tsb also.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lodge your Complaint directly with Infiniti Regional Office. I did in the NE. I am one of the many posts concerning the shi__y 7 AT. The regional office has asked me to deal directly with the Service Manager of my dealership. But as I have had the TSB applied in January 2011 (i have a 2010 G37X), and brought it back to continue with my complaints of the Lagging and hesitiation as well as some poor shifting at various times under various conditions, the results are Unsatisfactory. Hell, 2 days after I took possession of the car, I called my Saleslady and wanted to return the car. I had a 07 G35X, The Best Car I ever Had!. Infiniti has ruined this car with the 7 AT - all for mileage gains over their entire fleet. I'm scheduled to go for a ride with the Service Manager tomorrow morning, but I know, there is nothing they are able to do. At my first complaint, the Service Advisor (which btw, this dealership in White Plains, NY has been terrific over the years with my 07 and now with my 10), told me: It Is What It Is....and then in January they came out with the TSB which was supposed to address the major issue of Gear Hunting & lagging with some abrupt downshifts... You can read the Thread on the Transmissions, it's 55 pages long.

Anyway, go to Infiniti - all of you with this complaint should - and log it in. Maybe they will come up with another adjustment or enhancement that will get this Torque Converter to behave better. But with the Japanese disaster - that's not their priority I'm afraid.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:56 PM
CougarRed

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
I also have owned a 540i and traded it for a GS 430. The 540i was the most trouble some car I have owned and I have owned quite a few cars.
LOL me too. That '94 540i was always in the shop. It was so bad it became a running joke at work. When I had a stellar year at work in 2001, my boss bought the GS 430 as a company car and gave it to me as a Christmas bonus just so he wouldn't have to hear the horror stories anymore.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:31 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I went to infiniti with my brake issues -- had judder since purchase, resurfaced twice, judder goes away, judder comes back, rotors need replacing, infiniti told me all future brake and rotor problems are my problem because I let a tire shop put on my OEM rims instead of an infiniti place, and they also basically told me not to let the door hit me on the a$$ on the way out.

I am very angry with infiniti at this point as well - I have no choice but to BBB and lawyer up and lemon law, but infiniti took the low road and weaseled out of a legitimate warranty repair despite the paper trail of manufacturer defect on the rotors. I feel abused by the company as well, and I feel your pain and sympathize.

I have had my fair share of problems with my car, but they usually have been handled with care and aplomb. But as soon as infiniti saw a chance to get out of an expensive repair, they took it, despite the fact that the repair is one that infiniti should be happy to do, to keep the customer. Same for you. I do not understand car companies, and I too expected more from a 'luxury' company.

I dearly want to get rid of my car, but in my recently divorced state, I'm afraid I may be forced to keep (and redo my own front brakes at the Nissan place) my G37 for the time being. Not sure if I can afford what I want, 2011 R/T Charger, which ironically costs the same as my G37 did, if not more. But given my druthers, and the vastly-improved quality & engine of the 2011 Charger (thank you France????), I've love to get back into a giant V8 that has about the same gas mileage as the G a lot more modification potential.

But I digress - I feel your pain and anger, buddy. When I had my G8 GT, I thought Pontiac/GM was bad, but lately infiniti & their dealers have been sucking.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
I have had nothing but good things come out of West houston Infiniti. every warranty fix was done without hesitation and thier prices were much less than Southwest.

sorry to hear you are having these issues, but i wouldnt write infiniti off completely. you obviously have a defective unit and this can happen with any brand of car. im not sure if lexus or BMW would have handled it any differently.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CougarRed
LOL me too. That '94 540i was always in the shop. It was so bad it became a running joke at work. When I had a stellar year at work in 2001, my boss bought the GS 430 as a company car and gave it to me as a Christmas bonus just so he wouldn't have to hear the horror stories anymore.
I think mine was also a 94 540i. It was 2 years old with 17,000 miles and just turned in from a 2 year lease, so I got a CPO with a 4 year warranty with 83,000 miles left.
I knew about the unreliability of BMWs, but figured with the warranty I had nothing to lose. Big mistake. I was constantly bringing it in for one thing or another. When the 4 years was up I got rid of it but had to take a loss because of the aluminum engine that couldn't handle the amount of sulpher in the American gas.
When I bought the G37, last year, I actually gave some thought to the 335i, but figured I would really feel like a fool to buy another lemon.
My 540i was also a running joke at work, since most of my co-workers thought I was crazy to get such an expensive car to drive to work and then to have all the problems with it.
After owning a BMW, the reliability factor raises way up when you shop for another car.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Maxpilot

Originally Posted by ozzypriest
Not sure if I can afford what I want, 2011 R/T Charger, which ironically costs the same as my G37 did, if not more. But given my druthers, and the vastly-improved quality & engine of the 2011 Charger (thank you France????), I've love to get back into a giant V8 that has about the same gas mileage as the G a lot more modification potential.
Really? You don't even own the Charger R/T and you think it has "vastly improved quality & engine"? Chrysler does not make a "vastly improved" anything over a Nissan product. I've owned 3 Chrysler products in over 37 years of driving. My 6 Nissan products ( 3 G's) are so much better than any American branded car I have ever owned.

If you mod your car, don't expect the dealer to fix it when it breaks. If you are hard on the brakes, the rotors warp, especially if the lug nuts are over torqued. Good luck with your Charger.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxpilot
Really? You don't even own the Charger R/T and you think it has "vastly improved quality & engine"? Chrysler does not make a "vastly improved" anything over a Nissan product. I've owned 3 Chrysler products in over 37 years of driving. My 6 Nissan products ( 3 G's) are so much better than any American branded car I have ever owned.

If you mod your car, don't expect the dealer to fix it when it breaks. If you are hard on the brakes, the rotors warp, especially if the lug nuts are over torqued. Good luck with your Charger.
2011 Mustang 5.0 is the only car in Infinitis' price point that I'd consider, and the new Boss 302 at just over 40k is really the contender, beat the M3 and 911 around Laguna Seca. For those that bash the Mustang you haven't taken the 2011 GT for a spin, it'll make you a believer. It's on my radar for my next ride, and the V8 is a frickin beast! Ford quality is right in Infinitis' league too!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
ford dosent have any quality all the parts are plastic junk inside!!!

Quick Reply: Its official....I will NEVER purchase another Infiniti