Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle sensitivity (non-uniform)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:35 PM
llee916

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoshLee89
Have you tried reset your ECU? That might make your car to start fresh, and learn your driving style.
Has anyone been able to confirm that the G37 will actually learn your driving style??? I asked an Infiniti service advisor this regarding the transmission learning your driving style and he said it doesn't learn your driving style.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:15 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by llee916
Has anyone been able to confirm that the G37 will actually learn your driving style??? I asked an Infiniti service advisor this regarding the transmission learning your driving style and he said it doesn't learn your driving style.
Yes, it will change. My car behaves totally differently now. Even in DS mode.

To keep the car's power down, have them drive with the snow mode on.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
droogie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The G37 doesn't have a linear throttle table, i.e. 50% gas does not equal 50% throttle. I believe you can fix this with an UpRev tune, the throttle table is one of the things the tuner can manipulate.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 AM
maxximase
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I just replaced my 05 G35 6MT coupe with an 09S 6MT sedan and there are 3 things I really dislike about it, but am getting used to:

1. the unnecessarily sensitive throttle that is the subject of this thread -- the car is more difficult to drive smoothly in stop-and-go traffic compared to my G35. Even driving around town, it takes some thought to simply start from a stoplight without looking like you're trying to race the car next to you.

2. when you take your foot off the throttle to shift, the RPMs do not drop immediately -- there is a lag of a little more than a second (my 04 Maxima 6MT also did this, but not my G35). I'm used to it now, but it took some time to get the 1-2 shift smooth consistently compared to the G35. This "feature" also makes driving in traffic generally less smooth

3. the brakes on the S are really grabby at the top of the pedal travel -- again, this makes the car generally more difficult to drive smoothly, especially in traffic. These brakes also throw off an extraordinary amount of brake dust -- my wheels are dark brown after only a week of driving

I do really like the car as a whole, but these small gripes bug me.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:39 PM
maxximase
Registered Member

Originally Posted by llee916
You can put a firm sponge in between the gas pedal and the floor behind it making it a little harder to push the gas- although this may become a safety issue in situations where hard and quick acceleration is needed to avoid an accident.
Future Darwin Award candidate right there.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Texasdoc

I can't find a snow mode. I guess they only have it on the AWD models.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:06 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasdoc
I can't find a snow mode. I guess they only have it on the AWD models.
Correct.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:59 AM
maxximase
Registered Member

I brought my 09 sedan in to Beshoff for service this week and asked them to look into the throttle sensitivity. The service tech was aware of this issue and said there was a bulletin available to recalibrate the throttle, so I told them to go ahead and do it.

The result -- a nice, linear throttle. No more feeling like you're flooring it despite barely touching the pedal.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Texasdoc

Maxximase, You don't happen to know the Service Bulletin number, do you?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:44 AM
roots4x

after driving my wife's BMW, I'm totally used to it (535i with an Auto is extremely touchy at start). I do kinda miss the throttle in my 07 G35 Coupe as it did seem more linear - although I can't be certain. I think that's a small part of why the manual transmission in this car is a little annoying. It's tough at first to give a small amount of throttle and you end up giving none or way too much when you first drive the car.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
1BadAssG

Originally Posted by maxximase
I brought my 09 sedan in to Beshoff for service this week and asked them to look into the throttle sensitivity. The service tech was aware of this issue and said there was a bulletin available to recalibrate the throttle, so I told them to go ahead and do it.

The result -- a nice,ui linear throttle. No more feeling like you're flooring it despite barely touching the pedal.
More information please as I also have the issue on my 2010
Old 01-10-2011, 02:53 PM
maxximase
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Texasdoc
Maxximase, You don't happen to know the Service Bulletin number, do you?
I don't, but I'll ask my service writer.

My paperwork says the ECU was reprogrammed because a new ECU program was available.

If that means something to anyone...
Old 01-10-2011, 02:57 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Thats how most women drive here EVERYWHERE
Fixed for you
Old 01-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Warp37

I seem to have the opposite problem. Limited throttle response until the pedal is 2/3 of the way down. I wish I had your "problem".
Old 07-18-2013, 11:38 PM
campr

Seems to be a common (and potentially dangerous) problem

I'm not a big infiniti fan, I just got a really good deal on a 2007 G35 when my dear neighbor passed recently. I got a good buy partly because it had dents on every corner. One day I heard her hit the garage as she was trying to get out. No I know why. The very first time I drove it, my wife thought I was being careless when barked the tires and blasted off. The brakes are super-sensitive too. For this reason and because it only gets 18 mpg when I drive 100mpday, I parked it and continue to drive my 96 Camry with 269k miles on it. So my wife decided to start driving it. Next day she called the dealer and asked what is the deal and what can be done, they didn't know.

So anyway, my poor neighbor probably never realized it was the car and not her that not functioning properly. Guess I'll take to the dealer and see if they know who to re-profile it as described. Even so, I'll still drive my Camry 'til it rolls over (unless I'm taking a customer out for lunch!).

Quick Reply: Throttle sensitivity (non-uniform)