MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Its official....I will NEVER purchase another Infiniti (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/219852-its-official-i-will-never-purchase-another-infiniti.html)

HoustonG37 04-04-2011 11:46 PM

Its official....I will NEVER purchase another Infiniti

I've brought my 2009 G37 sedan into the dealership (Sewell Infiniti and West Houston Infiniti) numerous times complaining about the engine surging between 30-40 mph under certain circumstances (which is the topic of another post elsewhere on this site) over the past 2 years. Someone had recently posted a copy of ITB 10-075, which describes the problem perfectly, so I took a copy of it with me to the dealership when I went in for an oil change and other miscellaneous items last weekend. The representative at the dealership said that my car would have been covered by the ITB but a specific part on my car was one letter off. Therefore, they couldn't apply this ITB. My service rep suggested that I contact Infiniti regarding the issue. I did so and received a return call from the regional representative this afternoon. That's when things got worse. First of all, the regional rep was a total b---h with a bad attitude. Second, she confirmed that the one letter difference was enough not to apply the ITB, and she said that "Infiniti is not going to do anything more to address this issue with your car" other than to document it. When I asked to speak with her manager, she said that "there was no one else to speak with" and that her manager doesn't handle the files. She REFUSED to transfer me to anyone else! This has pretty much sealed the deal in my mind that this 7AT is a problem, and Infiniti knows it as evidenced by all of the corrections and reflashes they've had to do. However, I don't think they've identified all of the issues, and they're not willing to satisfactorily correct the concerns noted throughout this website. Therefore, I will NOT be purchasing another Infiniti product when it comes time to replace my car.

Sorry, but I just had to rant....:mad:

devil2k 04-05-2011 12:16 AM

It would be the same for me if they don't address my trunk lid issue to my satisfaction.

However, to be fair, there might be two reasons why your car is not covered by this TSB:
1) They did not find this problem with the batch of cars which your car was a part of. It doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist, they just might not be aware of it.
2) There's just no way for them to reflash the firmware designed for this ITB onto your car due to incompatibility.

Dealership can only do so much, they don't want to be responsible for anything that goes wrong for not following Infiniti's instruction. What if they do the flash anyway and few months down the road your transmission dies?

Either way, the corporate should come up with something to address your issue. I find Infiniti treats their customers the same as people who spent $15,000 on a Nissan Versa. I'm not very impressed with the service and care my car's getting. This is a premium car with crappy paint and average service. As much as I love how amazingly this car handles, I just might sacrifice that and get a Lexus next time.

MACS 04-05-2011 12:37 AM

I'm sorry you've had such bad service with the Infiniti reps. My experience has been quite the opposite of yours.

I had an 04 G35. Electric seat motor went bad and they replaced it in the first year. Never had another issue with it. The button on my mirror that opens my garage door was worn fro using it so much... dealer replaced it, free, and never even asked me. They just did it and told me when I picked up the car from having other maintenance done.

When my front wheel bearings went bad at 78k miles (I drove that car hard) I was a little bummed, so I called Infiniti and they said they wouldn't cover it since I was out of warranty, but they gave me a $300 service credit for parts, service and accessories that I could use on my next visit.

I traded the 04 for the new 11 the day after Christmas, transferred the service credit to the new VIN #, and used that $300 to get a JWI for the new ride.

bluedevils95 04-05-2011 12:48 AM

Have you tried another Dealership? I hear of dealership sometime refuse to fix the problem w/ our cars, and leave it to the next guy. I hear people having that problem and they just change dealership to fix there problem

G35sportsedan 04-05-2011 01:56 AM

Sounds like you had a sour relationship with 1 dealership, befriend another dealership and see what they can do. You said the problem happens after you brake hard. Avoid braking hard.

Ibanez540r 04-05-2011 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by bluedevils95 (Post 3103462)
Have you tried another Dealership? I hear of dealership sometime refuse to fix the problem w/ our cars, and leave it to the next guy. I hear people having that problem and they just change dealership to fix there problem

Originally Posted by G35sportsedan (Post 3103505)
Sounds like you had a sour relationship with 1 dealership, befriend another dealership and see what they can do. You said the problem happens after you brake hard. Avoid braking hard.

In his defense he stated in the first line that he tried 2 separate dealerships and then resorted to phone call to Infiniti where he was then treated like s***. ??? I'd be pissed too. You shouldn't have to "avoid braking hard" in such a vehicle.

My only suggestion would be to try another phone call when you are a bit more settled and calm and try to ask from the beginning to talk with the upper most supervisor and explain to them how the previous person was of no help and was rude. Although it is hard for me at times to deal with the stupid, but a calm explanatory voice can do good a few days later.

CougarRed 04-05-2011 06:03 AM

As another Houston G owner, I've purchased two Infinitis (2004 G35, 2010 G37) and would not hesitate to purchase a 3rd. I love my G37 - it's the best car I've ever owned (others include a 1994 540i and a 2001 Lexus GS430).

Sorry you've had a bad experience.

KLB 04-05-2011 08:18 AM

Did you get the name of the person you spoke to at Infiniti?

Call again and ask for a supervisor. Tell them you want to file a complaint against one of their customer service reps.

ANMVQ 04-05-2011 08:34 AM

I would try to call Infiniti again and speak to someone else, Also a phone call to the leamon law wont hurt either, I had a problem with my 04 Z( Oil consumption) The car need a motor and the dealer the area rep tried playing games with me. I made a phone call the The leamon law office and in 8 days my car was at the dealer getting a engine installed..

If he just goes to another dealer it may not matter as the rep he spoke to will cover that dealer also,, Unless the dealer just reflashed and doesnt call Infiniti.

Sorry man

bluedevils95 04-05-2011 09:02 AM

Sounds like a bad place for service! +1 for filing a complaint

icfp1980 04-05-2011 09:14 AM

Go to Southwest Infiniti. Talk to Daniel. He's a great SA. My friends, including myself, will only take our G's there. Good luck.

ualdep 04-05-2011 09:36 AM

Hi, I would also get the critical part # that doesnt match the TSB; then post it here & have other owners see if they have the same problem; Infiniti might not have enough reports to issue a TSB; in all fairness, each engine & txmission has its own personality & quirks; but that doesnt mean the tranny is not working right; I had a BMW x5 before & its tranny had a rough transition @ certain times & they just said it was part of the hill descent program; none R perfect; & the BMW was in for too many repairs... good luck

09 G37S 7AT, 10K

ShyTown91 04-05-2011 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by bluedevils95 (Post 3103462)

I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE, AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!

Originally Posted by G35sportsedan (Post 3103505)
Sounds like you had a sour relationship with 1 dealership, befriend another dealership and see what they can do.

+10000000

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r (Post 3103570)
In his defense he stated in the first line that he tried 2 separate dealerships and then resorted to phone call to Infiniti where he was then treated like s***..

honestly, sometimes toi isnt enough. you need to keep looking for service that satisfies you or youll never get what you want.

Harley'sG 04-05-2011 09:56 AM

I would try another dealer. I've heard good things about Southwest and Clear Lake.

gee wiz 04-05-2011 11:26 AM

As others have said, don't give up. Try more phone calls, write letters and provide a link to the massive negative threads here on the subject. Let them know you're going public, filing for lemon law, better business bureau, etc.

You can still chose to not purchase another Infiniti, but you currently deserve a better response to this matter.