G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchase decision

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:48 PM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The G is a classic sexy car with lower cost maintaining more reliable car compare to Mercedes, BMW etc.
if i have to spend my hard earning $$$ The G hands down.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Bo2point0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought my G because

Pricing is lowest compared to equally optioned bmw, merc, lexus, audi.

Maintenance is also cheaper, as well as, long term reliability. Maybe Lexus has the reliability thing down too though.

Best Power in class. BMW has faster 0-60 but G37 has better freeway passing ability. I'm not racing at every red light, I'm passing cars on freeway and side streets.

Has the largest brakes in its class. This is purely aesthetic as it does not out break all its competitors because it is one heavy ride. Brake distance is at or near top of class though.

Also has LSD, which many of its competitors neglected to have in their performance versions.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote=TheIvoryG;3063825]C300 is a nice car...I looked at it...but ultimately it just wasn't sporty enough. Its still an old rich persons car. Maybe that is just mental for me, but it still holds water.

quote]

To me a C300 is a budget luxury car, basically someonw with Nissan money who wants to be able to say the drive a Mercedes but arent getting the full experience.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:30 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by financeman
If you use the recommended ester oil and have the dealer do the changes......the dealer charges $16 a quart for the stuff. You can buy it on line and change it yourself for less. Failure to use the ester oil can cause valve train clatter. That said, I have heard some changes were made to the 2011 models that might allow for the use of less expensive alternative. I would certainly verify before signing on the dotted line.
There's been some extensive threads regarding ester oil on this site and there's better choices for less money. I just use Mobil1 w/ Molbil1 Filters and have 25k so far w/ no valve noise and no measureable oil consumption and very good fuel economy (when I'm driving it down the hwy that is .
I know Mobil1 isn't the best, but it's been great thus far IME.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:36 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by onthelimit
Are oil changes THAT expensive???
I took my G to Sewell Infiniti of Dallas this afternoon with six quarts of Pennzoil Ultra in the back seat, and they said it would be less than $30 to change it, filter included. Oil was $33. Not a bad deal.

Getting the tranny re-flashed, too.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:44 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
something about the G to me that had me hooked a few years ago..its a great fun car to drive.cheaper maintenance than the other 2 as well..
Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 AM
roots4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want power and reliability, go with the G. The Mercedes, IMO, is absolutely the best looking car of the bunch and the C class gets true Mercedes quality this year. If you want a really refined sports sedan, go with the 328i.

All three of those cars cater to very specific needs and I think that will make your choice a lot easier.

Some things to note:

- BMW and Mercedes have much better bluetooth quality
- Infiniti has much more power (for the money)
- BMW and Infiniti have a sporty ride
- Mercedes has a softer ride (yes, even the sport)
- Mercedes has the best interior, fit, finish, quality.
- BMW and Mercedes have better brand cachet among the general populace.
- Infiniti is generally more reliable and is a better option if you want to buy the car.
- Ipod integration is probably best in the newest G37 but I haven't tried the newest C class and 3 series.
- Mercedes C-class I think has a best navi screen but it's a pop-up (good or bad, up to you).
- Infiniti Navi has touchscreen which is nice and is controllable mostly by steering wheel controls.
- BMW now has iDrive on the 3 series but I have no real experience with the latest one.
- If you get the leather option, Mercedes is definitely the best. BMW is a distant second. Infiniti is, well it's barely leather but at least it's standard.

I've spent a lot of time in the latest generation C-Class and it is truly an impressive car. I think it is a GREAT value and it looks HOT to boot. The fit and finish on the car from the engine bay, trunk, interior, exterior, even the glove compartment are truly top notch for a car in this class. The only thing that kept me from it were potential reliability and the steering is still Mercedes steering and the Sport model is firm but still a little too cushy for me. Also the C300 only has like 230hp.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:21 AM
009g4me

I bought 2 Infiniti vehicles last year..first the fx35, then the g37s...love them both

Definitely consider what you're looking for in a car but I'll never regret the g37s. I chose Infiniti over the others in their class because:

- Best bang for the buck
- Reliability and Safety..i know a few Audi owners whose vehicles were always in the shop
- BMW seemed plain on the inside and hated the nav/**** dial
- Never been a fan of Mercedes
- Cost of insurance on the Lexus IS was almost twice as high as the g
Old 02-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by godzilla619
Every asshat drives a bmw in socal, mercedes don't have manuals,
the way i looked at it was that yes everybody has a beamer now, (it is the jersey shore stamp here in mass)

when benz's break, i heard they break for real.

i wanted to stay in the nissan family and get a awd! ;-D
Old 02-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Gobbler Man

I shopped the same cars, including the Lexus. Decided on the G after driving just the G. Things like reliability, looks, comfort, etc sold me after the test drive. Got a great deal at the time also.

One thing to consider, the G has some MPG issues. It sucks gas up, especially in town and city driving. Not sure on the other cars in the list, but G will drink the gas fast.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:36 AM
zoner

Factors to consider are whether you are going to use the back seats as the Infiniti is much more comfortable than the 300. The rear door opening on the 300 is so small you have to fold your feet to get out. Are you going to own it and keep it for a while or lease it for 2-3 years? the Infiniti is much more reliable.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:52 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

I actually considered the same cars before I bought my G. On top of 328xi & c300 4matic, I was also looking at other luxury & non-luxury cars:
- A4 Quattro
- IS250 AWD
- TL AWD
- Legacy 3.6R / GT
- WRX
- Lancer Ralliart

G was well-rounded and best value out of all the ones I looked at.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:57 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by Gobbler Man
I shopped the same cars, including the Lexus. Decided on the G after driving just the G. Things like reliability, looks, comfort, etc sold me after the test drive. Got a great deal at the time also.

One thing to consider, the G has some MPG issues. It sucks gas up, especially in town and city driving. Not sure on the other cars in the list, but G will drink the gas fast.
That's relative to your driving style. I average 21 mpg or better and get close to 400 miles on each tank. I drive about 70% city now. And no i dont baby the gas pedal.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
wickedwyrm

I wanted Awd sedan to replace my Z (baby comming). Looked at 328 = to small, 535xi had too many reliability issues, C300 was too slow, C350 didn't come in Awd. Was an easy descision for me.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:28 PM
wickedwyrm

I wanted Awd sedan to replace my Z (baby comming). Looked at 328 = to small, 535xi had too many reliability issues, C300 was too slow, C350 didn't come in Awd. Was an easy descision for me. But the Benz do look good.

Quick Reply: Purchase decision